Experience Report - Kratom and Kanna and my quest to get dry

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by mrspickless, Sep 3, 2015.

1. mrspickless

mrspickless Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    Hi all,

I am really new to this so am looking for some help. For the last ten years at least, I have had a difficult relationship with alcohol. Its no coincidence that I have been also struggling with depression and anxiety since my teen years. Booze helped me through, gave me the confidence to head out of the door. However, when I finally was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder nearly three years ago, I was warned that I needed to knock the drink on the head as it would not mix well with my medication. That was easier said than done and I carried on drinking. For a couple of years my body took a real beating and my behaviour was getting out of control. Nearly a year ago my medication ran out and I could not get a repeat prescription. As a result I drank more. About four months ago I decided to have a look into other ways of medicating myself other than alcohol. This is when I ordered my first batch of Kanna, despite reading some pretty mixed reviews of it. At first I was insane and insufflated it. My sinuses still have not recovered fully. Later, I took 500mg with some gum and chewed it. I find that sometimes it can make me feel quite sick but I found that the overall effects a good. After about 15 Minutes, I get a slightly strange stoned but speedy feeling, this gives way to a very relaxed sensation. I can sit back in a chair and feel my muscle tension leave me. The temper that has always simmered under the surface is gone and the anxiety too. After a while I can become quite chatty and less insecure.Also, I found that it was really easy not to drink and had a month without a drink. It suppresses my appetite too, which for me is great! To me it feels like a very amphetamine like sensation. As a result I have been taking Kanna regularly most mornings. I had read that Kanna had reverse tolerance, but in my case I did not find that to be true. Indeed, I started to need a higher dose every day to get the same effects. In that case I started looking round for something that I could take in order to have a break from the Kanna, and I ordered some Kratom. The first time I took it, I was not hugely impressed, but I persevered with it. I find Kratom more difficult to describe... It does reduce my anxiety greatly and does give me euphoric feelings, however, I am still aware that my mood or temper is there and is likely to come through at some point. It has helped me with drinking too. I have tried mostly white vein strains and have dabbled with red vein and have enjoyed both, more so the white though to be honest. I have ordered some Phenibut and some Kava so am looking forward to trying those. I suppose that I am really looking for something that I can take whilst I am out and with people that are drinking that will stop me from feeling the urge to head for the demon booze, or at least help me cut down on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well the problem with phenibut is it has some serious risks of addiction in of itself. If it's used daily you'll be in a world of hurt. It does make a pretty good sub to alcohol but frequent use makes it risky, tolerance rises pretty quick and withdrawal is torture so use it with care.

Kava is also good I wouldn't take of with phenibut I would try it on its own first. Kava isn't as risky addiction wise (I am not sure if there is a risk of addiction with Kava or not) but it can cause nausea because of its numbing effects. You'll probably not want to take this regularly either but perhaps you can rotate the two.

Realize that you're substituting one addiction for potentially another, the best solution is therapy to figure out why you need to drink and what the root of the actual problem is. Using drugs to numb emotions isn't a solution, its a bandaid at first but ultimately it becomes a problem on top of whatever the cause of your drinking is.

3. mrspickless

mrspickless Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    Thanks for that. Very sound advice! I'm supposed to be on medication for my supposed bipolar anyway. I need some form of medication either way, but II prefer the "natural"route, rather than the horrible chemicals they had me full of. I am trying to find a group of things that I can cycle. I do two days of Kratom and a week off on the Kanna, so I'll do the same with the kava and phenibut. Maybe once every 1.5 weeks in this way. But how often is going to be safe to stop any addiction?

4. Amazing Jeans

Amazing Jeans Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Also Kratom is addictive and it's possible that your anxiety will get worse and you then need to take Kratom to feel normal.

5. mrspickless

mrspickless Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    Sure. I am really making sure that I space out my days on Kratom, leaving at least a week in between. I use Kanna much more... most days and find that this is just excellent with anxiety. I really have not noticed any side effects of anxiety with the Kratom yet either. Do you think that I should leave more than a week between taking the week? and if so, how long should I leave it?

6. Amazing Jeans

Amazing Jeans Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Leaving one week between doses is very safe as long as you don't start doing it everyday.