1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Kratom Extract Vs. Straight Up kratom

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Mainio, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Mainio

Mainio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Apr 9, 2005
    I am thinking of giving Kratom at try but not sure if I should get the extract 95% or just the regular stuff.
    I am also wondering this for many ethno botanicals in general (kava kava, passion flower, blue lotus). The list goes on and on but the question remains. Get the standard herb so you get the whole effects of what the plant can do. Or is better to take the alkaloids which are responsible for what the plant does? This question mainly applies to Kratom 95% since I’m looking forward to giving it a try. Also what about the kava kava 75-85% extracts how do they size up versus the regular powder form?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
  2. panchovilla

panchovilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 27, 2004
    from U.S.A.
    For kratom the best by far is the Premium Super Strength Instant powder. For kava it is probably best to get some sort of extract, but not capsules.