Combinations - Kratom Combinations Thread

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by seaturtle, Apr 29, 2012.

1. seaturtle

seaturtle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think the Kratom community on this board would benefit from a Kratom combinations thread. SWIU can post about the other substances that can be combined with Kratom, with info about the risk, the high, the hangover, etc.

I'm guessing the bulk of the useful data will come from you's past and future experiences. I will start with some combos of SWIM's own. I'll just have a few word summary of the experience, but if You wants to know more feel free to ask. I will also post more tomorrow, too kratomed out to keep typing for long.

***When combining substances take less of each than you would usually take, and take it slow. You can always take more but never less***

Kratom + Blue lotus (adds a trippy, blissful element)

Kratom + Cannabis (key to prevent nausea, adds greatly to the mind high)

Kratom + Lunesta (heavy sedation, some trippiness)

Kratom + Oxycodone (the high of the kratom triples for a bit, nothing beats real opiates, take a very small amount of oxy)

Kratom + Clonazepam (very sedating kratom high, take a VERY small amount of clonazepam (do not exceed 0.75 mg))

Kratom + Xanax/Valium (very sedating, once again keep it low)

Kratom + Adderall (awesome way to end the tweakiness, usually end up doing more work, taking adderall at the beginning would be silly but small amounts with Kratom might be fun, this combo always = sweat, never take too much kratom especially if still tweaked)

Kratom + Alcohol (a few beers can be a good time, but often ruins the best kratom effects, getting drunk would lead to puking, also you'll sweat)

Kratom + Cocaine (good for sleeping at the end like with adderall)

Note: I am not a crazy drug addict, just conducts experiments now and again. Over time, these experiments have accumulated into a manual. :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. eebill

eebill Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think most of the kratom community would like to separate itself and kratom from the "looking for whatever high we can find" crowd.

eebill added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

So we can try and keep kratom legal. Two states have banned it already.

3. seaturtle

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I understand that concern and figured it would come up, but I think it's beneficial to actually have some facts and reports of how the combos work than people doing things blindly. That's when dangerous things could happen.

There is info available in other threads on the forum for some combinations, but a thread that consolidates them all is lacking.

seaturtle added 10 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

I had not taken Kratom for roughly 5 days before this experiment.

I took about 11 grams of Kratom early in the evening, before doing some work and then socializing while smoking some cannabis. I was feeling pretty good later, but really wanted that strong Kratom'd feeling, so took 9 more grams and smoked a bowl of cannabis about an hour after that. SWIM then sublingually took 0.5 mg of clonazepam, and it brought the Kratom to the next level. Sleep was quite good last night, and I feel great this morning.

1. 3/5,
      I agree that combination advice is very beneficial to researchers.
      Apr 11, 2015
  4. Pocahontas

Pocahontas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o from Canada
    My buddy recently found out about Wild Dagga and was curious if anyone knew about mixing Kratom and Cannabis with Wild Dagga. My buddy found the Kratom/Cannabis effect to be quite euphoric, so he was interested in possibly adding in Wild Dagga to the mix. Does anyone know someone who has tried mixing the three together before?

5. dala

dala Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A guy on the bus told me he got a nod from codiene and good quality kratom, when he wouldnt get a nod from either alone.

6. seaturtle

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I got a great nod from roughly 2 mg of oxycodone after taking ~10 g of Kratom and not feeling that much, the one time I tried it. A little real opiates can go a long way towards enhancing a Kratom trip.

I have also mixed 5 mg of hydrocodone with about 10 g of Kratom and it was pretty good, but I remember it being hard to discern how much an effect the hydrocodone had since they were taken around the same time.

In other news, I have some california poppy and will try and mix that with Kratom tonight. It's been about 48 hours since the last time I took Kratom so this should be a pretty good experiment.

7. blight12

blight12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from South Africa
    I just hit some Kratom after 4 beers trying to feel better after a coke binge last night and im getting the best results from Kratom so far (4th attempt).

On the other hand ive taken Kratom, had 2 beers and felt like shit. Still trying to figure out the the differentiating factor...

blight12 added 3 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Being in an african country that mimics rhe US drug laws, but at least 2 years delay, im hoping i can enjoy Kratom for a while still. Thank Gawd.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  8. seaturtle

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find that Kratom is basically the best thing ever for an uppers come down/hangover, completely alleviates the depression and physical pain. I think most opiates have the same effect.

As for drinking on Kratom with no uppers comedown involved, that just leads to nausea in SWIM's experience if more than one beer is imbibed.

Kratom will probably remain legal in most of the U.S. for awhile (knock on wood), only a couple far right states have banned it. Banning a substance with no known deaths or even injuries is annoying and just proves that's not what the drug war is really about.

9. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think this thread can give a lot of valuable information. While the majority of people who use kratom do it for legit reasons such as anti-anxiety and pain management, having combination info on this site is very useful.

Having said that, I would like to point out that kratom can potentiate CNS depressant substances. Mixing kratom with opiates, alcohol, and benzodiazepines can be very dangerous. There was a member not to long ago that died after taking (that we know of) codeine, kratom, and alcohol.

Please do not mix kratom with CNS depressants, and if you MUST, please do so with extreme caution.

10. FuckInsurance

FuckInsurance Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    My dog Jeeves tried 15 grams of kratom maeng da and 2 grams of ativan, My dog was tripping. He told me(He speaks english when he uses) that it was the best kratom high he had ever experienced. He said at times it was too much and in the future if he does mix the two he will only try .5mg of ativan. Most likely he will never mix the two again. My dog Jeeves just likes the kratom al a carte.

