1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Side effects - Kratom extracts and nausea

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Big Thier, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Big Thier

Big Thier Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    What's up y'all, this is my first post. I was wondering if the nausea you get from kratom comes from the plant matter, or the active chemicals. A friend of mine has used kratom on a few occasions, and found that to obtain a pleasurable effect, it would inevitably make him nauseous to the point of throwing up. It's a shame because my friend was looking for a herbal alternative to alcohol. What he was looking for was mainly anxiolytic and euphoric effects. So after staying off kratom for months, he's started wondering if kratom extracts would cause nausea as well. Thoughts?

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    It usually comes from taking too much.
    Some people are more susceptible to it than others, ive never really had a problem with nausea.
    You can get it from extracts or enhanced products just like plain leaf.

What doses do you use and what strain?

3. Big Thier

Big Thier Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I've used bali kratom and a few other strains but everytime, to get the desired effect, I would become sick shortly afterwards. That's the only thing stopping me from using it really.

4. SuperCaesarKratomSalad

SuperCaesarKratomSalad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ld say that you don't vibe with that piticular strain very well. I know in my experience there is one vendors Green Malay that always gives me a headache and pressure pulsing in my head so I stay away from that one. His other stuff is great though. Weird. Yeah so try other strains and or vendors.

5. D0pe

D0pe Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have seen many first timers ""Newbies" Get nausea from drinking kratom tea... I did not mess with the extracts very much when i was doing the stuff on a daily basis. Its just was not worth it.. Your cash is better spent on some quality kratom leaf.. I always ordered in bulk "red vein boreno" Spellig ? .... Anyways yea nausea is very common.

I have seen people start kratom and be a full blown junky also... I have also seen junkies use it for maintenance and do pretty good without using pills. But its different for each person....

For me i would not say Kratom would be a good daily alternative to Alcohol... That is my opinion anyways.. Withdrawal off of Kratom was pretty rough for me. I remember it being long and stretched out, And i was drinking the stuff every day all day for a year straight.

And for us, You were not feeling good unless you had a good puke.. Source: The Junky Bible

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  6. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    I would suggest you try some different strains, or a different vendor.
    Ginger can help with nausea, i make tea.
    Lower your dose and see if it helps.
    Try different methods of ingestion.
    Experiment. We are all different.

7. Ellisdeee

Ellisdeee Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is my biased solution because I am a pothead anyway, but pot is used medically for nausea and I've seen it ease stomachs of friends who get a little nauseated on Kratom. But I actually have a personal rule where I don't take Kratom (or any opiate) if I am not able to use any Marijuana. I have always found the easiest drawback is associated nausea that can happen.

A small toke for me is the difference sometimes between feeling great and like shit. You can get less nausea effects from MJ without getting yourself blasted on it if you don't want to be that 'stoned'. Although they do mix well together, in my opinion. I not only feel like Kratom/opiates being mixed with MJ is wonderful, but in my case I always found it a necessary measure to ensure a good physical feeling and experience as little nausea as possible if it is going to occur. I do not know if you can use MJ, have access to it or what, but in the case that it is an option - if a more extreme high (combination of MJ and Kratom) is not what you are looking for, don't discard the potential for a very minor intake of MJ to have a significant impact on feeling nauseated. As I said, with Kratom and Opiates, MJ has always been regarded by me as a safety net of sorts. I feel if I don't have it then I am taking a risk that I might become nauseated and not have an effective way to reduce it.

2c