Kratom Resin Freebase Snuff

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by allyourbase, Mar 17, 2005.

1. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    a friend of a friend bought a bunch of katom resin from an online supplier for what he percieved to bea bargain.

the resin was of odd character, it expanded when smoked,m tasted horrible, and definately contained some plant material.

it was put down as a loss, but rather than entirely lose the money spent it was decided to attempt a freebasing of the alkaloids in it.

first it was melted in isopropyl alchohol, which not only took a while, but required a bit of heat, chunks of plant material were noticed floating around the bottom.

then an attempt at defatting with naptha began,after two days the polar and nonpolar layers still had yet to sperate, there was no change in the nonpolar liquids,since there were no real fats to speak of and the nonpolar solventwas already present but wouldnt seperate, it was decided toadd the base aswas. this is cheap kitchem chemistry so the base used was sodium bicarbonate (arm & hammers). almost immediately the nonpolar layer took on a yellowish tint and expanded just a tad, after allowing it to sit overnight it was put through a sepratory funnel, thepolar andimmersive layerswere seperated, the nonpolarsolvent was placed in a pyrex bowl and allowed to sit for one week.

result: fine opaque red-brown crystals (salty, bitter,presumably from the sodium bicarbonate)

FoF snorted one 50 milligram line of said material, result was a nice kratomish buzz that lasted around four hours (!), Id have to conclude this is a better entry vector for this material, as whole leaf teas and extracts rarely yeild more than an hour or so of effect.

1. 5/5,
      Brillant and informative
      Nov 29, 2006
  2. panchovilla

panchovilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Whenever I smoked kratom before it really did not do much. Swim smoked resin before and sometimes mine expanded too, but it really did not give him that much of high or anything.

Man if your whole leaf and extracts only give you 1 hr of high you got some weak ass shit. swim eat or drink kratom just about every day and he is high for a good 8 hrs. When he first started with the premium powdered kratom it lasted even longer, and when swim layed down at night he felt so fucking good like he was floating just above the bed. I do not get the same euphoria as when he first started, but still feels pretty decent. swim's average dose of super strength kratom is now about 10 grams he has done 20 grams twice the first time had to lay down for a while, cuz he was fucked up, the second time was yesterday and it did not effect swim as much, but he felt good all day long.

I suspect that the freshness of kratom plays a role in it's potency. I was looking at the pictures of my kratom when I first got it and it was a hell of a lot greener when I first got it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2007
  3. Mr.Time

Mr.Time Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    (BUMP)
    I imagine that the high heat of combustion would destroy some of the alkaloids. Does anyone know of anyone who has had success vaporizing either kratom resin or the freebase? It seems the lower temperature vaporization requires would preserve much more of the alkaloid content.

4. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Apparently 7HO mitragynine vaporizes, but mitragynine does not. 7ACO also seems to work with vaporization. SWIM insufflates kratom alkaloids for best effect however, as it seems much of the material is wasted when vaporized...

5. Mr.Time

Mr.Time Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Alright, thanks. I was considering vaporizing the 90% 7ACO tincture with some finely powdered cannabis, but will probably do a little more research before spending his money.

6. tayo

tayo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Since my 7-acetoxy mitragynine came in a bottle in alcohol, should SWIM let it evaporate on a mirror naturally, collect a line, and toot away? Is that the way You did it?

7. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have a question about the freebasing, was the naptha really nessary, or would alcohol, grain or isoprop, and a base work just fine. My chemesty skills are lacking.

--Nera

8. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have a question about making a kratom freebase. Swim covered kratom leaves with 90% ethnol, for about 1 1/2 weeks, then seperated the liquid from the solid mater. I didnt used naptha in the liquid. Then Swim added sodium bicarbonate. The percipate was two different colors, Swim thinks it was because he added to much SB. From what I could see the SB disolved then started to percipate on the edge then fell to the bottom, but it was hard to see due to the color of the final liquid -it was very dark. My question is was this a frebase or is it just SB that absorbed the liquid? If not should I use naptha then use SB?

--Nera

9. joefear

joefear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Can you show us a picture of the resulting xtals?

joefear added 141 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Can you show us a picture of the resulting xtals?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    1. 3/5,
      There is no need to quote long posts, just address your reply to the person you want, and bumping a thread this old is completely unnecessary.
      Aug 24, 2013
  10. vervain

vervain Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Do you realize the original post you're addressing is from early 2005, over 8 years ago? It is highly doubtful you will get a reply. Please pay attention to the dates before resurrecting ancient threads, it just clutters the forum.

Has anyone else notice an uptick in this kind of thing? The past week in the few subforums I regularly check there have been several oooold threads revived, where a new poster directly addresses members who haven't logged on in years....

1. 3/5,
      There are better forums for asking these questions.
      Aug 24, 2013