Less effects with non XR adderall?

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by Nahbus, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So SWIM obtained 4x 10mg adderall pills. They seemed like they were wet, or the coating was sucked off (they were white, I believe they should be yellow. Thats what the pill ID says.)
    Anyway, yesterday I snorted one 10mg - had slight mood lift, loss of fatigue... nothing special at all. Later in the night he swallowed another 10mg with no effects.
    This morning he snorted 20mg (the rest) of them with very subtle effects.
    When I takes a 20mg XR, though... he's striaght up WIRED for hours upon hours. This makes no sense to SWIM. 20mg released throughout the day rips him up, yet 20mg in one blow (no pun intended) doesnt do much?
    What's the deal?
    Could they have been tempered with? I mean, even if the coating was washed off, that wouldn't really do much to the pills, would it?
    I am pretty confused.

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    thats really weird, for swim its the opposite! xr will barely give him a subjective effect, even when its crushed up and railed or parachuted, but with the instant release he will feel the high. washing the coating off shouldnt have done that much to them.

3. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah I think it's weird, too. Is there any cross tolerance with methylphenidate? He has done that on a few occasions, but not really much to build up a tolerance.
    I did just clean his room and get some things done, it's just very subtle. Maybe SWIM just needs a higher dose next time (which doesn't make sense when one 20mg XR spun him for a loong time, and then snorted another 20mg XR many hours after. It was amazing. Figured 20mg in one quick shot would have done a lot more!)

4. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    there should be a bit of cross tolerance with methylphenidate...they both inhibit dopamine reuptake. actually their mechanism of action is pretty much the same, its just that adderall binds the reuptake receptors a bit better, which accounts for the stronger effects.

so maybe a slightly higher dose would work well. 20 mg is what swim needs with no tolerance to feel anything, so maybe 30 mg would be more on the mark.

5. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yes. It's too bad, though. SWIM rarely ever can find them, and he wasted his 4 assuming he could get away with taking 20mg and 20mg.
    He said he does feel this 20mg. Subtle, but he definately wants more, he just wants to hit that spot.
    Anyway, SWIM heard it's a bad idea to take methylphenidate and amphetamine at the same time? He may be able to get some ritalin at some point today. I am getting some shit done that he hasn't gotten around to do yet, which is good :)

6. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    the major risks of combining methylphenidate and amphetamine would probably be similar to taking too much of one or the other, swim imagines. they'd likely have a synergistic effect with one another, which could be good or bad depending on how much You takes, I am guessing. but dont take swim's words as gospel because he hasnt actually mixed them before. but by the time You gets ritalin, itd probably be safe to take, assuming 6 hours or so have passed. by then the adderall should be out of swiy's system.

7. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, SWIM assumed it'd be aright. He read a thread where one person claimed they cancelled each other out. Expect more typage later :)

8. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    If theres indeed some synergy, I am expecting A LOT more typage =]

9. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yippidy yip, tappiday yap, yes siree Bob, I had made the track!
    SWIM received 10x 10mg Methylphenidate (Ritalin, little tiny 'D' shaped white pills). Anyway, he snorted one every couple hours, ended up having 40mg (insufflated in 10mg doses). Definately a very fun time. I am still iffy about the comedown. Definately a "shit my gotta do another one NOW" kind of feeling. But when my girlfriend was saying how my hands were really cold (I am sick, by the way) and my forehead hot, SWIM figured he had enough. Took 5mg valium, didn't do all that much. On the way home he took 10mg of Valium and smoked a bowl and made the shit comedown turn into a very nice, smooth and relaxing energy fade-out. SWIM still feels pretty wired, which sucks because he should be getting up for work in like 6-7 hours.
    I don't see how he will sleep. MORE BONGS FOR SWIM :)
    Anyway, now I am torn between Methylphenidate and Adderall. He's gotta try a higher dose of that. I dont like how short methylphenidate is. It's strange, says SWIM, it's like it doesn't last long, but You still feel it there... just not 'man I'm gonna spill out stories and be social'. Almost the opposite. I will prolly only use this on occassion as it is sort of edgy, it is decently euphoric and makes me very very excited to talk to people about any subject. He'll spill it all.
    Well, SWIM definately enjoys this drug and is glad he has Valium for the comedowns. Otherwise he would kind of think it sucks, for the comedown alone.
    God damn, someone tell SWIM to stop typing already!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  10. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    I would reccomend that if You can find it, dextro-methylphenidate is preferable to regular methylphenidate (which has both the dextro and levo isomers in it.) its under the trade name focalin xr. it feels a bit better, its not as tweaky at the peak and the comedoen is a bit milder. but like You says about methylphenidate, its really short acting. when crushing up the beads to make lines one of my friends referred to it as coke-alin because of the brief high. but something about getting rid of the levo- isomer makes it alot more gentle. in fact, I didnt even need a benzo for the comedown and he's a lightweight when it comes to stimulants.

11. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmm, doubting SWIM can get anything like that. What's it in?
    SWIM'd love to try that!
    It seems like, I say, its the kind of drug you 'need' to do untill the end of the night. Social-wise, really. If You needs to get stuff I would assume it would be effective. I think I said he had more intent focus to get shit done with Adderall.
    Well, either way, I like them both. Adderall, for SWIM, is better, but Methylpdenidate is quite fun.
    (haha, good to see you directly back again :))

12. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am worried about sleep. I feel the need to stay up and just... be o_O. Maybe get like 1/3 of something done and kind of drift off to something else that pops up. Hah.
    Nice for SWIM to have more pills for work tomorrow:D.

13. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    only brand name ive seen is focalin, not sure its generic yet...its definitely in the US though. it may be rare though, to be honest I has only seen it one place. maybe its one of those things that is still under many doctor's radars to prescribe... but its marketed for ADD I believe.

and I would agree that it has to be done til the end of the night! on the rare occasion I do stimulants he feels that from the moment he starts, he must have enough to avoid the crash. and a bit for the next day to help wake up since its a given that he wont sleep well. somehow though the magic has left for him, from coke to adderall to methylphenidate, so he mostly just uses them when he absolutely has to get something done.

haha good to see you back too, this conversation is making me think alot about the individual responses to stimulants, swims wonder why they differ? and why the 'magic' could be lost for swim, even when he takes breaks?

14. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's hilarious. I had the same story. Used to do a lot of coke, way too much, then kind of chilled for a year, smoke weed and did acid and whatnot. Then I got into Hydrocodones and Adderall when they were very abundant. It has pretty much stopped. Can't find them for the life of me.
    Once in a while he comes across them and is pleased. A new source of methylphenidate has arrived, once in a while. Not steady.
    But yeah he's been doing that, he says.

He always goes through like trip phases, downer phases, stimulant phases (which are never good for SWIM in the long run, really). I am pretty excited with that 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzoink!' and sometimes binges. I think now he's smarter with it though.

Man I could go on forever.. about SWIM. He's gonna try and sleep. Perhaps he will be back.

Peace.

15. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    yeah, swim definitely had a big run with the yayo for about 6-7 months of last year. a very productive time for swim, since he was never at a loss for substances of all types, and could simply switch from one to the other as he saw fit. but stimulants seem to cause more negative feelings for swim than other drugs. even methylphenidate can give him a semi-depressed comedown and desire to do more, even if he doesnt particularly enjoy the feeling of methylphenidate itself! that right there is a sign of how addictive these things can be. regardless though, swim wishes You luck in getting some rest!

16. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    very correct. Ok, I am gonna stop hitting refresh in all these goddam tabs and go to sleep. heh. oi vey!
    Ohhhhhh, SWIM.

17. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    someday swim's going to do an experiment with adderall where he takes about 30 mg, and then sees how many times he hits the "new posts" tab in an hour. it will be like a lab rat hitting the food lever in a skinner box.

18. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    side note. On the short duration... kind of seems like the valium brought SWIM back up in a very... "feather" like grace. It's very nice... just not hours before work!
    Ok. Cig, then bed. peace.

(good thing hitting "User CP" or "New Posts" doesn't shock You through the mouse!)

19. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have tried Focalin. He found it to be quite good, and did some of his friends' homework for them :crazy

Very motivational, though not as intense a feeling as addy.

To people interested in non-recreational use of adderall I just uploaded some files to the archive. You can find them here ---> https://drugs-forum.com/forum/local_links.php?catid=58#linkid949

20. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    did swiBaj feel that it lacked some of the negative tweaky effects of regular adderall and methylphenidate? I find that its (mostly) the case with focalin that the ride is a bit easier.