Experiences - Kratom Lowered Heart Rate Dramatically!

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by ericmst18, Nov 1, 2013.

1. ericmst18

ericmst18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It was a couple days ago that i took two half table spoons of Bail, after my two doses about a hour apart. I soon checked my heart rate and it was a bit more difficult to find my pulse on my arm. So i used a accurate machine to do the work for me, usually my heart rate is around 65-70 Beats Per Minute, but when on Kratom my heart rate was in the 40s! This scared me and suddenly started to panic which brought my heart rate up to 110 BPM, but again with this i still felt my pulse in my arm/wrist was slow. Eventually i got my self together because I've taken kratom many times before just never checked my pulse, the effects wore off later and my pulse was easier to find and was back up to my normal BPM.

I felt my self become slow, although i didn't act on top of this effect, i felt as if my speech and how i talked became like if i was taking slow motion.

The pain in my back that i was having at the time was still there, but was less painful, i noticed too.

Is this the effect of kratom too?

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    So far kratom has Numbed your whole arm https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1368342#post1368342 and now it has lowered your heart rate dramatically.

Would you not consider not using kratom if this is the effect it is having on you?

No, these are not typical effects of kratom.
    What type of kratom are you using?
    How much are you taking? (you need to weigh it)
    Did you buy it from a reputable kratom vendor or a headshop/legal high site (dont mention names)

You are 18 according to another post, i suggest you go and get a full check up by your doctor to make sure there are no problems (presuming you have not done so already) Perhaps you have some physical/psychological issues that drugs are making worse.

3. ericmst18

ericmst18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i thought it numbed my arm last time but it was just that i didn't noticed i gained muscle on that arm from the gym. So i thought i was in danger because my arm felt more stiff but it was muscle gain that made it more thick.

But yes kratom lowerd my heart rate just like a normal opoid would, this is weird. it seems to be just like a opiod in effects, with nothing different . yes i bought it from a well known vender,

4. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Please answer all my questions to save me asking them again.

How much did you take? A tea spoon is not a weight, do you not have a digital scale?

What type of kratom did you take? Is it plain leaf, an extract, enhanced kratom? Red vein or green vein?

How long have you been using it for, do you use it every day?

Had you not done any research on kratom and its effects before using it? Of course it has opiat like effects, that is well known. Especially red veined strains. It should not cause your heart rate to drop by over 40% though

5. ericmst18

ericmst18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I didn't scale it up, it had to be alteast 10 grams i would say, I took Bail

it was grounded up leaf into powder

i was taking it every day then took about a couple weeks off, then i took that 10 grams must of lost my tolerance.

i am aware of kratom and I've done my research, i could be that all the time my heart rate drops on kratom and the fact that only once have i check my heart rate which was in the 40s, again i felt slow, in taking almost felt like i had to whisper, my reaction time was fine though.

6. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Well most of what is sold as Bali is red veined so therefore sedating.
    10 grams is a large enough dose, especially if it is potent kratom.
    Was this effect a once off thing, or have you experienced similar effects when you have taken kratom before, like feeling slow and your speech being in slow motion?

Kratom can be pretty strong, bali is a very opiate like strain and quite sedating.
    I would recommend that you be very careful if you use it again. Use much less for starters and take note of your heart. Drugs that depress the nervous system can also effect your breathing, you dont want to keep taking kratom if it is causing you to feel slow or if it is lowering your heart beat so dramatically.

7. ericmst18

ericmst18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It does effect my breathing, ussaly i breath deeper and slower. this is caused by either me not using as much kratom everyday or just taking a huge dose. at one point i felt sick, but not enough to throw up. I'm going to experiment again and write detail for detail!

8. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is this a joke, because it sounds ridiculous.

If you're having breathing issues from kratom, you should probably just avoid it. Why risk your health to get high?

9. ericmst18

ericmst18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had too much one time, and thats what happened it reminded me of the time i tried "H" my heart rate was in the 40s As well, so i had panicked when i saw my heart rate that low on kratom. I began to over analyze everything and had thought my arm was numb and that my heart was going to stop any second. As this went on for about one or two hours my heart rate went up but my pulse felt slow in my arms and neck. I wasn't sure what to think about that, and soon enough i was feeling normal. But again i felt slow, in my speech and in general, all what had happen to me reminded me of the time i Took "H" like i said before. This is why i was scared and worried. Sorry for the confusing story, sometimes i just don't make any sense :-/

I still use kratom but not as much as i had took that one time, i use in moderation and respect the plant. I wasn't looking for a high at the time that lead me to take so much, what happened was i had taken two doses in a one hour period, because i didn't feel much from the first dose i took. That was a mistake, that i now learned from!

10. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Did you get this crap from a local shop or did you get it from a reputable vendor? Somehow I doubt very much this is kratom you are taking or at best, a batch that isn't pure kratom it has something else with it.

My experience (over 2 years) is kratom may lower your heart rate and blood pressure slightly (like 6 or 7 bpm) but it certainly doesn't take 30 beats off! It also has a tendency to hide the awareness of a fast heart beat which can be potentially dangerous when using stimulants alongside.

While it may be possible to overdose on kratom alone it is pretty unlikely. When I take too much I end up with the spins and throw up. Usually you can only take as much as your body allows before you'll just end up throwing up. Now mixing it with other stuff is likely a different story (such as benzodiazepines).

edit: I meant die from a kratom overdose.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  11. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    What you are describing IS an overdose.
    Perhaps you meant to say Die?

12. RelaxForMe

RelaxForMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It sounds to Swim like Swim used too much kratom and that I should learn about respecting doses. buy a scale and learn personal responsibility before using any ethnobotincals besides Maybe chamomile because I do not seem to need to use kratom and It seems to be freaking Swim out. Least you cause anymore dilemmas and scare yourself anymore. No one has ever died from Kratom taken by itself to Swim's knowledge.

13. ericmst18

ericmst18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes i now respect it, not that i didn't when i was using that much. The dose i took thought was normal so i wasn't going hard and trying to get messed up. That was far from what i wanted!
    I had bought from a online vender, which i going to change so something else. I forgot to mention i have ac condition called, "Irregular heartbeat" my heart skips beats, adds extra beats, wasn't sure if that had to do anything with the kratom i used. Probbly not

14. RelaxForMe

RelaxForMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to discuss your kratom use with a proper medical doctor to ensure your safety. what is your average dosage ? I used 8 grams of bali once in the beginning of my use of kratom and i was sick and shaking and nausea like. if you are just starting out on kratom 10 grams is an absurd amount in my opinion. I didn't enjoy 8 at all. Now after about 4 months i can take 8 grams and it wouldn't effect me like that at all. It is impossible to know what went on a 1000 different people could use a herbal medication and there could be 1000 different experiences between those people.