Overdose - ld50 for valium or zopiclone?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by tre2005be, Jul 26, 2006.

1. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  2. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    According to this site ld50 of diazepam is 720mg/kg in mice and 1240mg/kg in rats.
    Please note that since ld50s apply to animals they are not a good way to determine a safe/fatal dose in humans.

3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  4. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    so if swim weighed 75 kg I would have to ingest 54000mg of valium to die if he was a mouse or 108000 if he was a rat

5. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    No. He would have to ingest that much to have a 50% chance of dying. The ld50 is the dosage which is lethal to 50% of subjects. Similarly the ld10 would be the dosage lethal to 10% of subjects. To be sure that he would die he would have to ingest the ld100.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  6. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  7. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    Bear in mind that this data is only useful if You is a suicidal rat who owns a pharmacy!

8. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am a suicidal rat that unfortunately does not own a pharmacy. consider yourself lucky.

9. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Please talk to someone. The Samaritans are good. They are worldwide, 24/7, non-judgemental sounding posts. They have been emminently helpful to SWIJ in the past.

Life is/can be beautiful. Please think of that.

PM J if you need.

1. 4/5,
      thank you for your concern , it was greatly appreciated
      Jul 28, 2006
  10. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    As Jatelka says Suicide is really not a fair option to anyone but ultimately its you's choice.

But before You does go through with suicide, just remember that it's the cowards way out. Think of all the people you leave behind when you kill yourself that will mourn and cry and possibly screw up their entire life because of it. WHen you choose to commit suicide you kill everyone who cares and loves you too. People like your family and friends. SWIF knows as he was once there many years ago and choose against it. SWIF has been through a hell of alot from sexual abuse, to death of a close friend and although at the time it seems like the worst thing in the world SWIF can honestly say that now he is in a very good place and each traumatic experience makes him stronger and stronger.

Ultimately it's your decision...
    But make sure you know and understand the reprecussions before you do it.

Oh and lastly Benzodiazepines are not a good choice for a drug of suicide as they notoriously require large dosages to be lethal.

Hope what i said helped if you want to talk feel free to PM me.

11. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    its ok i'm fine. i will find a way. today doesnt seem as bad as yesterday. I was glad there were no drugs in the house. i know its the most selfish thing i could possible do to commit suicide. the thought of my friends and familys grief is the reason i didnt do anythin. thanks for the concern, i will get through this one way or another.

1. 5/5,
      Good to see you're OK, was worried last night. Hope you can get through whatever it is thats wrong
      Jul 27, 2006
  12. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    I was very worried when I saw your posts last night. I even PMd a mod about it.
    Glad to see your OK

13. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    yes i got unnerved by these threads too. no matter whats going on though, your friends and family are there for you. try talking to them, or to a professional. theres no shame in seeking them out and oftentimes they can be a great help. pm me if you'd like, i could probably give some more suggestions! maybe also consider staying away from any drugs for a couple weeks...especially anything thats a depressant like painkillers or benzos. it will give your brain chemistry time to get back to normal which oftentimes can be a great asset in feeling better. take care of yourself ok?

14. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    thank you for the concern people. i will find a way through, i'm just going through a very bad time, and that was a very bad night. i will find a way through, i've done it before and i will do it again.

15. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    okay, good to hear. swim just gets a bit alarmed over things like this because he lost his best friend to an OD a few months ago. but be strong and dont be afraid to seek out help even if its just from a friend, you dont have to find your way through alone =]

16. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i just need to do a bit of soul searching and i should be fine.

17. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    excellent. i apologize if i came off as nosy, but i do wish you the best, and perhaps keep us posted as to how youre doing as your situation unfolds?

18. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    it didn't seem like you were coming off as nosy at all. i will keep you up to date on whatever there is to keep you up to date on. i am thinking about seing a counceler or therapist.

19. carebare47

carebare47 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Sorry, I know this is an ancient thread (if this is innapropriate due to it being so old then please delete this), but I just read through it and was wondering how the last few years had been for you. PM me if you ever fancy a chat, I've been through similar and got out the other side of it, things are going really well for me and I hope that they are going well for you too. =)

20. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Imperial Wizzard Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany, Federal Republic of
    carebare47,

I fear you won't get an answer from the OP because he is banned from the forum. You can see such things when you are looking at the line below the user name.

Good that you are out of such thoughts, though.

TBBW