1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Kratom and the military

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by Svartkell, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Svartkell

Svartkell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Some dude I know takes Kratom on a fairly regular basis. From what he can tell, at least in the Army, there are regs that do not specifically prohibit kratom, but it's generally understood that any substances like kratom are pretty much off limits. My buddy enjoys the plant and wants to continue, but boy is it risky.
    Pro:
    1. No testing for Kratom as of yet (at least routinely).
    2. Great plant, few side effects, positive effects on life

Con:
    1. Lose military career.

My buddy thinks the chances of ever getting caught are very small. He tells me that he orders online from very reputable sources, only does it on weekend, and is otherwise very discreet. He wanted me to ask if anyone has any insight into the actual risks of getting caught. He's a good kid, don't want him to get hurt.

2. Alien Sex Fiend

Alien Sex Fiend Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    is kratom legal where you live? so then hows it different from chamomile tea? or caffeine?

standard drug tests can't show positive for kratom. of course a hair test may show something if they are looking for kratom in the first place. so you are safe

3. Svartkell

Svartkell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    It's legal in the state where my buddy lives, but he seems to think it's still illegal for service members to use kratom

4. Pharfromsober

Pharfromsober Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from Arizona, U.S.A.
    It could probably be considered misconduct, this would be entirely up to your commanding officer though. The punishment for misconduct can vary greatly from simple article 15 type punishment, like extra duty and post confinement, all the way up to court martial and being chaptered out. The worst case scenario is not much fun, I had been in the army for 3 years when I pissed hot for weed, I was chaptered out in less than 60 days. It is humiliating to say the least, especially when you're considered to be one of the more respected junior nco's. I was an e-5.

However I really see the risks as being minimal when it comes to kratom, you're not going to fail a urinalysis for it. So unless your battle buddy rats you out and you keep it to yourself you should have little to worry about.

5. Alien Sex Fiend

Alien Sex Fiend Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    they are not looking for kratom. thats the point. even if do the hair, they most probably won't find it. its chemistry, you can't find what you are not looking for. besides don't tell no one, and if shit hits the fan, your guy probably won't know what kratom is, so when asked you tell him its tea, like herbal tea, like chamomile tea. its always better not to tell, or play dumb if found out but they won't

6. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Imperial Wizzard Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany, Federal Republic of
    When Kratom is not a controlled substance where you live you can't be tested on this non- controlled substance, military service or not .

Whether it is advisable to take a substance that is leading to addiction if taken on a regular basis is a different question.

And that Kratom remains uncontrolled in most of the world doesnt mean it stays uncontrolled for forever.
    Kratom already is in the view of ' zero drugs' people in legislation and so one can estimate that it can only take months or in best case years until we find it on a no-no list.

If you get the money for living from military play aling their rules. Trying to outtrick systems has often lead to making a very silly face when caught..
    Thats what I d tell your military buddy.

BBW

Tags: