Experiences - "Kratom Pure Alkaloids" experience

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by ReynardTheFox, Jul 30, 2006.

1. ReynardTheFox

ReynardTheFox Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    So my friend Bob dropped round for a chat.

Bob told me he had purchased 500mg of "Kratom Pure Alkaloids". This would be his first experience of Kratom.

Bob did a little research on the price of pure kratom and concluded that given the price he paid his sample was probably 30% pure or so, containing perhaps 150mg of alkaloids.

Bob says he took half the sample, on a largely empty stomach, stirred into a glass of water at around 8pm

After about 30mins he noted a feeling of "being slightly mellow", but wasn't sure if that was down to the nice bottle of wine he was drinking at the same time.

After an hour he felt slightly stoned, with a little extra appreciation of music

After two hours he concluded that he felt "very mellow", and was also starting to get quite itchy all over.

Bob took the remaining half of his sample at this point.

He noted that he'd drunk most of his bottle of wine, but didn't feel especially drunk.

Bob didn't have much else to add, except that between the 3 and 6 hour mark, he felt definitely chilled out, with a profound sense of there being a buzz that he wanted to keep going, even if he couldn't quite put his finger on the exact nature of the buzz. He also says he felt quite compelled to take some more (he also had 50g of dried leaf and was tempted to brew up some tea) but he resisted.

The next morning Bob was pretty hungover, probably due to drinking all that alcohol on an empty stomach. Bob says he'll moderate the booze a bit more next time.

Overall, Bob was pretty pleased with this experience. He concluded that the so called "pure alkaloids" were not worth the money, and is looking forward to brewing up some tea from his 50g of dried leaf.

:)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
    1. 5/5,
      Interesting trip report
      Jul 30, 2006
  2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Be careful drinking alcohol while on kratom. The kratom seems to decrease alcohol's perceived effects, allowing one to drink more than they intended. I have run into trouble more than a few times doing this.

3. ReynardTheFox

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Not 'arf, Bob told me the hangover a) lasted all day until about 5pm and b) was resistant to the usual fluid intake and iboprofen treatments. Yeuch!

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yummy! An empty stomach and hangover - and the ibuprofen drilling a hole through the stomach! Yeeeech!

I hope Bob is through with this experiment, before he tries taking drain-cleaner for his hangover. I agree with radio here - tell Bob to watch out for alcohol should there be a second attempt (on his health insurance).

5. ReynardTheFox

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    So Bob called round again to tell me about his experience with Kratom tea. He says he used 25g of leaf and the standard Kratom tea procedure, reducing the final brew down to about 150ml before drinking. He described the final product as "quite possibly the most fearsome thing he has ever encountered; imagine the worst cup of coffee you've ever had - that someone has left sitting in a basement for twenty years; now imagine someone taking a dump in it; now imagine heating it up in a microwave; now ima..."

I stopped Bob at this point. I get the picture, I said - it doesn't taste very nice.

"Not 'arf"

So what about the effects, I ask him. Well, Bob says that again, quite an indistinct experience, hard to quantify. Bob says he might consider trying different sources, or a different dose, were it not for one thing: the almighty hangover the next day. Bob says he didn't drink any alcohol this time, so the headache element was thankfully missing. And whilst there was a slightly pleasant afterglow of "out-of-it-ness", this was more than offset by the overwhelming lethargy and tiredness.

So Bob doesn't think he'll be doing it again, unless anyone has any tips for the next-day-blues?

6. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands