Legal MDMA

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Powder_Reality, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    May 2006 marked the 20 anniversary since MDMA was made illegal in the United States. I was wondering if anybody remembers what the ecstasy culture was like back then when it was still legal compared to the glow stick rave scene of today? I am also interested in what You thought about the effects of pharmaceutical grade MDMA in comparison to the stuff being made in clandestine labs today. Any insight into the subject would be appreciated.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The MDMA in use by the psychotherapeutic community, prior to the ban, was not synthesized by any large pharmaceutical firm. It was made by chemists contracted to do so by this community. So it was around 99%+ - same as good quality crystal is today if one has a good source.

When it was legal, and the precursors were not heavily watched as they are today, it was quite easy for a competent organic chemist to produce with little financial outlay. Thus it appeared quickly in the drug-culture in large quantities. Then all hell broke loose and the government propagande machine began churning out their pack of lies and scare-tactics.

3. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    My mistake. But I am much more interested in hearing first hand accounts of what the ecstasy culture was like during the 1984 to 1986 era when it was becoming popular and could be legally bought at bars and various other sources. It would be interesting to hear what the legal ecstasy scene was like in comparison to the rave scene of today from people who lived through it.

4. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    I saw this 1980's or early 1990's video documentary on it. Someone else must have seen it. Perhaps it was linked to from this forum...

There was a part about how people in Texas would do it on parties where they sometimes even met their own parents who were also having a good time on E.

brb, searching...

found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt6PHhOZ32g&search=mdma

someone tell me if this works.

1. 4/5,
      Excellent link by a well reputable member with lots of informative posts.
      Jun 24, 2006
  5. jbmac

jbmac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am "lucky" enough to be old enough to remember MDMA back when
    it was legal, it's a safe love drug, makes you feel great, euphoria.
    That's why the government made it illegal, it really didn't hurt you
    when you took controlled amounts in safe areas. I have not
    tried the new stuff - but bets it's far riskier now, as being illegal
    increases the price, lowers the quality, and raises the risks of
    it.

6. hyperlite

hyperlite Newbie

Reputation Points:

I'm just a baby......but I would imagine that back in the day, it would be more like a love/make-out/euphoria fest in the clubs (kind of like a lot of bars look now after everyone has gotten good and liquored up).....With the introduction of speed/meth into pills, you've got your typical candy-ravers

7. Loveheartshapedrock

Loveheartshapedrock Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Its now been 30 years. Look at all the kids who have died because they had no idea of the purity, took to much or took another less safe chemical thinking it was mdma.

Look at all the people who have moved on to heavier drugs when their supply of mdma was disrupted or thinking they were taking mdma.

MDMA is peaceful drug that makes people happy. Its a fun social drug.

Why is it MDMA is illegal while Alcohol (An extremely hard drug) kills large numbers of people and creates dangerous drunk behavior is legal.

I know people who have been killed while drunk, injured while drunk, many people who have been raped, molested, assulted by drunk people. I know people who have woken up after a night drinking having been involved in someone elses death with no recollection of the event at all. Almost everyone I know who has been really drunk regreted at least some of their behaviour.

IMO in comparrison MDMA is a superior recreational social drug in every way. Especially for young adults prone to stupid behavior.

I hope we see the end of drug prohibition before another 10 years goes by. Especially softer/safer drugs should be legalised with sensible regulation.

Drug prohibition madness making the world less safe with every year its imposed.

I only ever had a great time with molly. I gave up drinking, never made decisions I regreted, danced all night and had meaningful conversations.

Prohibition makes Mdma dangerous, MDMA could easily be regulated better than alcohol to prevent increases in use/deaths. For example they could make people get a licence to buy. Licence could require a short course on safety, a health check and first use to be in a monitored environment.

8. Theko

Theko Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Riven
    Agreed,

The fact is the vast majority like 98% of deaths caused by MDMA since it was made illegal would have been avoided.
    MDMA stands out to me as one of the huge failers of drug prohibition.
    In Dallas when MDMA become very popular and many people began using it in a positive social way in the city for about 7 years,
    there is only 1 confirmed reported case of an MDMA related death in all that time, and that was only a related death, MDMA was not reported as the direct cause.
    In that 7 years, there would have been 100's of thousands of doses taken.
    Later the rave scene appeared and people used MDMA again as a positive social drug.

The point i'm trying to make is the public have only ever used MDMA in a positive way, and the doctors who were saddened by the governements laws in 1985 which prevented MDMA from being used as a medical drug,
    were also only aiming to use MDMA in a positive way.

The only people how ever aimed to use MDMA in a negative way are the government themselves,
    Because in 1952 it is know that the miltary were testing MDMA on animals, and the consensus is the reason they were doing this was for research into chemical warefare.

So who are the ones that were really committing a crime when it comes to MDMA?
    The people of Dallas using it socially in the city,
    The ravers using it for love and peace at music events.

Or the Military and the government who thought MDMA could possibly be used as a weapon?

9. Loveheartshapedrock

Loveheartshapedrock Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    So true.

Those in power must realise prohibition is increasing problems and spreading drug use.

I'm in Australia we have progressed our drug problems at a steady rate. We now have a Meth epidemic.

12 months the reported number of users has gone from 250,000 to 350,000 they now import it by the ton (evidenced by the latest bust)

Anecdotally MDMA and Marijuana were the main drug used by kids experimenting with party drugs 10-15 years ago. Amphetimines & cocaine were available easily too too but purity was generally low and they were fairly soft highs in smaller amounts and when compared to a mdma pill... there was no comparrion.

ICE (meth) was rare ... I heard a few stories of it but even the hard core amphetimine users I knew hadn't really seemed to put together that ICE was the uncut crystalised form of their drug of choice. I know there is variation in types of amphetimine but IMO Meth was the base of most of the amphetimines I tried back then.

I remember a girl who got her drugs directly off a cook... I saw it and now recognise that it was ICE. She joked that no one she knew could get it pure... that everyone anyone else would be getting it mixed 1:10 with dextrose.

I've stopped using but have watched Prohibition act like compound interest on drug problems over the last 15 years.

They identify drug dealers...spend a fortune to catch them in the act then lock them up in tax payer funded criminal university with other drug dealers, murderers, thieves.

As they network and learn from each others mistakes move up the criminal food chain. Their vacancy has creates a high paying job opportunity for the next under privledged person willing to cross the line.

Drugs are more pure, more readily available now because there are so many more people who know how to buy/import/manufacture.

Thats why amphetimines are not cut anymore. Its basic rule of competition... the more suppliers there are tge better the price and the quality.

Meanwhile softer drugs like MDMA with its hard to get, easier to monitor precursor, sassafrass oil, is becoming harder to get.

The drugs were softer and the culture around drugs was so much healthier than what similar kids are living now 10 years later.

We could have stopped the ICE epidemic before it happened by legalising MDMA and low purity amphetimines 10 years ago. They could have used the tax to create jobs, pay for rehab and harm reduction and education.

Drug prohibition is just madness.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017