Kratom + Codeine.. It had to happen

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by pankreeas, Dec 7, 2006.

1. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o
    Swim raced home today from school anticipating arrival of his 24G package of kratom 15x standardized extract and was pleasantly surprised when USPS came through as planned (which most internet buyers realize is quite the rarity).
    Being swims second time with kratom he feels a low'ish dose is still wise.
    Report will be short and sweet this time.

3:00 P.M - 1.22 gr of extract was weighed out and placed into a glass. Coca cola was added and mix went down the hatch.

3:15 P.M - Firmiliar opiate buzz felt, "dang Kratom is some nice stuff" is all swim can keep thinking.

3:30 P.M - Approx ~100mg marijuana smoked and effects are pretty much peaking.. very very nice.

3:45 P.M - 200 mg of Codeine is prepared via cwe. Swim anticipates taking this as the Kratom is starting to level out a little bit.

4:00 P.M - 100mg more mary jane and a ciggy was consumed. All is good. Face very flush and warm, eyes very glossy, Mouth is quite dry, however the "opiate itchies" seem to be much less predominant this time around. I am now going to study. Codeine will be taken in roughly an hour. Will report back. .....

2. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Codeine is a common additive to kratom tea sold on the street in Malaysia / Indonesia. Makes sense since it is OTC there.

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    That amount of kratom 15X will not give much effect. It is normal to level out after 30 minutes if felt at all.

4. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o
    Ok Approx 3 hrs after ingestion of kratom 200 mg of codeine taken. Effects are just as swim expected. Virtually identical to the Kratom's effects. Furthermore the re-dose with Codeine is very nice as It does not just lengthen the lingering buzz of the Kratom as if swim were to re-dose with more kratom, but instead produces a whole new onset/peak that is very noticeable.

5. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o
    And btw Alfa this is the same batch of extract from from swims "kratom, it's whats for dinner post" which (not from personal experience, but rather from the reports he has seen which question the validity of 15x kratom extracts in general) seems to be a step up from previous batches. (either that or swim just has a super low tolerance). Swim's bulk purchase works out to roughly xx / dose @ 1G which definetly keeps this one within his student budget. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2006
  6. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Kratom, 1/2 tsp of 15x strength, works very nicely with hydrocodone also but I take both the kratom and hydrocodone at the same time. Small does of Kratom do not make swim sleepy but act like a stimulant and hydrocodone does not make swim sleepy but rather very alert. If I take too much Kratom, she gets very sleepy and it is probably best not to combine 2 CNS depressants anyway as it can slow breathing down dangerously if too much is taken. I find the Kratom's effects to last for several hours and prolong the effects of the hydrocodone. Swim keeps tolerance low for both Kratom and hydrocodone, taking the hydro only when necessary for flare-ups of herniated discs. I was glad to find out that Kratom makes pain meds more effective so she can take less.

7. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am just wondering if kratom, codeine, and promethazine is a dangerous combination.

8. Drobium

Drobium Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o from U.K.
    I had an allergic reaction to Co-codomol last year after taking some to ease restless leg symptoms whilst WD'ing from Kratom.
    I'd taken my last bit of Kratom that same night (around 4g) and took the Co-codomol when it had started to ware off anticipating RLS later that night.
    After around an hour, my pulse shot up and I was having chest pains to such am extent that I asked the missus to phone an ambulance.
    The chest pains went just as the ambulance arrived (typical!) and the medics had never heard of Kratom or any interactions that may happen with it.

I figured that the codeine in the co-codomol would ease any WD's from Kratom as they work on similar receptors in the brain, but looks like I was wrong lol :p

I'm not sure whether it's opiates that I'm allergic to, or the combination, but it's on my medical records as a possible allergy to opiate medicines.
    That will suck if I ever need pain relief later in life!