FuckInsurance added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

I don't know how to edit post, but my dog Jeeves wanted to say he is an everyday user of kratom and 15 grams is a regular dose.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  11. jagas

jagas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    AFOAF takes kratom daily (7-10g) a day. This is when he is working and needs to function.He is kind of OK with this mild addiction.

Being the weekend, today he had about 15g of Kratom, 10mg valium and 1mg of xanax, seperated by an hour. It was a little too much. The 'higher than average' dose of Kratom and 10mg of Valium was very nice, however.

It all went wrong after the xanax. Sort of sea-sickness and vomiting. Massive nod but not a pleasant one. Thankfully its now levelled out, hopefully due to vomiting that xannie back up.

Next time he will leave out the xanax( which doesnt particularrly agree with this friend at the best of times) .

So yea, start low, and dont push it. I was most definately a fool.

Hope this helps.

12. seaturtle

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My lab turtle undertook another combination tonight, Kratom + poppy seed tea. First my turtle ingested 11 g of Kratom, and then enjoyed that for roughly 4-5 hours before ingesting a cup of tea made with 6-7 ounces of poppy seeds. The poppy seed tea (which should contain Morphine, Codeine, and other opiates) seemed to have an effect relatively quickly, within 20 minutes (maybe placebo), but there's been a gradual and unmistakable comeup since then up until this point about 100 minutes later. A remarkably mellow come up, less choppy than my turtle's beloved Kratom even, and my turtle feels very warm with the opiate tingles/pressure all over. Lots of itchiness too but my turtle never minded that much.

13. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    A strong cup of poppy seed tea would over power the kratom surly?
    The other problem is that its impossible to measure the amount of alkaloids in the seed tea so there is the potential for getting into trouble should you get a batch that is heavily saturated. Should anything go wrong with combinations that include kratom you can be sure that the media will be all over it and kratom will be one step closer to being banned where you live.

14. seaturtle

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    These are important points and my lab turtle did not forget to be cautious. The potency of the seeds was ascertained in a previous experiment, and many hours were left between taking the Kratom and taking the poppy. No reason to take them at the same time, probably would get sick if not worse!

It seems like the Kratom and poppy seeds potentiated each other more than anything... and extended the opiated feeling from the Kratom dose nicely and also brought it to the best level of the evening.

15. ikcaj

ikcaj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My dog takes several prescription meds for chronic pain and wants to try Kratom for its analgesic effects. He got what is purportedly Maeng Da kratom in 600mg capsules. It's important to note that he really can't state with any certainty if he actually got kratom as this is the first time he's ever tried it.

He is very sensitive to medication and wants to be sure he doesn't do anything really stupid (though he admits this method was probably a bit stupid to begin with but he didn't know any other way to try it).

He is a very smart dog and has read ALL of the main threads regarding types, doses, affects, etc. but he is still confused though about how this might react with his prescription opiate use. He takes 5mg oxycodone every two or three hours for a total of 30-40mg per day. At night he takes 2mg clonazapam and 20-30mg Flexaril. He doesn't drink alcohol and rarely notices any mental effects of his medications other than not being in excruciating pain.

His opiate intake is dictated by pain and his internal alarm clock that rings pretty much dead-on every two hours when he is active. He is thinking that if the kratom works, his alarm clock should ring less often...but when it does ring, how will he know if he should take another kratom capsule or a pain pill? Just trial and error? His main concern is taking an opiate medication too soon after using kratom.

16. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    Im not sure what you are trying to do. Do you want to cut down or stop using opiates by substituting them with kratom?
    What is this alarm clock? Is this when you find you medication stops working and you have to re-dose?

There will be cross tolerance, so you might need to take substantially more kratom than someone with no tolerance, and work your way up untill you find what works best.
    It might be worth abstaining from your usual medication and starting with 5 grams of kratom, on an empty stomach, and see if it helps with the pain at all. If it does nothing then you can take your medication (at the next dose time if you are uncomfortable taking your meds on top of the kratom) and maybe leave a few days before trying it again with a larger dose.

Why did you go for Maeng Da? Ive never heard it being rated as a great strain for pain killing.

17. ikcaj

ikcaj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for replying. The dog (if that's necessary) decided to try the Maeng Da for the reported energetic effects as the rx med makes him rather unmotivated and the pain never completely goes away. He pretty much just sits around all day thinking of the things he needs to be doing but never getting around to actually doing them. Or, if he does, he get's about 10 minutes into a project before the pain makes him have to stop.

He's happy to report that he must have received legitimate product as he feels a nice lightness and complete lack of pain for about an hour or so after taking two capsules at 600mg each, taken two hours after his regular dose of medication. He's a bit more peppy and got a few tasks done. He's going to do some more research on cross tolerance before continuing.

18. PolySub

PolySub Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.
    I would like to add that kratom + kava is a really nice combination. The anxiolytic effects are synergistic, with increased sedation, and sometimes increased euphoria as well. i use the kratom first, then i drink a serving of kava later, usually after the peak or sometime during the kratom plateau.

19. brittneyj

brittneyj Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from U.S.A.
    Matilda thinks it is best used alone.

20. seaturtle

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think the same thing lately, aside from rare instances I use Kratom alone, except Cannabis. Funny to look back at old posts like this (this topic was made 4 months ago) and see how SWIM's behavior has changed. SWIM no longer does any prescription medication like mentioned in the original post, who needs it when you have herbs. I didn't have a problem since there was never enough of that stuff around, but it's probably not good to dabble with the synthetic drugs at all.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
Tags: