1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Dose - Kratom dose for mild effects?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by kcha95, Mar 18, 2014.

1. kcha95

kcha95 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was just wondering what a good low dose of Kratom would be for low effects? I'm thinking of starting with 4g. I have anxiety so I don't want the feeling to be overbearing. Is 4g to low? Should I try more? What should I expect? Will I most likely get anxious?

I have read about the forums but was looking for more personal experiences with low doses.

I would also like to check the legitimacy of the brand. Am I allowed to discuss the brand name here or does that count as source discussion? Regardless, I've heard it's a quite popular brand.

Also, any particular information on the "Premium Bali Blend" strain?

2. Ellisdeee

Ellisdeee Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If it is not an extract, assume it is of decent quality and try maybe 2 - 4 grams.

I may know what you are talking about, as I have seen a popular brand labeled that exact phrase given in a context that would call for this question. But, that is a shot in the dark, I'd wager you mean the brand Eden's Ethnos. You can mention brands, just not sources. If I am wrong, correct me though. I'm just taking a humble guess.

Regardless of brand, just start low. You can always build up. 4g is not too low of a starting dose. If that sounds good to you, I would say go for it. It's not a red flag dose or anything for non-extract preparations. For most, even new users, I think that would be considered low end.

As for the rest of your questions, I don't think people can answers those. But if they are questions, that is a good reason to take a low dose. When I was trying to kick a horrible habit and had some unwanted tolerance, I was able to get something out of as low as 7g (mostly just like waking up on a bright day and having a perfect cup of coffee type of feel). So 2 - 4g should be fine for a starter amount. Don't over think it. You aren't taking a massive or unsafe dose. Try whatever low end dose your gut feels okay with, and just relax the day as you normally would. Maybe try to avoid needing to do things like errands or driving - just because you don't know how it will effect you (could be allergic for all you know). Not to say those things are not doable, I don't find low doses of it to be at all 'intoxicating'. As I said, more a sobering/euphoric mood lift. You start losing the sobering/bright effect when you head into the higher doses. I hope my adjectives are sufficient here, I may not be choosing the best ones >.<.

It is relatively safe, you are taking fine doses that shouldn't intoxicate you heavily, but certainly work a bit. Outside of anomalies you will probably be fine. Just observe and ride it out, see how it treats you. That is the nutshell here I think. If after 2 hours you aren't satisfied, you can try a redose, or you can just wait till the next day and try to take more etc. No rush if you are able to obtain reasonable amounts in the grand scheme.

3. kcha95

kcha95 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the good advice.

I'm going to start with 1g and work my way up to 4gs, stopping if desired effects are reached.

Do you know how SSRIs (specifically Prozac) will interact with Kratom?

4. Ellisdeee

Ellisdeee Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I do not know that one in specific but I have taken related meds while taking Kratom.

I've used Kratom with Trazodone and Lexapro without issue. To be oddly frank, my experience with Kratom was far better when I was taking those two meds than my experiences when I stopped. Whether I gave myself a tolerance break, or whether I tried various dose levels. I can't put a finger on it. My Kratom experiences were just noticeably worse and had more side effects when I was finally off anti depressants of all types. Maybe it's a weird effect. I cannot speak at all for Prozac in particular.

I noticed some things mentioned to not take Kratom if you are taking SSRI's, but I did a lot of researching and truly couldn't find anybody with a negative report attributing their anti-depressant to the bad Kratom experience. Usually it isn't hard to find at least someone with a negative report blaming something for it. So I still stick with what I say, but that is another good reason to start low. ;) Just be sure it works okay with you.

5. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Ive found the same to be true.
    I think for me the SSRI takes some of the anxiety i tend to get away when i over do it.

I have not found anyone to have any issue of combining the two, but thats not to say it wont cause problems for someone else.

I have noticed that sometimes when i quit kratom that after a few days i get 'brain zaps' which are usually a withdrawal effect after stopping an SSRI, although less intense and not for longer than a day or two.

6. Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    "Premium Bali" is not a brand name - it is just a general term for Bali, which is a common type of kratom and one of the most popular.

1 grams is probably too low - I doubt you will notice anything from it.

I would start at 2.5 - 3 grams on an empty stomach. That is still a low dose, but enough that you should feel something from it. I am anxiety-prone, and I have only experienced anxiety with certain strains and only at high doses.