Effects - Lacking effects from DXM? Tolerance or fast metabolism?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by livestowrestle, Feb 11, 2007.

1. livestowrestle

livestowrestle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok so I went out and bought a thing of robitussin cough gels, SWIM's wanted to do dxm for quite some time now so SWIM finally bought some, well tonight, he did take 20 gelcaps, and got nothing, he didnt even get a feeling of bein drunk, SWIM: 170 lbs and 20 gelcaps is 300 mg so he was sure he'd get something outta it, anyone got anything to help (other than the obvious of take more) cause SWIM never done dxm before so 300 mgs shoulda done something!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2007
  2. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o
    Re: not getting a trip

Swim also experienced this phenomena.. however it was only once. It was also with a bottle of 20 robitussin cough gels w 15mg dxm each. He did not log what variables.. ie. diet, cross-tolerance, etc.. however one thing odd was there was no previous dxm in his system for over a year. Approx 3 weeks later the same experiment was done with 15 pills and everything was a go. All in all I has only experienced dxm a handful of times but, yes pot + dxm is a synergy like no other... however the double vision during a dxm experience always makes mes space out his dxm trips very liberaly.

3. livestowrestle

livestowrestle Newbie

Reputation Points:

thanks guys, ya I should have posted that smarter (thanks dip). but when I posted SWIM message, I took them about a hour and 15 minutes before posting, so I would think that id get something happening. I am gunna try it next weekend and maybe switch to syrup see if that is any different. SWIM really wants to try this shit cuase it sounds awesome as hell. I do have one question, should SWIM try and up the dose to maybe 400mg? or 500?

4. Nacumen

Nacumen Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Try closing your eyes, listening to music, etc.

SWIM's first DXM 'trip' was with 120 mg, and virtually the only time he could feel it was when his eyes were closed and he was listening to music. But don't let that fool you - the experience is very enjoyable even at low doses.

Here's a link to a calculator that will give you a good idea of how much DXM you's going to need for his desired trip: http://www.dextroverse.org/whatis.html

You should do supplementary reading about the different plateaus though. The summary given on that site is quite insufficient, as I'm sure anyone here will tell you. The calculator however is indispensible; I use it before any DXM trip.

Oh, and don't forget to check out DXM-Space. When you close your eyes and walk around, you feel like Neo after Smith blinded him - you can no longer see with your eyes, but you see everything nevertheless. Just be careful when you do this - you could run into something and REALLY lose your sight.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  5. livestowrestle

livestowrestle Newbie

Reputation Points:

thanks, never thought of that, I will definatlay try that if I dont feel anything next time, man SWIM loves this site, all you people rock

6. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o

Swim advises strongly against attempting a plateau jump without being firmiliar with the full effects from even a pre-plateaud dose... (somewhere inbetween threshold and achieving a full on 1st plateau experience, which for a 75 kg individual would be approx 100 - 150 mg). Swim also says says don't get discouraged, as he finds dxm to be a very tricky substance to predict, and nearly always has drastically different effects with very similar doses. One interesting note is that I am positive dxm actually works very very differently when his body is invaded by a virus or the like, as doses as small as 100 mg when I am truley sick, produces effects more akin to the sedation / euphoria from a opiate/marijuana combination, where as the normal effects (without combining pot and dxm [which is a must btw] are really nothing more than auditory hallucinations, double vision, and slight empathogenic qualities.

And the short version: Try again with 250 - 300 mg. Then if that doesn't work go lick the elevator call buttons of ur local hospital till ya get yourself something, and try again. Or go balls out and try 500 mg... it's your body, but if you go this route, at least check out the above mentioned sites in nacumens post to know what you're getting into. And get accustomed the the various plateau dosages.

7. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.

Swim thought he had DXM mastered with his assorted 2nd plateau experiences, and felt very in control. Then he upped it into the upper 3rd plateau and it kicked his ass probably harder than any drug he ever took. DXM is very unpredictable in dosage effects just because its pharmacologically active at five different receptor sites.

8. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Did You eat soon before dosing? This can slow the absorption rate significantly. I recommend trying 300 mgs again (on a near empty stomach), since You clearly isn't allergic or extremely sensitive to DXM.

9. roryDXM

roryDXM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

I take that much when he wants to go out and party. I say hes never hallucinated on 300 mg's but he will get some cev's if he listents to good music. he only weighs 135 lbs though.

10. Scarlet1134

Scarlet1134 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

So if it doesn't work twice what would you suggest then? I tried it twice, once with 120 mg, got nothing, then drank an entire four ounce bottle and still nothing, after three hours, on a mostly empty stomach as well... Should it work on everyone or what?

11. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

If You is in SWIM's timezone, then he dosed at around midnight. When SWIM take drugs PO too late at night, he seems to get no effects at all. He seems to get his strongest results on an empty stomach in the morning or around 18:00(6:00PM).

12. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Not Getting a Trip (DXM)

Does any other You have the same experience with taking their dosage too late at night?

13. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

My friend I haven't noticed any trouble tripping during the darker hours. DXM seems suited to it more than most drugs due to the fact that visuals are much stronger in the dark or with eyes closed.

