1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Effects - Kratom Extracts vs powder?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by enianen, Jul 30, 2009.

1. enianen

enianen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    extracts vs powder? which is more cost effective. I saw a extract advertising to give me 30x the powder. Does this mean that it possible to get the same effects with 1 gram of extract that i was getting with 30 grams of powder? i feel like i have been missing out. If i am being fooled someone please tell me.:eek:

2. Groovie

Groovie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from france
    Re: Extracts vs powder?

Hi mate,

SWIM purchase kratom in USA too, the powders basic/premium are cheaper than extracts but it still to be a good solution to eat the kratom easier.

If they don't lie, it's a powerful extract. ;)

Before take a command, read the feedbacks on the INTERNET.

- GROOVIE

3. enianen

enianen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.

thank you man! :)

4. Groovie

Groovie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from france

There is another reason of the using of kratom extracts :
    when You ingest a large quantity of bad or medium kratom to get a heavy reacrational use, You can feel a body load.

It means a relatively minor, negative and physical effect very famous
    with this product : nausea.

With extracts You can go beyond his limits or hunt his favorite sensations longer but he has take care about addiction.

Kind regards

- GROOVIE

5. demon_candy

demon_candy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Demon has seen powdered extract and resin tar extract, but they seem to be on the expensive side and you get less. Demon imagines that consuming the extract is probably easier in powdered form than in the Toss & Wash method with dried leaf, though she wonders if smoking the Kratom resin is possible and still produces effects.

6. Herbal Healer 019

Herbal Healer 019 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from france

In my opinion the extracts are way more cost effective & feel alot more like pharmaceutical opioids such as: oxycodone or hydrocodone; feeling more like the latter.

In addition, SWIM prefers extracts because every powdered form of premium or super kratom has never hit him as hard as extracts have & take massive amounts (12-20 grams) to feel anything remotely like a +-10mg hydrocodone like high.

I think extracts are will what will eventually lead to the illegalization of kratom once they gain more popularity in different countries (most likely America). If the media starts throwing out propaganda bullshit like they did with salvia, because of loud mouths and dumbasses video taping their recreational use of salvia on Youtube, kratom will most likely start to become illegalized state by state (As has been seen with Salvia in the states) or straight to the federal level.

7. demon_candy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Hmm, that's interesting. Does You take the extracts in pills or via parachuting? I was thinking about buying some Kratom Extract/Leaf to try with her friends but doesn't really fancy the idea of consuming a lot of dried substance, and 12-20 grams seems like a lot to eat.

8. Toela65

Toela65 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I am new to this and was wondering what is the difference between 'extract' and 'powder'?

Sorry if that is a really lame newbie question!!

9. enianen

enianen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.

As i understand it, the powder is just the kratom leaf ground up into a powder, while the extract is all the important alkaloids extracted from it, so that you have to take less of the substance to get the effects.

10. testodan

testodan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

For SWIM and other cats here leaf powder is the way to go, although I had some good experiences with pie.

11. demon_candy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I agree that it seems like powder would be a more pleasant way of consuming the stuff. Recently, she ordered 1 ounce of Maeng Da Thai Kratom, and 3g of UEI Kratom (both which cost about the same, lol), and is looking forward to her first Kratom experience. She is pretty sure that both are in powder form.

@testodan: I am curious, by pie, do you mean resin pies? She has been wanted to order some Kratom Resin extract, and was wondering if it is something you consume orally or smoke?

SWIM tends to enjoy smoking things as she feels it makes for a good social experience with others who enjoy smoking as well, and has been looking for a good legal herb to smoke, whether by leaf or resin form.

12. Frond

Frond Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Extracts are never as effective as they claim to be. 15x is not 15x stronger than regular leaf, and 3g of 15x is equivalent to at most 10g of regular leaf, and often a lot less than 10g of the more potent varieties of leaf. Also extracts do not have the full spectrum of alkaloids present in the leaf. There is a "full-spectrum" extract out there but Sir Tokesalot found this to be a massive waste of money since it's very expensive and not any more potent than 15x, though qualitatively its effects are nicer.

The best extract he ever found was a non-standardized cheap resin extract. It was the best not because it was potent but because it was cheap enough that the price/performance ratio was similar to regular leaf. It was effective in the 5-6g range, and the effects were very nice, but not quite the same as the regular leaf. It also tasted absolutely vile, far worse than regular Kratom tea.

Extracts are easier to consume. Depending on the extract, all one needs to do is either infuse it with hot water i.e. make tea, gelcap it and swallow, drown in some OJ or yogurt; there really are tons of ways to take an extract and it doesn't take a brilliant mind to figure out a few. But some extracts needed to be boiled down in the same way that regular leaf is - i.e. boil for 15 minutes, strain, boil for 15 minutes again in a new batch of water, then combine both batches and if it's too much to drink, boil down again. Messy and fussy way to consume an extract but it was the only way to get an effect out of some batches of 15x that the Good Knight has come across.

