Side effects - Kratom - The Nausea King

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by scyrusurcys, Feb 12, 2007.

1. scyrusurcys

scyrusurcys Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Subject: L
    Substance: Kratom 10x
    Dosage: Eyeball 2-2.5g.
    Method of dose: Dumped extract into Barq's Root Beer - stirred until non-foamy and chased with new swig of Barq's. [Not the best medium in the world, he knows]
    Time of intake: 7:45PM, 2-1-07

T+ 00:22:00 - Feeling a little warm all over. Slight headache but not very painful - more like pressure on the occipital bone.

T+ 00:27:00 - Definite warm buzz.

T+ 00:32:00 - Skin is numb, along with the rest of L's body :). Not as powerful as amanitas. . .yet. Still can't feel the entirety of swallowing his own spit.

T+ 00:44:00 - Instant feeling swap. Bliss turned to nausea/fear in this short amount of time. Epigastric region is in pain [pressure]. The Adam's Apple of L's esophagus also has a pressure-like pain associated with it, almost like wanting to vomit. This continues for about an hour before I could catch a ride to an OTC drug store. One large capful of Pepto-Bismol was drank and this soothed the feelings to a halt about 20 minutes later.

After this little experience, some friends and L decided to hang out at an ice-cream parlor. The ice cream felt good going down the throat, soothing the pain even more. From there, L felt a mild buzz and was more social than he usually is. The buzz was almost like the after-effects of taking an Atarax - just a mild floaty feeling mixed with a little fatigue. It felt good to sit still, but once L started moving, his body started to ache a bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, L probably won't be trying this again. He knows that he might have just experienced a bad trip and that it probably won't happen again, but it was painful and uncomfortable enough to steer him clear of it in the future. . . or for a while, anyway. He'll just stick to Salvia :cool: .

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    If this would have been real kratom 10X, it would have been 10 times as strong as kratom leaf, which has a dose of 5 - 12 grams. Depending on potency. So a dose of 2 - 2.5 grams is either insane or You has been conned with fake kratom 10X.
    As far as I know there is no real kratom 10X available anywhere, so I suspect the latter.

3. Dreaming

Dreaming Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've seen Kratom 15X available from a vendor I consider reliable.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^^

It may be labelled 15x Kratom, but I highly doubt it is anywhere near that potency. Most Kratom labelled as such is in reality around 2x.

5. Dreaming

Dreaming Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The smile face picture makes me feel happy and safe. Nice.

I'll let you know how 1g of this 15x extract goes tomorrow when Mr Kittens tries some.