Weight - Kratom weight in grams for SWIY that doesn't own a scale

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Schlagzeuger, May 9, 2010.

1. Schlagzeuger

Schlagzeuger Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Generic Amounts

* 1 gram = 0.035 ounces
    * 50 grams = 1.75 ounces
    * 100 grams = 3.5 ounces

Premium Commercial Crushed Leaves

* 1 Tablespoon = 2.1 grams
    * 1 Teaspoon = 0.6 grams

Premium Commercial Powder

* 1 Tablespoon = 6.6 grams
    * 1 Teaspoon = 2.5 grams

15X Powder

* 1 Tablespoon = 10.4 grams
    * 1 Teaspoon = 3.8 grams

Kava Kava Powder (Regular)

* 1 Tablespoon = 7.2 grams
    * 1 Teaspoon = 2.6 grams

Thai Super Powder

* 1 Tablespoon = 7.6 grams
    * 1 Teaspoon = 2.6 grams

Please keep in mind that these are rough averages on LEVEL tablespoons and teaspoons. No heaping allowed!

2. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Are these measuring tablespoons and teaspoons, not cutlery items?

3. Schlagzeuger

Reputation Points:
    These are exact measurements, so yes, they are not cutlery items. Although, I believe that most regular teaspoons and tablespoons are indeed measured to the same as the measuring spoons (obviously some vary). If it would make it any quicker, I recommend comparing the regular teaspoons/tablespoons that You uses at home to the measuring ones. If you's are the same, SWIM figures that it could be more convenient to have that knowledge for "quick access" or portability.

4. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  5. Schlagzeuger

Reputation Points:
    SWIM made this, so you should find and ask him ;)

And as far as I know, Kava Kava and Kratom are just two different plants, but similar effects. Kava is more mild, I believe, and less "euphoric," but you would have to ask SWIM.

6. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My apologies, let me clarify my question.

Referring to this:
    There are six sets of measurements. I would assume since this is the kratom forum and the thread title is: "Weight - Kratom weight in grams for You that doesn't own a scale" That all of these sets of measurements would be for kratom.

However, looking at the fifth set of measurements down it is listed as "Kava Kava Powder (Regular)". I'm assuming that's referring to Kava kava powder. What about the following one? Is it safe to assume that the first 3 are referring to kratom and the last two are referring to kava?

Also, how are these amounts given related to dose for each thing???
    I think some additional information and clarification would be much appreciated.

7. arizona79

arizona79 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It seems pretty clear to SWIM. Seems like a good many my around here who enjoy kratom also enjoy kava kava and vice versa, so I'd reckon that he threw that in there for that reason, and possibly didn't want to create a new thread for two short lines of text. I believe "Thai Super Powder" is a type of kratom.

As for dosage, I think that such info would be helpful for a number of things: figuring out how much one takes at a time, dosage suggestions for newbies, eying out a dose, etc.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  8. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    The reason there is mention of Kava is that it is a cut and paste from a vendor site that sells mostly Kratom but also sells Kava.
    The weights must be relevant to the specific grind of powdered and leaf Kratom they sell so it may or may not be the same for kratom bought from other vendors who do not necessarily grind their product as fine or coarse.

Swim thinks that while it might give a rough idea of weights per measuring spoon (assuming proper measuring spoons were used) the only reliable way to be sure is to invest in a scale that measures grams, which cost very little.