1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - Kratom and Tramadol Cross Tolerance?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by picuru, Aug 20, 2012.

1. picuru

picuru Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Hi, i have developed a tolerance for Kratom.. And when i wanted to take Tramadol, i realized that i wasnt enjoying it like always. Is it possible that Kratom have crossed tolerance with Tramadol?
    If so, how many days i have to wait (aproximately) to low my tolerance, and to feel and enjoy the tramadol effects again?

Thanks!

2. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's very possible that kratom and tramadol could've had a cross tolerance, in this situation, since both substances have an affinity for opioid receptors. Even if one has a high tolerance to kratom that doesn't mean that he/she will gain a high tolerance to tramadol (assuming that kratom is the only drug being used). Regardless, some of the kratom tolerance will cross over to one's tolerance to tramadol.

The time one has to wait for his/her tolerance to reset or lower, to a drug, is dependent on how much is usually used, how often it's used, and for how long it's been used for. Answering these questions will help to determine approximately how long it would take for one's tolerance to decrease.

3. picuru

picuru Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I have used kratom for aproximately 7 straight days (was SWIM`S first kratom bag ever tried), first doses were of about 1 teaspoon 3~4 times a day.. after that tolerance started to develop, and he needed more kratom to feel it, he finally finished taking about 3 teaspoon 3~4 times a day. So he decided to have a rest, to reset his tolerance.

4. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Woah... so you were taking 15 - 20 g/day, at first, and gradually ended up taking 45 - 60 g/day? Whether your kratom was of good quality or not, it was just plain stupid of you to take that much kratom for 7 days straight. Repeatedly taking high amounts is going to build a massive kratom tolerance, quite quickly. In addition, some of that tolerance to kratom will cross over to your tolerance to tramadol and other opiates/opioids. I'm glad that you decided to take a break; you should continue it for a minimum of 2 - 3 weeks.

In order to avoid increasing your tolerance to kratom, you should only use it 1 - 2 times a week and at the lowest effective dose possible. Also, I recommend investing in some better quality kratom, so you don't have to ingest as much plant material.

5. Tripdisaster

Tripdisaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from niger
    Kratom is one of substance that create tolerance faster than any. In SWIM experience after only 1 day use the second day will already have much less effect at the same dose. After 3 days use SWIM feel little to no effect at the same dose.

I highly recommend you to take break between uses of Kratom because you wont be able to enjoy it anymore. Also high dose of Kratom will just make you nausous and dizzy.

In SWIM experience Tramadol have similar effect to Kratom but more sedative. Cross-Tolerance is really possible. In low dose Kratom act on Delta Opioid receptor and as you increase the dose it active Mu Opioid receptor too. Tramadol act on Mu Opioid receptor.

Conclusion; take breaks between uses of both.