Experiences - Kratom Mishaps!

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by SuperCaesarKratomSalad, Mar 22, 2014.

1. SuperCaesarKratomSalad

SuperCaesarKratomSalad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I thought it would be a great idea to share some of our mishaps we've had with Kratom. Since it is not accepted by our culture and it involves swallowing big quantities of powder, I'm sure there are some really funny and great stories we can share!

I was inspired to start this thread when I was taking some kratom this morning, I decided to T&W 3.5 grams of kratom and it didn't work out so well. I kept my mouth closed as much as possible while trying to get some water around the pile of kratom and to the back of my throat. That did't work out well either. the water ended up taking a smaller pile of kratom to the back of my throat causing me to gag which is pretty normal. But I held it all in and was quite proud of myself for doing so when the gag caused the rest of the kratom in my mouth to quickly expand making me spew water and kratom all over my room :/ I laughed at myself after cleaning it up.

2. Bamerit

Bamerit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.K.
    Whilst working away, staying in a hotel, i had bought a small bottle of orange juice to mix my kratom with. Usually, i spoon my dose into a small bottle, mix with OJ or water etc, put the lid on and shake to mix which works rather well. I did the same this time, although had not put the lid on properly. I shook the mixture all over me and the hotel room, it was even dripping from the ceiling. My first thought of course was- what a waste of good kratom.
    Mopped it all up using the hotel towel, which turned a brown/green colour.
    Later on, a female colleague came into my hotel room only to ask- wtf is all the brown/green stains all over your room?? It looked like i had the worst case of diarrhea ever.
    Tbh i have done this a couple of times since.....

The funniest time though was trying to teach my mate to t&w, he gagged a massive green cloud 3 times before giving up, if you have ever seen someone do this, it is hilarious....kind of like the cinnamon challenge but green.

3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Great idea for a thread, SCKS ;)

Wow, I've had so many over the years.

One thing i would advise against is boiling kratom in a kettle.
    The first time i did this i was staying in a hotel with a friend. There were about 20 of us guys away for the weekend and we were all sharing two to a room.
    My friend (or most of the others) would have no idea what kratom is.

I decided i was going to have a shower before we all hit the town and just before i did i had the 'great' idea that i would put about 20 grams of powder into the kettle that came with the hotel room and let it boil so that it would be ready for me to strain and drink when i was washed.

So i loaded up the kettle, flicked it on and went into the bathroom.
    About 2 minutes later all i heard was screaming from the bed room from my friend.
    "Ian, Ian, What the Fuck have you done"?

I came into the bedroom and spotted the kettle over flowing with boiling kratom powder, it was going everywhere. Down on to the carpet, all over the table and worst of all straight into my friends bag where he had his clothes.

It was a fucking mess.
    Thankfully after giving me a few slaps he calmed down, he was already dressed for going out so it was not too big a deal. I salvaged the end of the kratom from the kettle and had some tea.

Never put kratom in the kettle. If you don't believe me about how eruptive it can be then give it a try ;)

I've also had several times where the mouth full of powder has erupted from my mouth like a nasty brown geyser. Often because ive laughed, gagged or coughed just as i was getting ready to toss and wash. If someone wants to know what that looks like then go to youtube and look for videos of people doing 'The Cinnamon Challenge', the end results are often the same :)

I've also managed to turn ounces and ounces of precious kratom into an unusable black mess after forgetting to check on pots of kratom extract that i was boiling down to a resin.
    If you think that kratom tea smells bad then you have to experience burnt kratom resin.
    It can take days to get rid of that smell from a kitchen.

Ive had a few good pukes from kratom too, although thankfully not that many.
    There is nothing worse than not getting to the bathroom or kitchen sink in time and projectile vomiting grams and grams of kratom all over the floor. That stuff gets everywhere and takes forever to clean.

Kratom tea boiled down is also something that stains pretty bad, especially when it has been really concentrated. Kratom extracted into vodka is even worse again, that stuff is almost impossible to get out after you spill some on your clothes.
    I have a few t-shirts that i now only wear when using kratom because they are destroyed with brown/black stains.

