Kratom and nicotine?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by hh339, Jun 6, 2006.

1. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Just wondering: Does ciggarettes make the effects of kratom stronger?
    I had 3 grams of 15x 2 ago and it came on very nice, but when I had 2 ciggarettes: God damn it hit a lot harder than before. Could it be the kratom just kicked in harder or does the ciggarettes have anything to do with it? Maybe nicotine potentiates it?

2. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Kratom and Nicotine

It is prob purely psycological. I have had the same expirence, but feels that it was all in his head, because of similar expirence with MDMA, LSA, and others to which it should have no real effect on. To the best of my knowledge nicotine is a very mild stimulant so it shouldn't have that much of an effect. Also note should be taken that Kratom can have a very slow come-on, so it could have just been a delayed effect.

--nera

3. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    Why not test it by doing the same amount again with and w/o tobacco. I can't imagine they would have very powerful synergistig effect.
    By the way, how effective MAOI tobacco is? Can't be very because it isn't used as one in for example ayahuasca and it isn't life threatening to smoke while on E, I suppose.

4. blackwolf

blackwolf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I do not quite know weather or not there is a synergy between tobacco and kratom, buut here are my experiences.

I am a smoker( well I am trying to quit) and have used kratom around 100 times in the last 2 years. One of the first things I considered using the kratom for was to quit smoking, becaus eI found that I was not to intrested in actually smoking while I was on kratom. I normally would end up smoking though, and as soon as I did, I would feel a small increase in effects, but a huge increase in nausea. I almost had to thow up a few times while smoking on kratom. Other wise I would just feel sick for about 10-15 min.

I found with the thai kratom I would get less of the sick feeling when mixing with smokes, but I still could notice a bit.
    So thats my 2cents

5. Ninja

Ninja Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The couple times I have used kratom SWIM also thought that smoking made SWIM higher. I think that its all in my head but maybe not.

6. 420sublime420

420sublime420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Remember, the plocebo effect can be a strong one!

7. cj1223

cj1223 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o
    Ya im sure nicotine can have an effect with kratom, expecaily if your not used to kratom or nicotine. Back when I first started smoking weed and cigaretes, mixing the two together would get me sicker then hell I would get dizzy and eventualy trough up, then i flelt better, thishas happend to me lots of time and i was able to figeurit was the nicoin/weed mix. So inconclusion if your not used to the substances mixing them can have an adverse effect.

8. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I do not smoke but after reading this post he decided to try a cigarette whilst on kratom, in swims opinion the nicotine does increase the effects of the kratom.

9. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Many drugs can, for some users, seem to syngergize well with nicotine (and with kratom for that matter). What's interesting is that there are always opposite responses also - there's a thread here somewhere about kratom helping someone quit cigarettes. I have noticed that kratom and nicotine seem to play well together, but IMO it's not nearly as noticable as the synergy with kratom and cannabis!

10. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  11. trippokwarg

trippokwarg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    My apologies for reviving such an old thread but I felt like sharing his experience with the world.

Almost 6+ hours into the experience (500mg Ultra Enhanced Indo and 500mg Indo Kratom Extract 20x), SWIM decided a cigarette would be nice to have and was at this point unaware the kratom was still active. It was because I am so familiar with this compound. Only three puffs later, I had to endure an uncomfortable surge of nicotine that lasted about 5min. He was quick to make the connection, and decided to search Google for answers and thereby stumbled on this thread.

At this point, I don't really feel like finishing the cigarette.

12. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Me and the s.o. experience a synergy between kratom and cigarettes to the point of unpleasantness. We both quickly get "cigged out", too much nicotine at about half the amount as normal. Nearly every time I vomit from kratom, its because I smoked too many cigs.

My conclusion is some kind of correlation between the kratom and the MAOIs in cigs, as noted above.

13. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    I don't smoke very much lately but i do smoke more than usual when i have consumed Kratom.
    I especially enjoy the first cigarette that i have just as i start to feel the kratom effects coming on.

14. eisenheim

eisenheim Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    I find cannabis to be a lot more enjoyable on kratom than cigarettes. I use cigarettes as a sort of medication for anxiety/ocd and never got high out it. SWIM noticed that he feels no anxiety at all while on kratom and thus smokes a lot less. SWIM can go for many hours smokeless and any cravings for cigarettes are numbed up and turned into feelings of pleasure of not being a smoker. There's a visible loss appetite from kratom too, so I don't have to worry about weight-gain (big reason for continuing to smoke cigs).

This makes me think that maybe he should just switch addictions, to reduce harm.

15. Eyeless105

Eyeless105 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Florida, U.S.A.
    From what I understand, nicotine causes the brain to release dopamine. The effects on your brain from the Kratom combined with the increased dopamine output most likely seems to be what heightened your experience.

16. Legalhighbyby

Legalhighbyby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    For swim it's the exact opposite, while I am on maeng da kratom he enjoys smoking ciggerates on it. It almost reminds swim of his MDMA days where he would smoke a ton of smokes on it. Swim says maeng da has that MDMA effect just by nearly as strong. After smoking ciggerates I feel good but doesn't affect the euphoric affect at all exept just enjoying the ciggerate because of that rushy speedy feeling.

17. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Arkansas, U.S.A.
    Do you smoke menthols? There is a thread around here somewhere that I remember was very similar to this except it was about opioids and opiates.

Supposedly menthol acts on the same receptors in your brain as opioids do. And I think kratom does to. So it possibly can increase effects...although it wouldn't be by a lot. The rest is just placebo probably.

18. Legalhighbyby

Legalhighbyby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    No I just smoke regular Peter Jackson's, but for me it's very enjoyable to smoke on that Strain of kratom

19. seaturtle

seaturtle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Menthol acts on the kappa opioid receptors very weakly. Kappa opioid receptor activation is associated with dysphoria, dissociation, and delirium rather than anything pleasurable. One of the most well known drugs that activates the kappa opioid receptors is Salvia Divinorum, which is a completely different experience than opiates.