Effects - Kratom and sex drive

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by littlebadfish, Jan 7, 2014.

1. littlebadfish

littlebadfish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have been taking Kratom as a substitute for opioids for the past 3 weeks with much success. I have read about other people's experiences with Kratom and have found that I have some very different reactions for lack of better words. I am almost hesitant to believe these reactions are indeed related to the Kratom since I haven't read about anyone else experiencing this which leads me to my slightly embarrassing and awkward question

Has anyone else experienced a dramatic increase in sex drive while "under the influence" of Kratom? The amount of pleasure I feel while engaged in any sexual activity increases as well. I also find that, well I don't know how to say this other than to just say it. I can have orgasm after orgasm after orgasm. Sometimes there's no "recovery" time between them and one just runs right in to the other. Is this due to the Kratom or something else going on with my body? If it is from the Kratom what in the Kratom is having this effect on me? Is it a certain alkaloid? I really don't understand how this could be the Kratom since it's suppose to be like opioids which numb you essentially and make sensations and pleasure less intense.

2. Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There could be a couple things at play here.

First of all, since it sounds like you are coming off of stronger opiates that kill sex drive/pleasure, stepping down to a weaker substance (kratom) means that your sex drive is rebounding from a hibernating state. Sort of a rebound effect, where you are bouncing back and the sex drive is in full-force now.

Second, some people do claim kratom enhances sex. I personally do not find this to be the case, but I am part of a large kratom forum and a minority of people report greatly enhanced sex through kratom. Kratom does not work exactly like an opiate - it has a variety of effects, some of which are more stimulant-like.

I wouldn't obsess about it - if kratom is helping you get off of opiates and improving your sex life at the same time, enjoy!!!

3. littlebadfish

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oh yes, good point. I didn't take into consideration that it could have something to do with the fact that I'm not taking opioids anymore. That is a possibility. It's good to know I'm not the only person that reports this happening though. Thank you for your reply.

4. ChaBOI

ChaBOI Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find kratom works very well as a legal way to last longer in bed (painkillers work too, but aren't readily available without a prescription). Kratom works wonders in this regard, just don't take too much and not be able to keep it up/pass out! I tend to "fire" fairly quickly when completely sober with the ladies aka premature ejaculation. What can I say? ....I just get really turned on! I'm not even embarrassed to admit it, tons of dudes suffer from this!

5. mgdude21

mgdude21 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I don't know man, whenever I pop an oxycodone, or some hydromorphone, I can barely get it up. but of course no one body reacts the same to a drug, but I remember my first Kratom experience I consumed about a gram (at this time I was completely opioid naïve), and I was practically humping air, so yeah, Kratom works wonder's ta get ya freak on.

6. Pollix11

Pollix11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Badfish,

Is your name from the Sublime song?

I have recently been using kratom to kick methadone and you are not alone!! I feel like I am 16 again! Like a horse I tell you!

Long term opiate use kills the sex drive, I think that it's just coming back.. Kratom might have something to do with it, I don't know for sure.. but I am not complaining!

7. SunnyDisposition

SunnyDisposition Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So I started using kratom about 7 days ago to lessen the withdrawal symptoms I had from tramadol.... and errrmuhhhgawwddd. I have been waking myself up from a dead sleep with an orgasm. I can't even be touched without having an orgasm. And after climaxing my drive doesn't decrease... it never goes away. This stuff is golden.

8. soulsy11

soulsy11 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    This experience sounds like its worth any withdrawal to achieve. I have had some pretty damn good sex on kratom that's for sure but never multiple orgasms running through each other like trains trying to merge onto one track. That sounds absolutely incredible, do not be embarrassed. Are you a woman or man?