I'm sure i will think of some more Mishaps.
    Looking forward to hearing other peoples too :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  4. SuperCaesarKratomSalad

SuperCaesarKratomSalad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Haha thanks Ian. I guess it would be a good time to share my biggest kratom mishap x) I'm so glad I can think back on it and laugh now.

So I live in a house with my family who has no idea what kratom is. I am the third born of 10 children so needless to say I get almost no privacy.

Well one day I got home from my job and everyone was gone but my elderly grandpa and I thought to myself, "what an awesome opportunity to make some kratom extract for the first time!" so I open up DF to Ians guide on tea/extract. I get to the part where it says you may not want to use a pot because when you scrape the resin out you could get flecks of steel in your extract. So I put the kratom in a Pyrex dish and put it on the stove. Long story short I went to the pantry to get something and "BOOM!" I ran back to the kitchen and the whole thing EXPLODED all over the kitchen. "everything OK?" my grandpa was yelling from the other room. "yeah" I yelled back and started picking up the Pyrex prices that were still glowing red. Kratom was ALL over the floor, stove, and drizzled all into the kitchen drawers so I had to take everything out and wash the dishes and try to scoop out all the kratom before my family got home. HUGE mess, I'm talking 120 grams of stuff here. Turns out I got the last bit and was able to light a candle for the smell just as they walked in the door. Freaking nightmare. So glad it ended up Ok lol.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  5. Alcoholocaust77

Alcoholocaust77 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    One time, I woke up one morning after not much sleep, got a pot of coffee going, and got my kratom stuff out. I opened up my bag, and the phone rang. I put the bag down on my desk and went to answer it. When I got back, I wasn't paying attention and picked up the wrong end of the bag. The shit went all over my carpet. I was pissed. lol.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  6. thirdeyelasik

thirdeyelasik Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I actually just had one happen to me at work! I was wearing my work jacket and I keep my kratom bag in the outside pocket . I forget about it being in there and I put my jacket down in my work space. When I came back ALL of the powder had been dumped out in the jacket pocket because I forgot to close the bag and it created quite a dusty work space when I was desperately trying to get it back in its home(in the bag). Nothing worse than losing at least 10% of your krat :)

7. Khariz

Khariz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is a great thread idea! I've only had one major kratom mishap, but it still pisses me off to this day. I have three kratom containers in my kitchen. One has plain leaf Bali in it. Another had blends or extracts in it. The third has capsules filled with kratom in it.

On this particular night, I wanted about 5 grams out of my extract container. I measured it out, put it into my toss and wash cup, and first the first time ever, failed to put up the kratom container immediately. Without paying attention to what I was doing, I grabbed the extract container and began filling it with water instead of the cup.

As soon as I realized that I was wetting down my entire extract supply, I became completely pissed with myself. I grabbed some coffee filters and began squeezing out the liquid from the extract. I was left with some hard, damp chunks of really good extract. To give you an idea of the quantity here, this was about 250 grams of high quality extract that I just ruined.

For about three days, I was able to break nuggets off the damp block and consume them, but by day 4, the block began to visibly grow mold and I decided that for my own safety, I should disregard the remaining 200 grams or so of extract. I'm still pissed at myself about this a year later.

8. Elizorz

Elizorz Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had a good laugh reading these kratom mishaps and I will share one of my own.

I was enjoying a tall glass of kratom tea at the computer in a dimly lit room. So I have the cup sitting about a few inches from the keyboard. After some time reading at the computer I don't realize I have the cup sitting so close to the keyboard and as I reach to type in a web address I manage to bump the cup and it tips over completely drenching the keyboard and dripping onto the carpet. I should mention the tea contained lemon juice as well. So to this day my keyboard has a few keys which stick and don't function properly due to my kratom mishap.

9. Fanatexe

Fanatexe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    this is an awesome thread SCKS,

You all might not find this as comical as the rest, but it was definitely a mishap.

