Combinations - Kratom -- the perfect 'comedown' aid?

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by Nicaine, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I have tried various comedown aids (to various substances that have comedowns, of course :D) and in his opinion kratom is the best he's found for just about everything (so far).

* It has a stimulating component combined with opiate-like effects, which is perfect to soften the landing from any stimulant. Provides a "second wind" effect along with psychological cushioning, and substantially elevates mood as well.

* It isn't so strong as to begin another powerful "high" in itself, nor is its dependency potential really high like most benzos and opiates. Although dependency is possible, it takes weeks/months of regular use to develop, and withdrawals are neither intense nor protracted (SWIM's personal experience).

* It has never presented a problem to I used while the main substance is still active, i.e. allowing the main substance to wear off completely appears to be relatively unimportant. Nor has it had negative cardiovascular effects, like those I have noted with marijuana used shortly after heart stressing stimulants.

I recommend this herb highly to anyone still searching for the perfect comedown aid to their favorite substance. Hypothetically speaking, of course. :) "Commercial grade" Bali leaf in a ground/powdered form is recommended for the full spectrum of effects, rather than an extract product. Approx. 10g packed into capsules or made into a tea should be about right for the average person.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    my found this very useful after methylone (actually, he's found opiods in general to be wonder-workers in this regard). Not only does it kill the craving for more drugs, it puts SWIM in a contented, social mood until it's time for sleep. It can be a bitch to drink kratom tea after stimulants, so I recommend packing some powder into capsules.

3. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find Kratom too stimulating to combine with other stimulants. SWIM easily gets unpleasant tachycardia and edginess with this combo. Otherwise kratom is fine. I have noticed low doses are more stimulating, so maybe I should try a high dose for coming down in the future.

4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I agree, kratom can be too stimulating when combined with other stimulants (producing unpleasant anxiety/agitation).

However, there are many alkaloids in kratom that seriously redeem it as a comedown aid for stimulants. From one of kratom's most renowned experts:

http://www.murple.net/yachay/index.php/Kratom

To put it another way, kratom not only makes a person feel good, but it contains alkaloids which have physical effects that are very helpful to someone who's been on stimulants for awhile. A bit of anxiety for a portion of the buzz seems a small price to pay; or just wait until the stimulant wears off 90%+ and even that shouldn't happen. SWIM always waited 45 min. or so after a cola run before drinking a cup of kratom tea. He would then stay awake and enjoy kratom's effects for 4-6 hours (allowing time for nasal swelling to go down as well), followed by a deep and renewing sleep when the kratom wore off.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Edit -- double post (weird). See post immediately above this one.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  6. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    SWIM imagines it would be great for after MDMA. And even moreso because it has anti-oxidants in it, so it's a two in one deal.

7. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have found it to be absolute perfection as a cocaine comedown aid, almost like it was made for that purpose. He just can't imagine anything better, as it adds those vasodilating/ warming/heart stabilizing effects to the opiate receptor tweakage and mild antidepressant-like stimulation that just makes a person feel GOOD... even immediately after coming down from cola! It's really remarkable how fast it can make a person feeling horrendous after a long coke roll start feeling fantastic instead.

Only downside is that any coke-related depression can return after coming down off the kratom.

8. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have only just experienced the high strength extract, and was very pleased with the results. However, I had real trouble sleeping afterwards (even after 2 anti-hist sleeping tabs), and SWIM's heart was pounding like mad. Is this unusual? I thought kratom was a depressant with opium like qualities, but notices that snapper find it stimulating. I did take the coke and the kratom at the same time.

Does tolerance build quite quickly to kratom? How much do you usually consume and how long after/during a coke binge do you take it? I only ask because coke comedowns are getting worse for SWIM and a nice come down aid would be lovely. When I was taking the two together, he found that it really took the edge off the comedown. In fact, all he really experienced was serious cravings 30 mins after each line. So I would be interested in when the optimum time to take the kratom would be.

In fact, I'll stop rambling and post an experience report for SWIM.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006