Kratom resin extract worthwhile?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by msimm, Dec 12, 2004.

1. msimm

msimm Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.S.A.
    Looking at an online retailer who sells a Kratom resin (initials: ias)
    I was wondering if it was a waste of money or not. I've enjoyed 'straw'
    tea in the past and was thinking about ordering more flowers or trying
    out the Kratom.

Also, with the resin what is considered an appropriate (moderate) amount?

Thanks for any feedback.

2. msimm

msimm Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.S.A.
    *bump*[​IMG]

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yes katrom is nice. using the initials of the source is not allowed outside of the sources forum.

4. msimm

msimm Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.S.A.
    I don't seem to have an edit button.

5. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    How does the resin relate to the straight product? Which one gives you a better bang for your buck?

6. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Some resins are good, some are not worth trying. It mostly depends on how much kratom was extracted into each gram and the potency of the kratom used. I have tried some that will knock you on your ass at the 3 gram range and some that you can't even feel at the 6 gram range. I generally avoid kratom resin though because of the bad taste and fluctuation in potency.

7. PYITE

PYITE Newbie

Reputation Points:

i too have heard good things about the herb itself, but anything specific about the gunk extract in question?

8. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Can someone explain the effects more fully-- is it like opium? Does it have any mind expanding effects?

9. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    Kratom is somewhat similar to opium in effects and it has been shown to effect the same receptors in the brain as opium. If you consume good kratom tea, the effects are generally as follows,

0-1 hour: Feelings of warmth and stimulation, euphoria.

1-2 hours: Feelings of warmth continue but a sedated feeling begins to take effect which is not unlike a light dose of opium. Euphoria continues and feels alot like hydrocodone. These effects can last between 1-2 hours, sometimes more. Itching can also be notices, very similar to painkillers.

About 5-10 grams of top grade kratom can be more than enough, but low grade kratom can require about 20-30 grams.

I recenty bought a good batch of premium kratom, the strongest I have had to date, and at the 1 hour mark I had waves of euphoria and total relaxation that was exactly like taking 3 vikes. This stuff is great, but good stuff is expensive. I would not recommend extracts personally, they taste like shit and most are not to effective.

10. aMorphius

aMorphius Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you get a so called resin extract of kratom, any ideas about to tell if it is
    real kratom? Any tests to distinguish it from, say cafeene?

11. msimm

msimm Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.S.A.
    Probably eating it.

12. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    I wouldn't know, I don't regularly consume commercial grade kratom extracts. I do make my own extract, however, and the only thing I can tell you is it is very bitter in taste. Many times I will consume the extract like hard candy, just sucking it and swollowing the bitter juice. The effects tend to feel cleaner than that of the tea. Commercial extracts tend to have some sort of a chemical taste as well, I much prefer my extracts because I know that no chemicals were used. I want to try smoking my extract one day, but I'm afraid it will be a bit to messy.

13. aMorphius

aMorphius Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So "Sands of Time", how do you make your Kratom extract (if you don't
    mind me asking)? Sounds better than drinking down all that tea! But if
    you would rather not reveal your own recipe, I would understand.

14. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    It's quite simple. I make the tea as usual, strain the plant matter out, than boil it down into a tar very slowly. You don't want to rush the boiling of the extract though. Once you have the tar, you can make clumps with it and swollow it or place it in food, ect. I usually just eat it but I find that the basic tea offers a better high than eating the extract. The tea has a very nasty taste though for many. If you have any questions about kratom, please PM me.

15. panchovilla

panchovilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I just recieved my kratom extract in the mail today. I smoked a small chunk, and then boiled the biggest chunk, mixed it with a very generous amount of sugar and drank away. I could not really feel the very small amount I smoked; that was just sort of test since this was my first kratom experience. The tea did not taste bad to me, or compared to kava kava atleast. I think kava kava is sickest tasting shit ever, it is almost as bad as drinking certo. I always hear people talk about how bad kratom taste, but it was good to me compared that nasty pukey kava kava shit. kava kava definatly works though, but just like anything the quality of the product is of utmost importance.

Well I feel asort of relaxed and slight melow buzz. I drank the first glass around 5:15. It is now 6:36 and I just drank the second and final glass from that brew. I stillhave two medium sized chunks in the sack I am thinking Imaytry smoking a bigger piece.opiates are the motherfucking bomb so I was very interested in this.

I'll post later for the final verdict if Ithink this is worth the ducketts.

Sands of time do you grow your ownkratom? If so what zone do live in? I am considering buying a plant for specimen/novelty purposes.

16. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    Honestly, I never was fond of commercial extracts. Most are just extracts of low grade kratom. If you want to feel the full force of kratom, try a good 10 or 15 grams of top quality kratom, you will feel it for sure. I don't grow kratom and I don't plan on it. The reason is that to grow good kratom, you must have an old tree, which would be to big to care for properly. Also, the climate I live in would not support it. Plants sell for about 50-60 bucks I think for a very small tree.

Was this your first time with kratom? Many people don't feel the high the first time. When I first tried kratom, I didn't feel anything for the first 40 minutes so I just closed my eyes and listened to some music. About 40 minutes after that I got up to get something to eat and I noticed I felt slightly warm with a sort of stoned feeling. I than realized it was the kratom.

About the kava... I used kava in the passed a bit. I found it useful to help me sleep but I soon discovered some EXTREMELY powerful kava. Haha, basicly it was so strong that I didn't like it. I stopped using it after while. I never found the taste to be bad though.

17. panchovilla

panchovilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, today was my first time using kratom. The effects have strengthened some, but still not as euphoric as I had hoped. I purchased ten grams, but I do not havea scale, but it looked to be atleast ten grams.I did notuseit all there is maybe 3 grams left.This leads to another question- What is a top of the line scale? I would like to be able to measure small amounts like grams or less, but also be able to wiegh maybe a couple pounds or so. Is it best to get a scale that specializes in small incraments of wieght or is there one that can do both accurately?

Sands of Time, so you purchase the freshest leaves possible and then make your own extract? I was hoping this wouldbe as good as fresh poppy smoothies, but, perhaps I need fresh kratom to achieve this.

18. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    I would not say the material I purchase is any more fresh, but it is very potent, and produced from aged kratom trees. You consumed 7 grams of extract? It must have been really weak stuff.

As far as scales, you dont really need them. I measure stuff by tablespoons, ect. You can buy a small hand scale for your purposes, maybe 10-15 bucks.

19. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I recieved some kratom resin extract a few days ago.

My first dose was with 3.5 grams made into a tea. I felt a mild
    stimulation which then led to a sedating feeling after about 1.5 hours.

Two days later i tried 5 grams. this time i just swallowed it. Same efdfects as the first time but a little stronger.

Today i swallowed 6.5 grams. Finally i achieved the effect i was
    looking for, EUPHORIA. It came on about 20 minutes after i
    swallowed. It started ith the usual relaxation but than i started to
    feel really happy and that feeling just became stronger for about 30
    minutes at which point it i reached a plateau. Then i started coming
    down after about 2 hours.

All in all its a worthwhile experience but i was told by others that
    the super kratom that some vendors are offering is much better than any
    of the resins that they tried.

20. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    Anyone ever do Kratom shots?! Haha, take 50 grams of kratom, boil in water until you get a shots worth of liquid and down it. NASTY!!! Made me gag the first time.