1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Other - Kratom To Help Quit Opiates

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by atemeles5, Dec 20, 2006.

1. atemeles5

atemeles5

Reputation Points:
    SWIM after 5 years opiate use (and abuse), he's using subotex from 3 years. Actually he use 2mg/day.Now he want to stop with subotex and try to minimize the withdrawl with kratom. He think to stop taking subotex and use kratom for 7-8 days only and the wait to see what happen. Maybe a 20g powdered kratom will be ok. Anyone have experienced kratom for this pourpose?

2. sweatloaf13

sweatloaf13 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: kratom to stop with opiates

Swim is on subutex as well (8mg 2x a day) and found a cup of the red vein leaf Kratom boiled in a tea 3 times(about5-6grams)was more than accurate in warding off the monkey if done twice a day with maybe a low-dose benzo to help sleep. Swim was actually really high from the tea as well.It seems like it could end up being the same sort of trap though as all opiate "substitutes" are.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2007
  3. krampton

krampton

Reputation Points:

YES. it could definitely help, but its not going to cure, don't expect to do kratom
    and never have a craving for opiates it doesn't work that way. But if your serious about giving the shit up (which you should) Kraton will definatly help you.

Its just to bad by doing this to quit youl probably build a tolerance to it before you can really enjoy it sober. And who know what will happen when that happens you may say the hell with kratom (because of price) and slip back into the hole. addiction is evil that way.

4. krampton

krampton

Reputation Points:

I think its best to lock your self in a room and let the days go by, of course thats a living hell:D

5. atemeles5

atemeles5

Reputation Points:

yes sweatloaf. I think you are right. Now Swim quit with subotex (after 4 days of cold turkey). The day 5th start 3g of kratom. But now 8AFTER 3 WEEKS)kratom became very important AND IT'S DIFFICULT TO QUIT. Now SWY is using ONLY 1g/day of kratom but also if is a so small dose...i need.

6. sweatloaf13

Reputation Points:

I guess it is a two-edged sword,isn't it?SWIM's been getting a weekly order too,though not using it EVERY day. Still it feels 'healthier' than the subutex on me for some reason.The subs just always gave SWIM a bad feeling health-wise.Good Luck!!! Just stay clear of methadone,it's a real bitch!

7. Calaquendi

Calaquendi Silver Member

Reputation Points:

~~thanxx for the methadeath warning, not enough people out here truly realise the insidiousness and REAL DANGER with that evil dookie..were evil to take a form visible, surely that would be it. the anuses that cash in on other human beings' misery, like the ones who privately own several deathadone klinix, i hold morally accountable (like it matters) and its turds like they who have the bread to keep kratom from its sacred and holy duty. there are living plants, deliberately designed by whatever god is, with a curiously specific action to counter this bull****~~ kratom, and ibogaine are nothing short of LIFESAVERS . i dont mean the candy either. yet "legal" issues and sad, greedy vendors {collectively referred to as "special interests"} go to great lengths to insure prohibition. and why? hard to believe almost. certainly sad, ..MONEY. sorry for the soap-box format but swim's very sensitive to suchnesses. i mean, irony??? jokes on the suffering addict?? thanx for the forum! and thanx too for thy patience with my ranting vernacular..hope to continue on with such likeminded enthusiasts!! wellbeing to thee~~C~~:eek:

8. atemeles5

atemeles5

Reputation Points:

I see the side effect of methadone from many friends of mine and SWIM tried it just once nad just for fun (many years ago). I'm sure he will never try it. When the source of subotex (from black market)of Swim finished he avoided to change with methadone and he tried with kratom.
    As I said, Swim now use Kratom daily (after a week of cold turkey)...but It can be only psicologic? I tried to explain better. Swim is using only 1,5g of Kratom a day (3g occasionally), a ridiculos dose...but it make him fell ok. Endorphine or Kratom? wich substance make him feel ok?