I'm on my 10th day without Kratom and my sex drives kind of low. I have been using twice a day for 3 months.

soulsy11 added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Now that I have found out your a girl the whole multiple orgasms running through each other seems a little bit more believable. I can dig it. I thought you were a dude. And I was like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh?????? Tooooo dope

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  9. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    During the kratom honeymoon period, before i get into daily use and when i kept the dose low, it was great for sex. But like most of the positive effects that you get when you are using it sensibly they start to invert after you have been using it daily for a while.
    The libido drops, and there is less 'pleasure' felt.

10. littlebadfish

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes I am a women, and yes my user name is from the Sublime song.

Considering Kratom seems to be effecting some of you similarly, I find it more likely that what I am experiencing is from the Kratom, and not just from being off opioids.

I know that Kratom effects some of the same receptors in the brain as opiods do, but does anyone know if it effects some of the same receptors as stimulants?

11. ItsMePrettyKitty

ItsMePrettyKitty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.
    Coming from a slightly different angle here, Kratom usually upsets my tummy too much for the boping and jumping requisite to sexual intimacy. Doesn't really bother me though because I just want to lay around on kratom, not get up to strenuous activity.

12. C11H15

C11H15 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have actually found the opposite.
    Opioids/opiates (inc. kratom) tend to reduce sex drive, while stimulants (amphetamine & methamphetamine) increase sex drive.
    However, Cousin Merle is right; stepping down from a strong opioid to one that is less so would increase sex drive AND kratom is a euphoriant to some, just like other euphoriants some find MDMA drastically increases percieved sexual pleasure.

13. renacer

renacer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Not sure if it's okay to bump this thread or if I should make a new one but with kratom I experience increased sex drive. I don't have erectile issues but I do have a harder time getting off so it works like a small dose of amphetamine in that regard.

14. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Are you new to kratom?
    If so my post above might be of interest.
    I know every one is different but i have heard a lot of regular kratom users talk about a loss of libido, similar to opiate users.

15. blacksparrow

blacksparrow Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    It used to do that to me in the beginning. Not really anymore. I just want to nod out on kratom now.

Ianzombie, I have had that experience. Loss of libido. But I've gotten that over the years in general. I had a high libido at the beginning of my relationship, and sometimes I still do, but it comes and goes in waves. I do feel that doing opiates makes it worse though. I will see how 2 weeks off kratom affects that.

16. Cilonen

Cilonen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I remember when i just started to take Kratom i would get completely asexual acutely. Similar to a low dose LSA when you just feel warm and good and don't want anything else than 'yourself' in this moment.

Eventually it feels like my libido dropped chronically, after taking it daily for 17 months. When i don't take Kratom for 2 days i can feel how my libido increases a lot.
    I should add that i took malaysian maeng da which is one of the most stimulating strains.

In my experience high doses of Kratom make you detached from your sexuality after some time. Oh, and if you think that it might be a good idea to decrease your sexual drive, then i'd say that it's a bad idea since it will make you rather unmotivated in other areas aswell.

It helped a friend to fix premature ejaculation.

I believe it can help people with their sex drive if nervousness/excitement is their problem.

17. SiR

SiR Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from North America
    From my own personal experience i feel Kratom makes me feel harder and maybe a small sex drive boost but ultimately i notice it definitely makes me last longer....and i know that is a great thing and all but from someone who can usually go long by myself sometimes a straight hour and a half of sex can get a little exhausting. I would say that the orgasm is better as well but i would also think this would be from the longer-sex and the buildup from that. But one herb i can tell you IS EPIC for sex is Blue Lotus and i find Kratom with Blue Lotus is even better for sex as Blue Lotus makes it feel super nice, makes you super horny, makes my penis a little bigger and harder and usually makes me bust faster and when mixed with Kratom it makes it feel even more nice and the Kratom will help you not bust right away.

18. LoveEveryone

LoveEveryone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As an older Kratom user (healthy, fit mid 50's) I find the idea of wanting to "bop" with my partner is certainly increased, but the reality for me (twice a week experience of 4 gems each) is more of a struggle to stay super hard, but my desire to love, be loved and stay close is significantly increased.