Combinations - Kratom Potentiation

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Kid Cudi, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm aware of other threads that are similar to this one and I'm sorry if the question my martian is about to ask has already been answered in previous threads. I just can't seem to find the specific answer to his question, even after going through pretty much all of the kratom potentiation/combination threads. I've seen threads regarding kratom potentiation with cimetidine, diphenhydramine, and/or dextromethorphan, but not with all three combined. If someone can show me a thread containing the answer to his question, I would really appreciate it!

Anyways, my martian is wondering if the following combination of drugs would be unsafe, cause bad side effects, or lessen the effects of kratom:

UEI Kratom 1 g
    Bali Kratom 5 - 7.5 g
    Cimetidine 200 mg (CYP2D6 + CYP3A4 inhibitor)
    Diphenhydramine 75 mg (CYP2D6 inhibitor)
    Dextromethorphan 30 mg (CYP2D6 + CYP3A4 substrate)
    Acetaminophen 975 mg
    Phenylephrine 15 mg

I'd be thankful for all the advice and help that can be given regarding this topic

2. Mr Gregoire

Mr Gregoire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    i too would like to know the answer to this. im guessing the DXM, aceta, phenyleph combo is from some some of cough and cold combo medicine.

i want to potentiate my kratom too but all i have is dxm in combo with other things and is too broke to go and buy some straight up robo.

but to you kid cudi i would suggest taking 25 or 50mg of diphenhydramine because you dont want to overpower kratom's subtleties, especially when also combining it with dxm.

3. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My martian would be taking just dextromethorphan, but this combination medicine is the best source of DXM for him, at this moment.

My martian is aware that diphenhydramine and dextromethorphan can overpower the kratom (if taken in high doses), but he has a moderate tolerance to DPH. 50 mg just doesn't have much of an effect on the subsequent nausea and itching that follows kratom ingestion.

My martian has combined all of the following, except cimetidine, before. He just isn't sure if too many potentiators would be an overkill and mess up kratom's effects.

4. Mr Gregoire

Mr Gregoire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth

i think your martian hit the nail on the head. potentiation is tricky. some people say it works, some people say it even kills the effects. personally i am under the impression that the more you fuck with how your body metabolizes the kratom, the higher the risk that you will kill the experience and make it null.

perhaps try the cimetidine first since you haven't tried it. followed by diph and dxm.

and hey man i really think your martian should try valerian root capsules, they sell them at many health stores and my local grocery store has them in the herb aisle. i believe that 4 to 6 grams of valerian root 1 hour before you ingest kratom really potentiates the effects. keep in mind everyone is different, but hey it works for me.

5. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Are you trying to say that my martian should take all three potentiators [roughly 30 minutes] before the kratom?

He's tried valerian root capsules and they are absolute garbage. He used to take up to 10 g of valerian root on top of more than 1 g of valerian root extract just for subtle effects. Perhaps, fresh valerian root would be more effective.

6. MaxWebXperienZ

MaxWebXperienZ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Kratom is in the same family as coffee. I didn't know that at the time but I used to like it with coffee, stevia, cream and honey... maybe that's what God intends for the stuff, no?

7. lithilium

lithilium Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Coffee certainly masks the flavor better than anything else! It almost compliments it.

8. Mr Gregoire

Mr Gregoire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    no im saying try them one at a time and see what works best for you, after that you can try combining them.

yeah alot of valerian root caps out there are garbage no doubt.

9. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, the flavor isn't much of a problem since my martian encapsulates his kratom. Still, he feels like when he takes it with coffee the onset is much faster. Probably because caffeine speeds up digestion?

Oops too late hahaha

Last night, my martian tried the combination that was in the first post, except with 50 mg of diphenhydramine instead of 75 mg. The high lasted for about 3 - 4 hours (not including the afterglow). He's wondering if he could make it last longer by taking out one of the potentiators or adding a different potentiator.

How long do the effects of kratom usually last for you guys?

10. Mr Gregoire

Mr Gregoire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth

3-4 hours for me. with a glow that lasts until i fall asleep. that IMO seems to be the standard.

honestly man try taking double what you normally take, i know thats not potentiation but if you dont care about wasting it then thats your best bet, take some diph or smoke some hay to curb the nausea that high doses can cause.

11. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't think taking double would make it last longer, but instead make the effects stronger. My martian wishes it would last longer :(

He isn't planning on using more than 1 g of UEI at a time (it's pretty expensive), but maybe instead of 7.5 g of Bali he will try 10 g.

