Kratom First Time Dosage

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by .rar, Jul 28, 2005.

1. .rar

.rar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have searched the forum and haven't found any clear answers. I weigh 145 pounds and I have super instant powder (300mg/25g). I plan to use gelcaps and I am wondering what would be a good first time dose? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 2-5 grams, maybe I'm wrong?

2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    You are correct... 2-5 grams should be about right. I'd aim for the lower end of that, until you know how you react to it. You can always "boost" after about an hour if you aren't feeling it enough.Edited by: Nicaine

3. .rar

.rar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alright, thanks, I'll be sure to tell you how it goes, not sure if I'm doing it tonight or tomorrow.

4. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I would recommend a 5 gram dose to start with. This is roughly 1 tablespoon. At this dose, you will probably feel the full effects with little nausea, but increasing the amount will probably make the experience uncomfortable. The key is to get the strogest buzz while keeping the nausea down, and this seems to be the ideal dose for most newbies. Also, setting is extremely important. For the first time, I would recommend taking it during the night in a place you can lay down.

5. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've only gotten nausea once with kratom, and that was in close
    cunjunction with steak stir-fried in a heavy sauce [​IMG]. Perhaps it's
    because I take fairly low doses (~7g regular/premium leaf), or because I
    always make tea?Edited by: radiometer

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I can only dream about the time(s) I've gotten nausea... can hardly even get a mild buzz anymore, even at high doses. I've got to take an extended break, it's becoming pointless. [​IMG]

Somebody mentioned Kratom having a sort of ceiling effect (beyond which you get very little more), and I agree. Unfortunately, the ceiling lowers a lot when you build a tolerance. But luckily, the only physical withdrawal symptom I've gotten (at least so far) is diarrhea. It seems much less physically addictive than opiates, despite the tolerance.

Anyway, gotta pick up some "super" powder early next month, the 170mg/300g stuff has become too weak for me at this point.Edited by: Nicaine

7. .rar

.rar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yea, I did 2.5 grams last night, and I really didn't feel anything, but I had a long day at worlds of fun and I was tired, so I just went to sleep a few hours after taking it.

8. johnson9

johnson9 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hi,

i will be receiving 5 grams of kratom resin extract in a couple of days...

i have never tried kratom, and have not tried many drugs in general...

how much of the resin extract should i consume and how for my first go.

response much appreciated.

9. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    One or two grams.

Kratom is really pretty safe stuff. It would be theoretically possibly to O.D. on stuff containing a high percentage of 7-hydroxy-mitragynine, given its potency. It's probably happened before, but someone who died wouldn't be around to talk about it, so an O.D. death would be listed as "respiratory depression, unknown cause."

Just respect the stuff the same way you would an opiate like Percocets or Vicodin (or any drug that depresses breathing like valium, klonopin, or anything else).Edited by: Nicaine

10. .rar

.rar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I just consumed 5 grams of the super powder using gatorade, [​IMG]it really doesn't taste terrible its just the texture that kills me, I gaged a few times. Next time I think i'm gonna put it in capsules, but I just didn't feel like taking the time to do so this time. I'll tell you all how it goes.

11. .rar

.rar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well it's been about 1 hour and I feel decently good. I'm wondering how long would be too long to redose and how much should I take to redose. Or "boost" as you would call it.

12. johnson9

johnson9 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i will be receiving 5 grams of kratom resin extract in a couple of
    days. What i'm asking is if i should just break off a gram or
    whatever off of the resin paste and just eat it? maybe two
    grams? what's the deal?

13. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Hard to say with the resins, not knowing how it was made or what kind of kratom was used. Dosing on this stuff (even straight-up kratom) can be pretty hit & miss, which is why I usually recommend people be conservative the first time.Edited by: Nicaine

14. .rar

.rar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, I tried some more Kratom this time it was about 8 grams of super powder using yogurt, which worked out excellent. Here's how it went.

T + 0:00- finished taking 7-8 grams of kratom closer to 8 maybe more
    T + 0:25- starting to feel effects, feel kinda tired, but good
    T + 0:33- feeling real good
    T + 1:30- feeling sick
    Laid down took a nap feeling a lot better at T + 2:04
    T + 2:34- still feeling a bit messed up, pretty relaxed, but not really all that high, actually, im still pretty messed up, just realized it when i stood up and walked around, i have lost some balance
    A little while later I still feel sick, lay down, feel good relaxed, get back up atT + 3:24
    Icould still feel the effects when i went to bed at T + 6:50

It was a good experience, I felt happy and it was a nice buzz where you just want to sit back and relax.

15. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I have found that when I eat kratom, it tends to last longer, but can easily make me sick. Last night I ate 10 grams and ended up puking by the end of the night hehe. Definately not something for when you want to go out.

16. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    pardon me for not searching but on the topic of dosage swims got 10 grams of leaf laying around....is that enough for a good dose or no?

17. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    That is enough if you have commercial kratom. But with high quality kratom, this may be a bit much, as 5 -6 grams should do then. Since Kratom tea comes on pretty quickly, I suggest starting with 5 grams and upping the dosage from there if needed.