1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - Kratom and work, is that possible?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by yuppers, Mar 11, 2011.

1. yuppers

yuppers Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    was wondering if any had tried using Kratom, and working at same time?
    Is that even possible?
    Anybody had that experience?

Cause friend has bad back aches, and always tired, could the energy and pain killing effects of Kratom make a killing at work?

2. yuppers

yuppers Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Hum?? lots of views, but no answer, does that mean that all my kitties out there don't work??

yuppers added 15 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

or its better not to work while doing Kratom?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  3. ozon

ozon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    I think I haven't heard anyone done that, but I don't see why it would not be possible.

4. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It is what my partner uses all the time when he is out working.

Kratom gives exceptional pain relief to his back and gives him great energy to stay motivated at his job.

My partner would recommend trying it outside of a work setting first to know how it will affect others. As it may sedate some cats and make others run marathons.

Try not to make it a crutch at work though because as with any good thing tolerance develops and cats will hardly notice its effects. Use in moderation.

Bali is the best in his opinion.

5. yuppers

yuppers Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Yes, this was my kitti's question, cause, pain relief and energy would be my kittys dream come true.

Thanks for your wise advice

6. GreyPaws

GreyPaws Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Certain strains of Kratom are considered more energetic than others. my dog Rex finds that using a strain like Maeng Da for instance gives him much more energy than using a strain like Bali. With that mentioned Rex wants to stress that the amounts of Kratom he needs to take in order to feel significant pain relief also tends to make him lethargic and detracts from his ability to concentrate at the tail end of the experience. Rex finds it much easier to concentrate and interact with others when he takes Kratom in smaller amounts, while not feeling much pain relief, the uplifted mood and slight boost of energy he experiences with small amounts of Kratom make it a worthwhile experience. As mentioned above Rex recommends trying different strains and amounts in a private comfortable setting before venturing out into the work place.

7. FenixDelta753

FenixDelta753 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A friend of mine who has recently used UEI before work can attest to the positive effects of Kratom with physical labor. My firend's dose was running strong for about half the shift as he took it well before, and then it wore off during the other half but it was not entirely unpleasant. Just noticeable that my friend was no longer on his Kratom 'high'. But during the 'high' my friend was going incredibly quickly and was very motivated and kept a very positive outlook on his work, which is very rare in a job like my friend has. All in all, my friend would love to use Kratom for work more, but due to the potency of UEI, he wants to be careful that he doesnt take too much and end up sedating himself in a world of warmth and opiate-like comfort. :vibes: My friend is also concerned about developing a tolerance too quickly due to the UEI use.

8. erin411

erin411 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.K.
    My pet moose can't do anything on kratom. He likes to dose high and go for the opiate feeling, and when he walks around or even just sits up for too long, he starts getting dizzy and nauseous. It feels great as long as he can just lie in bed and listen to music or play video games in a very chilled and half-arsed way.

9. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Monkey used to go to work every day on kratom. He had better than average days and did not find it problematic for the simple, repetitive white collar work.

10. Sovereignty

Sovereignty Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say that I take a few grams of kratom before his 5-hour shifts as a dishwasher and it makes the repetitive labor MUCH more tolerable. Again, there's a difference between a few grams and 8 grams, so the key is to know ur dose.

11. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Arkansas, U.S.A.
    It is very possible to work while on Kratom. It may not be recommended because you will be under the influence at work. Some strains of Kratom have different effects than others. Some will give you energy and help you focus a little bit, while some are sedating and leave you wanting to lay down and be lazy.

I recommend trying a Green Vein strain of kratom as it is more stimulating than some others. Red Vein is usually sedating and White vein will have a combination of both.

Look at these threads and decide what would be best for you.

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/197892

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/103917

12. AUblake85

AUblake85 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    I also have back problems and has a outdoor manual labor job. I use kratom to "wake up" in the morning and sometimes takes a dose after lunch to get him through the day. swim operates heavy machinery but has had no problems working while using kratom. I think it is a great herb that helps his pain and gives him extra energy while at work.

13. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Certain mugwumps worked on phones all day, after being fully trained and he felt comfortable with his job he spent every work day with a healthy belly full of kratom. He found it helped him stay friendly and pleasant and personable (along with some cannabis and coffee), so much so they asked the mugwump to teach classes on how to do it. Now the mugwump goes in front of groups of people to speak and instruct and has a total lack of all anxiety thanks to kratom.

Certain mugwumps would say it would really depend on the job being done and the individual mugwump's temperament

14. Dankfish

Dankfish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For the past half year or so I haven't gone to work once without taking kratom first.

I work costumer service at a liquor store and it is constantly busy. Kratom keeps me completely calm and collected and makes work more fun to boot. I have never had it hinder my performance in any way, but I guess I can also go to work still drunk from last night.

I'd say just give it a shot at a lower dose than usual, it's really quite the saver for me. But, once you begin taking it before work, you will never want to go to work without it and that builds the addiction level very fast, trust me.

15. profesor

profesor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    I only take kratom for work. In fact I find the OP's question bizarre. Why would anyone think that? Partly I limit myself to worktime to minimize addiction. If I used it recreationally and everyday at work, I'd certainly have problems. Stimulating Maeng Da is worth the extra price for my purposes. I am jealous of those who use the cheaper Bali (often people looking for opiate replacement or adjunct).

16. Gradient

Gradient Chem|EB|DMT

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The answer to this question is almost purely a function of the kind of performance a given job demands. If you're primarily involved in physical labor or interacting with people - it's not likely to detract from productivity dramatically. I've found that threshold recreational doses can take the edge off of monotonous tasks without inducing too much disoriented intoxication, though this does not hold true for higher doses.

However, I've found that kratom - regardless of strain - inhibits memory recall pretty significantly, and it becomes more severe with chronic use over time. Short term memory can be pretty significantly inhibited, akin to the effects of cannabis. So, I'd discourage the use of kratom by students before exams, for example - or before meetings with clients who may ask unpredictable questions.

17. seaturtle

seaturtle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Taking any drug to make the work day easier, whether it be Coffee, Cocaine, or Kratom, can be nice for the first few weeks or even months you do it, but eventually you end up having all the problems you used to have at work as it becomes less effective plus new ones from taking drugs at work everyday. The worst part is your brain will trick you into thinking you need the drug for work, resulting in a powerful psychological addiction and loss of choice.

If you decide to take Kratom for work just remember that it can't be a regular thing, but even if you keep that in mind it will probably get out of your control.

18. profesor

profesor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    Anyone might fault me for being in denial here, but...
    My (part-time) work sucks. If I could not do kratom I would certainly seriously consider quitting, it would be a nagging thought for my every day at work. I've been pretty good, dare I say very good, at maintaining a low dose and taking 2-4 days off kratom for every week. I've had a similar experience with Adderall, which I finally gave up voluntarily.
    I appreciate that seatturtle shares a very widely held opinion in the clinical/medical substance abuse treatment community.
    But the widely practiced experience of coffee drinking suggests that there are some addictions worth maintaining, the price and availability of the substance probably being the main consideration.
    My kratom habit is affordable, its helping me to suppress appetite and lose weight, and my worst health problem has been a bit of constipation- so I pay a few pennies more in an herbal remedy to treat that side effect.
    My personal view as far as lack of choice- I'm one of those people who doesn't really believe in free will, except maybe as a necessary legal concept for the courts. How much choice do we really have in believing in free will in the first place? If we could trace my genetics, upbringing and environment, it could seem inevitable that I'd turn to kratom use, and whether it ever gets "out of control," maybe that's inevitable, too. I calculate higher safety and the cost to be much less that alternative "work aids," so I'm sticking with it.

profesor added 40 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

PS- I have a pretty terrible memory anyways, and my work doesn't really require me to make much use of it. But I also haven't noticed any recall problems at work because of kratom. I do tend forget extra work I can do at the end of my shift, but I probably would have that happen off kratom too!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  19. theforsaken

theforsaken Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    my friend has used kratom for a year now and he works everyday while using it. There is no problems whatsoever for him this way and he finds that it allows him to be even more focused and productive throughout his days. : )

20. rawbeer

rawbeer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Everyone here has made some good points, but no one has mentioned that in its native areas of use in SE Asia kratom is chiefly used as a labor drug. To the mindset of such users asking if it would be a good work drug would be like asking a Western office worker if coffee would interfere with their job duties. To them, kratom and work are inseparable.

(This is actually an interesting parallel to the fact that Jamaican and Mexican laborers use cannabis as a way to get through a hard day's work whereas most white users see it as a way to relax after work. Although I know plenty of white folk who can't make it through a day's work without getting high either. Or how American Indians would take peyote before deer hunts. One man's tool is another man's toy...which I can't help giggling at...)