9. Banj

Banj

Reputation Points:

Methadone is poison. It rots people from the inside out. Don't accept it! It seeps into your bones and is harder to get rid of that any other opiate. Swim got clean a while ago for 3 years by saving up his DF script (cos they never gave you enough) which meant when it came to giving up he was able to eat enough to feel well. Unfortunately Subtex is now thought to be the new wonder drug but swim don't like it- it makes him feel ill as in cold turkey ill. Swim is thinking of ordering some Kratom too to take the edge of his cluck. He was gonna get 48g to see him through the whole ordeal. Has anyone out there successfully used this for this purpose and can advise swim?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2007
  10. Calaquendi

Calaquendi Silver Member

Reputation Points:

glad to hear someone's got the point about the dangers of methadone...swim's been on it for very nearly six years...and has extensive experience in MISERY...amerikan klinix have vile ridiculous praktices...drooling with avarice and no ethix. jesus. as far as kratom's efficacy where an opiod detox is concerned, swim has tried several kinds of products/methods of ingestion and definately it worx but eating the herb seeems best so far. swim bought a tincture that wasnt shite, but there's too much info, too many folx who know the ropes who praise this material so swim is currently engaged in open research and would love to hear others' reorts...blessings ~C

11. boylizard

boylizard Newbie

Reputation Points:

I imagine it was thought to be the wonder drug when it was first introduced - so were cocaine and heroin.

12. Corksil

Corksil Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    i dun mean to change topics, but i was wondering how addictive kratom is. swim has never tried any opiates, methadone, oxycontin or anything like that. he is pretty un-familiar with addictions and has never been addicted to anything b4, but he ordered kratom over the internet and is waiting for it to arrive.

swim has done lots of reading on additctions, and understands that it's usually not a question of not being able to quit, it's a question of not wanting to quit. he thinks he has a good handle of himself and strong will, but hes wondering what the risk of becoming addicted to kratom is? if it's done in moderation with time spaced between uses, it should be pretty safe, right? thanks guys

13. atemeles5

atemeles5

Reputation Points:

Yes Banj in swim experience kratom give a big help.
    Swim after Heroin/opium use turn to subotex. 2 years os subotex. After this he decided to score. He arrive to 1mg/day than he quit for 3 days. In this 3 days was impossible to stay relaxed, strong stomachace but no depression.
    Then he tried to eat 2g of kratom.GREAT! Swim feel good...not high but ok just to have a shower, eat and go out for a walk. 1 week of dayle use of 1-2 g of kratom and when he stopped no withdrawl. Thanks to mother nature.

14. Banj

Banj

Reputation Points:
    Thanks, swim is definately going to try it!

15. sweatloaf13

Reputation Points:

SWIM does agree a bit with you,but has found that Kratom CAN help deal with those 'jones' always rumbling in your head,especially with a bit of clean time under the belt. Better than a meeting Swim thinks...

16. atemeles5

atemeles5

Reputation Points:
    Someone tried ibogaine?

17. Bajeda

Bajeda Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    There are people who have, you just have to look for threads on that substance in particular.

If someone who has used both to fight opiate addiction is around and can compare/contrast Kratom and Ibogaine's efficacy then their contribution would be welcome, otherwise lets try to keep this thread specific to Kratom.

18. Santa

Santa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone have experience with using kratom while tapering methadone at the same time? I am on 8 mgs of methadone right now and want to taper to 0 during the next few months. Swim has tried this many times before but never made it due to Swims very long (25 years) methadone-addiction.
    Is using kratom to ward off the worst withdrawalsymptoms a good idea for Swim or will Swim not even feel the kratom? And if it does help, how much kratom should Swim more or less take when she tapers to 5 and then to 0 methadone? Swim couldn't find a satisfying answer to this question on the forum..

19. atemeles5

atemeles5

Reputation Points:
    With 5 of methadone swy will not fell kratom. I suggest to use about 10g of kratom starting from day 2 without methadone.

20. Santa

Santa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    O.k. that sounds like goed advise. The problem is that Swim is getting into severe withdrawals once she is on a lower than 10 mgs and Swim hoped that kratom would pull her through the worst episodes (like the 3th till the 6the day after lowering her dose. Swim has used methadone for over 20 years and failed repeatedly to get off it so she will probably try taking it on 5 mgs anyway..