1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Legal Alternatives to Mushrooms?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Yoweedman, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Yoweedman

Yoweedman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    19 y/o
    Hey! AFOAF tried shrooms a couple months ago and it greatly helped his/her depression and anxiety EXTREMELY for months after. Plus they had a GREAT time and loved every second of it. Well my question is , is there a legal alternative to mushrooms In the U.S? If so what is it and has anyone you know ever tried it?

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    Re: Legal alternative to mushrooms?!?

There are dozens of research chemicals available these days, some are hallucinogenic, i have no idea what is legal or available in the US though, i would also imagine that legality changes state to state.
    The problem with these chemicals is not a lot is known about them, hence the 'research' moniker.

Other alternatives would be certain ethnobotanicals, like LSA containing seeds. If you go to the Ethnobotanical forum you will find sections on LSA seeds and plenty of information on how to use them and what their effects are like (good and bad)
    Many are available legally although are not sold legally for human consumption, so you can own them but not use them. :)
    Look up Morning glory seeds and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds.
    You will have to check your local laws again yourself.

You will also find information on Cacti that contain Mescaline in the Ethnobotanical section, these are also worth looking into.

Get reading, this is a great site full of amazing information just waiting for you to discover.

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:

Why not just get mushrooms illegally? Or get spores and grow them?

4. fishfish1

fishfish1 Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I was going to advise LSA as well.
    There are lots of places that ship morning glory/hawaiian baby woodrose seeds. I've never taken them myself but I read that they are similar to shrooms, as they are hallucinogens as well.

Also, magic TRUFFLES are legal some places. They're, in fact, identical to shrooms; they contain the same substance - psylocibin. I know they are legal in the Netherlands, but you should do research on your state.

Also, salvia divinorum is something that is legal in the US (I think), although it's not quite like shrooms, but it can be a heavy trip if that's what you're going for.

5. Yoweedman

Yoweedman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    19 y/o

I can't find real shrooms. Anywhere near me and I don't have a good location to grow. Or do I have the equipment. Thanks for the replies but I was hoping there was like "synthetic mushrooms" or something like that. Because my research on LSA seeds usually ended up with people getting sick during the come up and / or the come down . thank you all for the replies. I'm new to the site and I love ALL drugs. Lol just saying

Yoweedman added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Except crack and meth lol but that's off topic

Yoweedman added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Truffles are not legal where I'm at sadly. I'm thinking about salvia. If I do get some I'll let y'all know.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  6. doesit

doesit Silver Member

Reputation Points:

synthetic mushrooms - id be vary of taking such sort of RCs,not because they dont work,but mainly given lack of any research done on them,since chemicals used are little known,and differ quite a lot from real deal,so you still might experience tripping and what not,but id imagine it wouldnt produce anything good long term.

that said can you share how much and what type you took for first time and how it helped with anxiety long term ?

Since i know theres a lot of evidence that supports psycolobin to help with depression and mood issues for people long term just after taking it once or so.

Also you said you tried them couple times-so with little research you might find out do these grow in your area by any chance or can be grown at home-not that im saying do it,since theres a lot of learning one needs to do before getting out hunting.

7. theplantshaman

theplantshaman Newbie

Reputation Points:

mescaline cactus

8. WashedCNDL

WashedCNDL Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Try maybe looking into research studies you could get into that are using psilocybin?

I wouldn't trust research chemicals to produce the same results. Neither would I trust salvia to do that for most people.

Going to a peyote (mescaline) retreat in a state like Arizona allows you to legally trip if you use the "for religious purposes" law

As another poster said, you could look for them in nature. I don't know how that jives with your ethics but it's a bit different than buying...use online forums and detailed pictures and information to help you identify mushrooms

9. Yoweedman

Yoweedman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    19 y/o
    I'm just paranoid Ima pick the wrong ones and die

10. Adas

Adas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o Male
    Wow people. You can do better than suggesting LSA. Seriously. It can not even be compared to real psilocybin trip, and it's heavy on the body and mind. I mean there are some similarities, but psilocybin is like 1000x smoother. LSA seeds increase blood pressure and heart rate too much, among other things. Whoever suggests them as a good alternative to real psychedelics, have not experienced real psychedelics. If you're still willing to try it, just be aware of the dangers please. I know from experience that there can never be enough emphasis on the dangers. I've paid the price.

In case 4-AcO-DMT is still legal, that's the closest you can get. Otherwise you might try 1P-LSD, that is supposedly still legal in most countries. Cannabis can be slightly psychedelic, oleamide could do if you knew how to activate it. Oleamide should also potentiate psychedelics (but don't quote me on that).