12. Mr Gregoire

Mr Gregoire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    indeed it will not last longer. IMO taking 3.5 grams and waiting an hour and taking another 3.5 grams and repeating works for me. almost like taking a bump of coke.

note this is with no tolerance. i hate to say but kratom tolerance is insane. wait 2 weeks. while exercising and eating natural foods like salads or anything made by amy's ( found in the frozen food section of your local grocery store.)

also man IMHO UEI is a waste. i buy 100 grams of bali at a time and it seems to work every time. taking 7.5 g's twice a day makes me so motivated and happy.

13. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well it takes my martian 12.5 - 15 g of Bali (by itself) to feel effects and UEI helps by reducing the amount of pills he has to swallow. He's trying to find better quality Bali at the moment because he thinks his is between low - med quality.

14. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have found several things that enhance or change the high of kratom.
    DXM works well but only 30-45mg doses otherwise DXM will override any kratom high
    Grapefruit juice doesnt seem to do much but seems to lengthen the high
    Cimetidine seems to lengthen the high as well
    Acetaminophen compliments the pain killing effects of kratom, other than that it doesn't do anything
    Diphenhydramine makes me drowsy and agitated but that may just be my reaction to it

That is just my experience, yours may vary as far as side effects go DXM tends to cause vertigo if taken with too much kratom make sure you lower your kratom dose when using DXM!

15. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmm... your reaction to diphenhydramine is interesting. My martian has never experienced agitation from DPH (with or without kratom), but does get drowsy when he takes over 75 mg. Actually, 100 mg or more of DPH (by itself) gives him a nice feeling and is quite pleasant. He feels as if the DPH enhances the nod from kratom and makes it more enjoyable than usual. Also, I was never aware that DXM and kratom can cause vertigo. Do you know why that would happen?

16. UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion Silver Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    I must agree with this, coffee and kratom are a wonderfull combination. Usually 1-2 hours after ingestion a nice strong cup of coffee mixes so well, really seems to make the kratom come on a little stronger.

17. fluffyclouds

fluffyclouds Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    hi. this is my 1st post :-

i use kratom 4 years. in the last 2 years i use it almost every day. my fav type: Bali, because it is cheap :laugh: and this is a sedative type and i like calm state. i like maeng da too. it is stonger and it has stimulating effect.

my method to enhance effects: the most important is empty stomach! morning time ingesting is the best, or i wait 3-4 hours after the last meal.
    my ordinary dose is 7-10g of premium Bali. the trick is to add a little very hot water ~80 Cels. to the krat powder (it makes a hot mud) wait some minutes and add orange juice to handle the taste.
    and shake this mix. shake shake shake. done :) drink :vibes:
    i feel the effect 15-30 minutes after the ingestion.
    my experience if i eat something 1 hour after ingestion, it can enhance the effect too.

..and there are more cool tips to increase the kratom feeling ;)
    (i dont like mix krat with other substances, but tramadol and krat can very pleasure together)

18. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Bali is my friend's martian's favorite kratom strain too! Since he doesn't always have access to pharmaceutical opioids/opiates, the opiate-like high from bali is a decent substitute.

My friend's martian always takes kratom on an empty stomach (3-4 hours after last meal).

Your method of adding hot water to the kratom is quite interesting, as I've never heard of anyone doing this before (other than when teas are made of course :p). Unfortunately, the onset time of encapsulated kratom is 45 - 60 minutes and it probably doesn't come on as strong as liquids. Regardless of these facts, his only method of ingestion is through capsules. He can't handle the taste of kratom no matter what he combines it with.

19. MaxWebXperienZ

MaxWebXperienZ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    if anything should potentiate Kratom's Opiate side it might be D-Phenylalanine. The stuff is an endorphin reuptake inhibitor and by itself it lowers pain considerably for my Venutian friends. It helps them with WD's too.

Has anyone noticed that if a males' endorphins are high their sexual abilities are greatly increased? I told one gal [that I barely had just met] that D-Phenylalanine made me so that sex could be almost boring before I got finished, it would take so long. She kissed me right after that, I think it was something I said...

20. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My friend's martian thought about using DL-Phenylalanine with kratom, but he was unsure if it would actually potentiate or reduce its effects. He has tried 500 mg of DLPA (equimolar mixture of D-Phenylalanine and L-Phenylalanine), by itself, on several instances with only mild effects. He thinks it might've even been just a placebo. He might consider adding it to his "kratom stack", in the future, if he has better luck with higher doses.