Laced cannabis or just cannabis paranoia?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by voodoo child, May 6, 2007.

1. voodoo child

voodoo child Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    Last night instead of smoking the usually weed with the usual people, I went out to chill with his brother and his friends, and SWIM dropped some money on a quarter of some schwag. There was this weird brown bud in the bag that I smoked anyway. It had these weird crystal like things on them.

Anyway, a few minutes go by, and the high gets really intense and starts to be like a trip. SWIM's tripped acid quite a few times, and this was just as intense, but it was like a bad trip. Everything seemed to be the end of the world, and apparently I was acting really fucked up and his brother and his friends couldn't talk him down from it until he was just knocked out.

What would you say that odds are that I got his weed laced with something, or what are the odds he just smoked too much (about three bong hits, a few bowls, two joints, a few gas mask hits, and then the brown stuff in another J)?

2. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Re: Laced Weed or just Weed Paranoia?

Impossible to say. Did the brown bud taste any different, smoking chemical's usually has a fairly distinct taste. Could have just been very strong weed if none of swiy's friend's got anything off the brown bud. Go back to swiy's source and ask is swiy's best bet.

3. voodoo child

voodoo child Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

Thanks for the reply.

And yeah, it definitely had a weird taste. Swim passed it to one of his brother's friends and he was like "yeah dude, this shit doesn't taste right," but swim kept chiefing it until the trip-like panic attack set in x10.

Swim will probably go back to the soure, but it was from a skeevy ghetto connection, not swim's usual "safe" hook-ups... so that makes me even more suspicious it was laced.

What kind of shit is bud most commonly laced with? Swim's been smoking weed since he was a kid and hasn't run across any that freaked him out that badly.

4. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

The usual culprit added to weed for an extra kick would be PCP , but PCP laced weed is generally more expensive so it seem's fairly stupid to sell it to people for regular price's. Going to the source is the most reliable way of finding out (or maybe not if they sold You laced weed in the first place).... You could get a drug test to be sure.

5. voodoo child

voodoo child Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

Yeah, I never got why so many people claimed that laced stuff was out there. If you have PCP, why waste it on some dude's weed? Lol...

But who knows, maybe dude was just trying to fuck with a couple of kids from the suburbs?

I'm gonna just chill for now and swim just won't be buying any more from that dude.

Thanks for the insight.

6. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

As You says he has tried lsd numerous times, it could have been a flashback experience brought on by anxiety from the weed or maybe some other trigger. Did it feel very much like an acid trip?

It wouldn't make sense for weed to be laced without the dealer telling you and charging extra, plus the easiest thing to lace it with, PCP, produces pretty weird and unusual effects you would probably have noted in your posts above if You had experienced them.

7. oldfart

oldfart Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Why would someone put an expensive drug into a cheap ass one. Unless they were hoping that You would get physically addicted to the more expensive one and begin buying it. THIS, however is a RARE occourance and is almost never heard of (Again unless the dealer is primarily involved with herroine or the like and just sold you bad dope cause he could) More likely is the fact that you simply had an anxiety attack and became paranoid instead of rational. It happens, especially if there is already stress in you life from other areas. Smoking MJ does suppress some emotions and if one is stressed out already those emotions can sometimes surface as: Paranoia, anxiety, depression. While the smoking of MJ is not the direct cause it serves to supress the emotions that are the direct cause and sometimes they can emerge rather violently at times. Sorry to hear about yous experience however if You would relax more before using MJ then a repeat eppisode is less likely. TTFN

8. paranoid_android

paranoid_android Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.

I highly doubt that anyone who purchases in 7 gram bags would have the tolerance necessary to not get deliriously high after smoking as much as you said you smoked. Considering the high likelihood of you not having enough tolerance for the amount you smoked and the low likelihood of a dealer lacing some shitty brown schwag with pcp and not drastically increasing the price, I'd say this is a closed case. Next time remember that tolerance plays a critical role, and smoking beyond your point of tolerance can and will make you unpleasantly sick.

9. chAos

chAos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from belgium

If you mean, white crystal like things, it's THC :p (the thing you want in weed). So you probably just smoked some very good weed :).

Also, there is a lot of difference in taste between different strains and the time when it is harvested and how long it is dried make a difference in taste. So someone saying it doesn't taste 'right' probably means nothing :).

10. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

Different strains of cannabis of course have diffrent taste's. But a different drug entirely will have a completly distinctive taste from cannabis.

11. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Actually, seeing that it was schwag, and seeing that You was knocked out cold at some point soon after smoking (am I interpreting this correctly?), this same exact occurrence actually happened to me before, though he found out afterwards from the dealers that it was actually PCP in the weed and swim's friend who bought it simply neglected to tell him that!

Still, I am not so sure why someone would want to lace weed with something and sell it without upping the price or telling people. Thats just bad business practice.

Did swiy's brother and friend smoke any?