kratom for suboxone withdrawal?

Discussion in 'Other drug addiction' started by mdraino, Apr 7, 2014.

1. mdraino

mdraino Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    I read somewhere from someone on this site saying kratom is good to help ease and deal with the withdrawal of suboxone? Can someone tell me the best kind of kratom to get in the large enough amount i would need to help get all the way through my withdrawals (with also not getting hooked on kratom please)

I made a post in another forum about my problem.. heres link. (sorry I hadnt realized I dont have to say SWIM anymore)
    https://drugs-forum.com/threads/241833

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Most people using kratom to help with withdrawals or to switch to instead of opiates find that Red Veined Bali/Borneo works best.

You could always read the guide to buying kratom at the top of the kratom forum and then when you find a vendor that sounds goo buy a sample pack of their different strains and see what works best for you. :)

3. mdraino

mdraino Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    If you had to guess.. how much would you say I would need to get through 10-21 days of withdrawal..? (I have no idea how long suboxone withdrawal last)

4. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Its impossible to tell i'm afraid.
    You should start with 5 grams on an empty stomach when the withdrawals kick in and see how that helps. You might need more, or less and you might need to take it a few times a day.

The best idea is probably to take a day or two to figure out how little you can take to help with the withdrawals without getting you high and from there calculate how much you might need.

Get yourself a couple of ounces to use just to experiment with and then you should have some idea how much will tide you over. Make sure not to over do it and once you have stayed off the Suboxone for maybe a week using only kratom and only the smallest dose possible you can start to taper off the kratom too.

Find a good vendor close to you so that you can order more and not have to wait too long for a delivery.

5. Kzmcblu

Kzmcblu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Well, it can help but dont expect to much, bc you have a high tolerance from bupe ;)
    Did you taper off subutex or abrupt disconuitation of a high dose ?
    If you can, visit a doctor and get some sleeping pills or benzos prescribed (or even some opiates if you was on a high dose)
    I took mirtazapine for sleeping and valium under medical supervision!

But the subutex withdrawal isnt that bad, dont be scared!
    I posted a thread before an hour about my subutex detox:
    https://drugs-forum.com/threads/241905

Was 7 years on bupe :)

6. mdraino

mdraino Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    Well, I've ordered 200grams of some premium red veined bali (if this isnt enough then I will be suprised). Should be here within a few days.. I'll let you know how things go.

7. Mark128

Mark128 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Kratom did wonders for both times i detoexed from bupe but Im sure I developed a dependance on kratom fairly quick. Def start with 5 grams. Maeng Da worked best for me.

Mark128 added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

My apologies. The first time I detoxed off sub I may have developed a kratom addiction in a matter of days. This time around I used it the first few days and then again once a week later. Im
    Ok now off bupe since last tues

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  8. mdraino

mdraino Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    Mark how high was your tolerance when you stopped both times? And how much kratom did you need

9. Mark128

Mark128 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey. My sub dose was crap. One g strip lasted me a week. I ended up on kratom for 5 days maybe 15g a day and stopped Sunday night. Today is Friday evening est and I am still in withdrawals. Dont use it for more than 2 days stuff is no joke. Waking up in pools of sweat anxiety depression way diff and more intense than low dose sub taper. Restless leg. Ive been off subs for 2 1/2 weeks and this is def from the kratom. Guys theres no ez way out just prolonging the inevitable or making it worse. Kratom withdrawal is ez to get to after a short period of use. On a good note, this is the longest off any opiate partial or full agonost Ive been in over 2 years and never again will i do this. No effin way!!!

Mark128 added 0 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

That was supposed to say one 2mg strip lasted me a week

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014