Extracts will drive your knights' tolerance sky high. They will also bring about physical addiction and dependence more quickly. The Good Knight found this out the hard way, however he is strong-willed enough and has been though enough pain (he's a knight after all!) in his life that the withdrawal effects don't really bother him.

In general, if your knights get a good effect from plain old-fashioned Bali, then they should stick with that, unless they don't have the time to prepare it. Higher-tier strains like Super/Ultra Enhanced Indo or Maeng Da do have different effects but then they start to lose out on price/performance ratio. Unfortunately there is one batch/strain of Maeng Da that is head and shoulders above the rest, and it is what the Good Knight prefers, but man is it expensive! It's at least 4x the price of regular leaf, but qualitatively its effects are nicer than just about any synthetic pharmaceutical opiate he's ever used.

Oh, and a tip: a little bit of Kanna (Sceletium tortuosum) together with Kratom can go a long way towards increasing the euphoria. A long, long way. But it should only be a pinch, no more than 200mg or so, and usually less! Too much Kanna will remove the euphoria entirely and make your knights into sedated emotionless zombies for a few hours. Mesembrine, the primary alkaloid active in Kanna is speculated to be an SSRI and PDE4 inhibitor and its effects certainly feel that way.

13. testodan

testodan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

SWIT means kratom resin pie and enjoyed smoking it, though was in his first experiences and is intended for oral consumption.He enjoys too, smoking things.:D

14. demon_candy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

@Frond: I find the Good Knight's information quite informative! It seems as though extracts are somewhat to costly for the amount that you get. SWIM's been curious about Kanna for awhile as well, and is very interested to find out that it makes for a good experience when mixed with Kratom. SWIM may have to invest in some to go with her first Kratom adventure. She is considering at this point doing the tea method that the Good Knight described with her powdered leaf when it arrives. She thinks it may be the best way to get the most out of her Kratom experience.

After much research, I had decided on Maeng Da and UEI Kratom as it seems to be a favorite among users. She would like to try other kinds as well, but was slightly deterred at the stomach effects they had. Although SWIM assumes that consuming too much of anything would result in a bad stomach experience, lol.

I am quite curious about this really good, albeit expensive, strain of Maeng Da that the Good Knight is talking about, and wonders if he might be interested in divulging more information about it to her? ;)

@testodan: SWIM wonders if You experienced some effects from smoking the resin? She feels that smoking stuff can be very therapeutic in a way, and quite relaxing. I have even smoked dried catnip before (from the pet store), and although it had no effects, it was still quite enjoyable to some extent and filled the house with a smell that drove her cats crazy. XD

15. testodan

testodan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Yeah he did,but had absolutely zero tolerance,imagine 1st opioid experience, felt pure euphoria with a good feeling of nodding,not like the drained sleepy one on poppy tea.
    Kanna IS for smoking..The tiger prefers smoking than snorting on most of the psychactives..

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  16. Frond

Frond Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Divulging sources is against forum rules. But google is your friend; do some detective work and you'll find this stuff out soon enough.

Unfortunately not all Maeng Da is created equal and a lot of the other types of Maeng Da the Good Sir has tried haven't been worth it.

Experimentation will be the key to this. Everyone reacts differently to this stuff and it will take some trial and error to see what works and what doesn't. It would be wise to try many different types in small quantities, and have some Dramamine handy for nausea.

Kanna is a subtle thing, not a high at all, but it does have a mood-elevating and anxiolytic effect, and in small dosages it can increase the euphoria of a Kratom experience. It combines very well with a lot of things. The Good Knight has been using it recently to control mood swings and it seems to work well, though of course placebo is also a very real thing.

17. MatthewJ

MatthewJ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

With Premium powder you are looking at 25-30g for a decent feeling. That’s an awful lot (40-50) capsules to swallow and drinking will be just as great a chore.

Whilst the extracts are certainly not as strong as the vendors make them out to be, with UEI you would need 2g for the same effect, one if you’re talking about the ultra strong Krypton. There is also less nausea with these enhanced strains. You are ultimately getting what you pay for and if you have the money it’s a no brainier. However, as previously mentioned this is a substance with addiction potential.

18. Groovie

Groovie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from france

Yo

I take only 12g of premium to feel like UEI 1.5g,
    there is a lot of sources !

See u

19. enianen

enianen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.

Well, this is not the case with SWIM's vendor. I take about 10 pills, which is about 6 or 7 grams i believe. and I use premium bali kratom. But all vendors are different

20. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Actually in my large experience with Kratom he must say that for cost effectiveness one needs to find a good source for premium powdered leaf. SWIM can get a nice 100g bag that will last much longer than the equivelent in price extracts. Also by using extracts one tends to increase tolerance quickly thus having to increase dose...this can get out of control.
    But for one offs or occasional use SWIM always says to use UEI (Ultra Enhanced Indo)
    This is good for getting effects and takes very little experimentation o get right.
    Using premium powder can be hit and miss for a lot of people but once one finds the right strain and dose then its premium powder all the way !!