One day i had to borrow my stepdads vehicle. Took some kratom while i was out, got home all was normal until about 1 hour later stepdad walks in and says "i found this in the seat, what is it?" (1 capsule with kratom inside)

I being kind of in the closet about my kratom usage around the parents say "Oh its just some valerian root that must have ended up in my pocket, only later to fall out. :eek:

Kratom isn't a big deal by any means, but when it comes to the parents, thank goodness for valerian root coming in about the exact same size and color. I had a good laugh later on in the day about it.

10. mememememe

mememememe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Lol i had my first experience with kratom last week and after doing some research on how to take it i sorta mucked up i decided to toss and wash i had seen a guy online put the kratom in a shot glass and then put water in his mouth but try keep your head back

So i tried it i never had scales at the time or a measuring spoon so i used a table spoon instead of a tea spoon i put some in the cup as i didnt have a shot glass i then put some water in my mouth tipped my head back and then sort of tossed it from the cup into my mouth with some landing all over my t-shirt and then the dryness of the kratom kicked in

I started flushing juice down my throat the kratom was in there to i then looked in the mirror to see i had teeth like shreks face pure green so had to brush my teeth im kinda glad no one was home to see me walking about covered in this green powder lol

11. enhu

enhu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from peru
    Same thing happen to me. I though it will also have same effect because our dog drunk the juices that spill on the floor. I was hoping he'll get high actually.

12. AKA_freckles

AKA_freckles Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was sitting passenger while my husband drove and i spilled a huge amount of kratom and water all over me about 5 seconds before the cop behind us flipped his lights on for us.

It was awkward trying to explain what the fuck the green sludge covering me was.

13. FenixDelta753

FenixDelta753 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That might be the best post on this thread yet far! I'm genuinely sorry about your luck there.

I know a friend that has gotten down several spoonfuls, and was finally on the last one only to mess up the "wash" part of "toss & wash", causing him to spew his stomach's new contents... After telling me this story, he had a real look of disappointment on his face.

14. Fanatexe

Fanatexe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So this is my second time posting in this thread but I in fact had a kratom mishap 30 minutes ago.

So it's my day off of work and I'm sitting around thinking, "why have I not made kratom tea yet after using kratom for 3+ years?"

So I dump some kratom into the pot on the stove, all is going smooth, didn't spill even a slight bit when putting it into the pot. 15 minutes pass and all is going well, and I'm getting very excited for my nice kratom tea treat to end off the day.

When closing in on the last minute or two of my soft boil I get very distracted by how dirty my coffee pot is, so I immediately start to clean it, when what seems like hardly any time passes I hear some sizzling and turn around to see the biggest overflow on a pot ever!

There were so many bubbles and a lot of kratom seeping out over the side,
    Seems about right that the first time i ever try to make tea I screw up,

And if anyone has done this then surely you know how much kratom powder likes to stick to a glass stovetop.

But anyways, I still came out on top with a very nice potent tea, so my first attempt wasn't a complete fail. Lesson of the day, pay attention to what the heck you're doing when brewing your kratom tea.

Hopefully, next time things will i smoother :)

15. FenixDelta753

FenixDelta753 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My friend has once put on a small pot of kratom tea one night when he was kind of tired. He put the water in and then went to relax while the water warmed up. Then he fell asleep and woke up about 4 hours later to see the kratom completely burnt at the bottom of the pot, all the water evaporated. Luckily nothing caught fire and someone turned off the stove so nothing else bad happened. He was upset that he fell asleep and his tea was ruined but thats about all that happened luckily :)

16. snowdrop

snowdrop Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    My friend had a free day and she decided to try a larger than normal (for her) amount of kratom as an experiment. After eating a load of dust covered in greek yoghurt she sat back to wait for the effects, and the very moment she sat down her phone went and it was her mum who said she was on her way over, right now, for a surprise visit. SURPRISE! Anyway, the kratom didn't hit that hard thankfully so all was OK.

17. DEViANCE

DEViANCE Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    1. Mixing about 5grams with peanut butter in a sandwich under some bizarre illusion it would be easy to get down. Result was some hideous greeny brown Kratom / Peanut paste of which I never want to experience again. I couldn't eat peanut butter for weeks after that.