Legality of Poppy Powder

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by Axel, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Axel

Axel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone know if poppy powder (obtained from a blender), is equivalent to a narcotic in terms of transportation across borders?

I'm currently in an African country where you can get that powder legally, but I'm quite worried about carrying it in my luggage while visiting Europe and America.

2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    It's hard to tell for sure, but I would say one could be prosecuted for carrying this stuff. The powder contains morphine, codeine and thebaine, controlled substances of couse. Carrying a powder that carries these substances could probably land most anyone in serious trouble if caught. It's not like your carrying poppies for decoration here. Furthermore, what excuse would You have to possess the powder besides You was planning on consuming it, which would be a crime?

3. kemistudent

kemistudent Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I agree, carrying a powder with you across ANY border, or anywhere for that matter will always attract unwanted attention.. you don't want to go to jail in a foreign land, that would pretty much suck. Your much better off doing whatever you planned to do with it, reduce the volume, and lube up your bum.

4. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Or he could just order some poppies when he gets back home... Lets not get extreme here!