Experiences - Kratom vs. other low level opiates (codeine/poppy pods)

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by MachoManSavage, Sep 18, 2012.

1. MachoManSavage

MachoManSavage Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    In Canada, I fortunately have the legal means of obtaining these 3 substances without a hitch.

And I've done them all plenty of times. And when I visit most forums, people always praise codeine and poppy pods to be better than kratom.

However, I can't agree with this. Kratom just seems so much more rewarding and "full" than the other two. Don't get me wrong, codeine and poppy pods provide great euphoria, and they are pleasant, but they seem one dimensional. All the have is euphoria. Kratom, on the other hand, makes everything enjoyable. I play video games for hours, I can watch movies, make out with my girlfriend, lay in bed thinking, etc. The true opiates seem to be missing this. Hence why I can never get addicted to codeine and poppies, yet have been addicted to kratom.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy? Or does someone agree with me that kratom is better than low level opiates?

2. seaturtle

seaturtle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I totally agree, I've made poppy seed tea plenty of times and it's pleasurable no doubt, but Kratom just seems to have something more to it. There's just something fuller about it, perhaps the stimulating effects are the difference. I love that burst of energy followed by drifting off into nod land, it's more of an experience than passing out on poppy seed tea or other true opiates when they peak which is usually what happens. It's probably healthier mentally since your mind goes at all cylinders for awhile on Kratom before the opiate effects overtake the stimulating effects.

I barely get anything done on true opiates, but have done hours upon hours of intense thinking/reading/work on Kratom.