1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Health - Kratom and Weight loss

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by raek, Mar 19, 2012.

1. raek

raek Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Hi, I just joined this site, so am just figuring it out. Question time!

I have started to use kratom for anxiety problems and is currently using it every 2nd day. I am wondering if any of you peeps see potential for it to also help with weight loss? Sometimes when I do kratom she has appetite suppression to the point where she does not have to eat all day, so she is thinking maybe she can use this to her benefit, maybe fast intermittently (every 2nd day) or something ( love to lose 30-40 pounds...). Anybody have experience or knowledge about kratom and weight loss/appetite suppression?

I have not used kratom much enough to know if there is some kind of appetite rebound, either.

raek added 24 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Oh, how do you edit posts? When I spoke of rebound, I meant during withdrawals (that every 2nd day, or after periods of using days in a row)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. alanko007

alanko007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    SWIM can't say he has experienced any significant weight loss, though he is a big eater :p Some people lost a few pounds, it definitely does work as an appetite supressant. But I wouldn't recommend this as a primary weight loss tool :)

3. eatingleg4peanut

eatingleg4peanut Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think if abused like opiates, meaning you hardly ever eat so you feel it more, you would lose but that's trading a problem with many other solutions for a potentially much greater problem. I'm not saying losing weight is easy, I know very well how hard it is to lose weight naturally.

Short answer: Psychologically help yes, physically help IDK

4. opemonkey

opemonkey Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Wyoming, U.S.A.
    It is not recommended to stop eating. Infact it will probably make you gain all the weight back on again.

Instead You should eat a healthy meal every third hour or so. Drink plenty of water, and take a walk or jog every day. Take small steps at the time, cause if you don't its easy to lose motivation.

Hope you achive your goal. Good luck!

5. FreeBliss

FreeBliss Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Ive read kratom users in Thailand become thin and frail. This is most likely do to the addiction and i don't think its a good idea to use any substance for wight loss.

6. raek

raek Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Well, all I know is that as soon as I started using kratom, my appetite basically just completely disappeared. I find it hard to eat 1000 calories if I try. I'm able to water fast all day without realizing it, I don't crave sugar at all, but I do have an overwhelming urge to exercise like crazy as long as I keep kratom spaced 1-3 days apart. Even on the days off of kratom my appetite is almost completely gone. Healthy or not, who knows, not too concerned as my diet/the food I eat is extremely nutrient dense and I take a lot of nutritional supplements, alls I know is that finally! For the first time in at least 3 years, I'm gradually losing weight, and have only had one small food binge this whole last month.

raek added 3 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Oh, also, take some L-glutamine after your kratom dose, BAM! You will feel completely stuffed like you went out to a buffet and never want to eat again. No idea why! L-glutamine is an amino acid that people tend to lack, it suppresses appetite and sugar cravings as well as increasing natural growth hormone in your body to build bigger muscle after a workout, it's mainly known for it's appetite suppressing/sugar craving suppression and it's muscle building qualities.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  7. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As said up there, it could make weight gain instead.

There are effects kratom gives the average person, they seem to be the opposite on me. I am EXTREMELY hungry when I take kratom. I get hungry more for kratom than when I smoked MaryJ.

You can try it. If when you take it you feel extremely hungry you know it is a bad idea to lose weight.

Something someone might suggest to you, but please take this suggestion with great warning, is some people when taking kratom can indulge in things that cause them anxiety, i.e. caffeine and other energy/appetite suppressants. So if you get hungry on kratom, but can still take things to keep hunger at bay, it could be a win win situation, but if that is in any way a danger, I would say to NOT do it.

8. chillmanstr8

chillmanstr8 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have to say that it works EXTREMELY well for weight loss. I went from a chubby 225lbs with an unsightly belly all the way down to, at the most severe, 145lbs. I do NOT recommend this. Sure, I had the relaxation I desired, but because I'm a fool and a recovering alky, I found myself addicted in a very short period of time. Of course when I first discovered kratom, I would buy the super concentrated extract to maximize my pleasure. Sure enough, my decent salary couldn't keep pace with my growing addiction, and on days that I didn't have any, I would get very anxious, and if it was more than 24-30 hours after my last dose, nasty withdrawal occured. I've not done h and won't try to make the comparison to what hell that w/d must be. But if you're not accustomed to dealing with withdrawals, it was like super annoying torture. At first you just get uneasy, then the legs start to ache deep in your bones, and all you can do is toss and turn, maybe stretching your calves gives you 3-5 seconds of relief, then it's right back to tossing around.

Keep in mind I didn't start with regular or even powdered extracts; I only bought the strongest liquid xtract that I could find. This was stupid and cost me THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS over a two year period.

But even in this kind of dependence, there IS a decent way to come off with minimal discomfort. I was able to cut my $250/week habit by getting some standard powdered kratom along with some powdered extract when I didn't have any more $ (before I discovered this 'miracle,' I had over 5000 dollars in savings. Yes, I ended up spending ALL of it making sure I would not relapse to booze (rationalization is sneaky)). After a week drinking tea and taking small doses of extract, I can say that I'm not spending all my money on it anymore, but have managed to dose reasonably and keep myself in check. So if anyone is reached a point in their use where you can't keep up with the cravings, don't freak out like I did and think the world is ending. Order less potent stuff, it will take off that harsh w/d edge but not incapacitate you, and you will notice you will start reducing the dosage naturally.

It's great to have a libido; kratom took mine away for those two years, but I am eating regular meals again and haven't put on tons of weight. It's quite amazing how the libido and appetite come roaring back.

Beware of liquid extracts; don't underestimate their efficacy.

9. blacksparrow

blacksparrow Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I know krat helps keep me away from alcohol ... I had cut it down to twice a week (I will not do kratom more than that because it was becoming too much of a habit)... I have it instead of drinks, sometimes, and that way I don't take in the calories. I am not sure if it makes a HUGE difference but that's definitely a benefit

10. strange clouds5

strange clouds5 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I used to get suppressed appetite from kratom and still do sometimes . although sometimes kratom or any pain medicine can actually make me get the munchies very bad too . I love eating on kratom sometimes . and also there is times where I just dosed on kratom and I feel hungry but I eat something light like soup or yogurt or ice cream.

11. iguasu

iguasu Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from greece
    I use kratom before bedtime, so, when I read that you can have a full spectrum of it on empty stomach, I avoided eating at nights. That became a habbit day by day, and now I am in a good shape! I was a liitle overweithed, and now I'm back on my normal weight!
    I still feel hungry, especially about 2 to 3 pm, always wake up hungry, so I eat a good breakfast, but after 7 pm not a bite :)
    Thats a possitive effect of kratom to me.

12. renacer

renacer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah I just consumed 24 oz. of red vein tea and I don't imagine myself eating today.

I don't think I am losing weight though cause I tend to eat more on off days.

13. blacksparrow

blacksparrow Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I just did krat and I'm getting hungry... Lol.. which is not that uncommon.