Experiences - Kratom seems to have no effect if used more than twice in a span of a month

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Rob Cypher, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Rob Cypher

Rob Cypher Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    At least that's how it seems to work for me. I'd almost swear it was placebo if it weren't for the mild breakthroughs I would have on it the first couple of times. :/

Seems to be a little more legit than "kava kava", though. The "good" kava kava makes my liver hurt. :(

Anyone else have this experience?

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    All you have to do is read through these pages to see how 'legit' Kratom is.
    I can only presume that what you bought is bunk.

Did you buy it from a site that only deals with kratom?
    Did you research the site to see what people had to say about their products?
    Or did you buy your kratom from a headshop or site that sell 'legal highs'?

How did you take it?
    Did you take it on an empty stomach?
    How much did you use?
    What type of kratom was it?

Kratom, at least good kratom, can be very strong. Its also quite addictive when abused.

There is a separate forum for discussing Kava.
    If it is hurting your liver then stop using it at once. A few years ago there were companies selling kava products that were made from the entire plant instead of just the root, this caused liver problems.
    But like i said, discuss that in the Kava forum.

3. Rob Cypher

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It was purchased from a reputable site that had 5 different selections to work from, IIRC. Two "reds", two greens, one yellow (might be wrong?). I got the one that was most recommended by forum users on another forum dedicated to kratom. It seems to lose its effectiveness if taken more than once within a 4 day period.

4. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Ive never heard of that happening to anyone before.
    Tolerance can be an issue, as with most other drugs, but you either have bunk kratom or you are not using it correctly.

What type is it, what dose are you taking, how are you taking it?

5. Rob Cypher

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's Red Vein Borneo kratom; 500mg per capsule. 1 to 2 capsules per attempt. Encapsulated by vendor (who offers the raw powder alone at a cheaper rate; I just didn't want to be bothered with the process of encapsulation), who is reliable.

My GF notices the same thing; she's even more resistant to it, if that's possible.

6. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Well there is your answer.
    You are taking .5 - 1 gram of kratom.

5 grams would be a good dose of Borneo (bali) kratom (for someone with no opiate tolerance), or even 3 grams for a first time to judge its potency.

You are not taking enough.
    Problem solved.

Empty 10 capsules into a pot with some water and lemon juice. Boil it for 15 minutes, strain it and drink it on an empty stomach.
    Or...
    Mix it with some sauce (apple, pesto) and eat it on an empty stomach
    Or...
    Mix it into some juice and drink it, on an empty stomach
    Or...
    spoon it into your mouth and take a mouthful of juice to help it back (toss & wash) on an empty stomach.

Or just take the caps, on an empty stomach.

If you take opiates, have any tolerance to opiates, then you might have to increase this dose to feel anything.
    My typical dose was between 5 and 15 grams, depending on what i was looking for or what strain i was using.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  7. dornacher750

dornacher750 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Kratom seems pretty straight forward

8. Rob Cypher

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    3-5 gs? Huh. Let me make sure that these are 500mg and not 1g. We'll try it at that dose and let you know.

9. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Yes, 3 - 5 grams.

Do you not have a digital scale? That would be best for weighing out an exact dose, so that you can adjust the dose after you determine how much you require from a test dose of 3 grams.

Do you use opiates?
    If so there will be cross tolerance, you might require more, possibly a lot more.

Make sure to take it on an empty stomach. It can cause nausea for some but taking it on an empty stomach (leave about 4 hours after eating) will provide stronger results.