On the other hand, I am also a night owl by nature and rarely goes to sleep before 3am or wakes before noon. Perhaps it's not the hour that matters, but how many hours one has been awake.

livestowrestle: 300mg is not a very strong dose for a 170lbs person. 170lbs is around 77kg, which means 300mg would be 3.9 mg/kg. This is barely the 2nd plateau - my friend I find that he doesn't get really good visuals until around 10mg/kg, which in your friend's case would be 770mg.

It was wise of your friend to start low, however. He should try upping the dose 100mg at a time until he finds a level he likes. Just tell him not to experiment more than once a week or so. And not to be scared when he goes from double-vision to chaotic blindness during his trip; this too shall pass. :)

ECL

14. livestowrestle

livestowrestle Newbie

Reputation Points:

swim thanx You for the info, but I had another question/problem, tonite I took a whole bottle (3oz) of Delysm, it has the DXM poly stuff in it so its 30 mg for every 5 ml, theres 89 ml so I took 534 mg of dxm in all. SWIM GOT NO EFFECTS AT ALL, nothing, not even a little of anything. swim tried listening to music, got nothing. swim weight 171 lbs so its about 77 kg. I am just wondering if someone could be sorta immune to dxm, cause its 2 failed trials, and I amnt lookin to trip hardcore and hallucinate yet, just wanna see some effects. I took this after not eating for 6 hours and took it at around 10 to midnight, its now 1245 and I has not gotten anything and its almost an hour later. could this have anything to do with I used to be sorta addicted to pain killers? SWIM NEEEEEEDS HELP!

15. Nacumen

Nacumen Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Keep waiting. It will come. Delsym takes a very long time to kick in. When it started kicking in for SWIM, I had assumed that he was actually coming down at that point, but boy was he wrong. It was only the beginning. Tell You to hang in there. Even if You crashes asleep now, You will be tripping balls in his dreams soon enough.

16. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o

If the addiction was recent then yes You should have mentioned that earlier. I don't know the direct correlation it might have but dxm definetly potentiates opiates. More info like last opiate usage , etc.. would be helpful, any other drugs used need to be adressed as well.

17. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Please read the FAQ. DXM Polistirex is extended release-- this means this DXM will not onset as soon as DXM HBr. So, some DXM metabolizes, while some DXM hasn't (yet).

Most DXM Polistirex experiences (of course, this is subjective to dose taken) have a very long onset, a mellow high, and a long come down. You shouldn't be too surprised that after dosing DXM Polistirex s/he didn't have a similar experience to those often reported by DXM HBr users.

18. theonlydann

theonlydann Newbie

Reputation Points:

well... I am gonna try Zicammax tonight for the first time ever... DXM first time also... so pray for the best... Cuz I am bored.

19. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

There is a particular enzyme associated with DXM metabolism. The DXM FAQ goes into detail about this. A small percentage of the population have a less-efficient version of this enzyme; an even smaller percentage have multiple copies of it.

From the FAQ:

It's possible that the subject in question is one of the fast-metabolizers, in which case DXM probably won't do anything for them. Upping the dose to try and break through could be a very bad idea, but I can't say that for certain.

Given the new information about the painkiller angle, however, makes me even more concerned about the subject of these experiments. A previous, conquered addiction is nothing to worry about, but concurrent use of painkillers and DXM most certainly is. If the painkillers in question are opiates, the DXM user could be putting himself in serious danger. Please read the thread below:

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/24596

ECL

1. 3/5,
      informative post-- keep it up
      Feb 20, 2007
  20. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:

Well Smurf has yet to "Trip" off DXM. Has gone as high as 900mg(his third time) with no effects at the start of his DXM experiences. It seemed he needed preping. Getting his body familiar with the substance before it actually had a good effect. Now he gets ok effects with 711mg, but hasn't wanted to waste his money on buying more to get a greater effect. Feels he could buy something better at that point. He gets effects that are somewhat like doing XtC does, but really really weak(Music sounds nice, danceing is ok and very slight euphoria with no empathy and all the other good stuff MdMA brings, also a strange slight feeling as if one side of his body is being pushed down...not like being drunk but does effects one ability to walk..Smurf enjoys it though, but doesn't get it everytime he has taken DXM.) Smurf just wants to find some pure DXM powder, so then he can hopefully enjoy the true powers of DXM.

Not sure why, maybe it was building up receptors in the brain? But also Smurf always needs alot more of a certain substance then most, which doesn't help matters. Smurf"ET isn't the only one to have this problem. Smurf still has this problem, seems like most OTC drugs for Smurf, has had this problem with all of them. Smurf can only suggest gradually doseing up, but never over doing it since who knows what can happen.(Also doing it over time, preping unless one just gives up, Smurf likes drugs to much and finally found a break throuh) DXM is a dissociative, so once it does hit you...you want to be ready. You may never trip, but you can never be to safe. But always can be sorry. Also Smurf found Marijuana to semi enhance the DXM effects but also destroy them at the same time.?

Anyways, happy to see Smurf isn't the only one who has experienced this. Very frustrateing.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007