1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Other - Kratom and Urinalysis

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by addicted2hc, Jan 13, 2007.

1. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was curious as to if Kratom would show up on a UA as opiates or not. Anyone have any insight?

2. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIdr has heard that kratom use can cause false positives in UA tests for oxymorphine, but it is controversial (sp?). Still SWIdr believes You should be fine because if his memory serves him right, kratom does act upon the opiate receptors. But this is NOT solid fact, so You should keep doing research on this subject.

3. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well SWIM researched it as thoroughly as he could and found nothing. Regardless, Anyone who has used Kratom and has to take a UA, could just use the arguement that its legal in the U.S., right?

4. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    addicted2hc that would just be a good way to get attention towards the plant and it illegalized.

many swim's have taken a UA a day after kratom use with no problems. This does not mean a false UA is impossible.

5. catchdog

catchdog Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm not an expert, but my two cents: UA doesn't test the receptor sites in your brain, it tests the chemical makeup of your urine. Since the actives in kratom don't bear a structural resemblance to opiates, there would be no chance of a false positive.

6. Druid MacArthur

Druid MacArthur Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have used both a light greenish powder and a dark brown extract 2 days before ua and passed.

7. dohse

dohse Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    My cat took 5 grams of red vein powder on 11/16 and took a ua 13 hours later on 11/17 and hasn't received a call. At this point I'm pretty sure el gato passed.

8. Psyde255

Psyde255 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    I'm not a doctor so don't come calling if i'm wrong, but I take UA's and Kratom does not pop on a standard 5/6 panel; it acts upon the opiate receptors but produces no opiate metabolites. Even if it did, a further chromatic spectrum analysis would prove that it is not an opiate. You'd have to tell them you're using it for them to even be clued in as to what it is.

9. Herbsat40

Herbsat40 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from northern_mariana
    A few years back I took a drug test for a new employer and it didn't show up! Though if your about to take a Urinalysis, I wouldn't drink it that day, if you make a tea out of it! Because the test can show, to much liquid in your urine, which isn't failing , but it's best to not have this happen!

10. sipx

sipx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Absolutely not. A friend was on weekly twelve panel UAs on a weekly basis and passed each one with flying fractals. Stop worrying ;).