Combinations - Level 4 & 5 Mushroom Trip with a MAOI

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Amisten, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Amisten

Amisten Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    As stated by the shroomery

Level 4
    Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking to you, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out of body experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.

Level 5
    Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measurable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satori enlightenment (and other such labels).

Now here is the question. I have eaten a lot of mushrooms in his time and loved just about every minute of it but has never seen these levels. He's eaten as little as 1.5 and all the way to 7.0. Now on his last trip (7.0) he had not tripped for a good month and at peak entered pure bliss and he's body became a complete liquid. But as for the voices, OBEs, Blending of the senses, etc...nothing...some breathing, melting and some flowers did turn into Venus fly traps but that was it. Now I don't think he can stomach any more than 7 grams...maybe 8. So he was wondering is there any way he can reach these levels without increasing his dose? Besides pot...maybe a MAOI? I've herd this might help...

Thanx for the help guys

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  2. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    MAOI's do work, but you have to be careful, as there are many drugs and
    foods (like cheese and alcohol) that you need to avoid when using them.
    Otherwise, you will not have a very good time. Syrian Rue (harmine) is
    one of the ones most commonly used with shrooms. If you want to try it,
    definitely research all the precautions and shit in depth, as there are many.

Needless to say, the level 5 trip is a very powerful and life changing
    experience.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  3. Amisten

Amisten Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Good god thats alot to stomach man. Ok, so I have researched alot of the combo of MAOIs and mushrooms and I have a list of what to avoid while on it. I've actualy been studying this combo for some time but I want to get some personal thoughts. Something I can't really find is the dossage of MAOIs to take. Say I have 3.5g, do you ,or anyone for that matter, have a good idea how much Syrian Rue to take for a first time? I've found somewhere saying 3g of Syrian Rue would do the job but thats all I can find. Thank you for the help :)

4. Phungushead

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Supposedly 3g of Syrian Rue will give full MAO inhibition... take that 45min -
    1 hour before the shrooms. I would recommend trying 3g Rue+2g shrooms
    or something like that to see how you react to the combo. Rue changes
    the feeling of the trip (there are some weird reports out there), and there
    are a lot of people who don't like the effects.

5. Amisten

Amisten Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Yeah, the more and more I read the experiences, the more it turns me away from it or at least for this trip. This trip a friend of mine has been planning to do alone. Now normally he does 7g but to his dismay he only has half that, 3.5g. So in a effort to "make due" with what he had, he was going to try the Syrian Rue combo. After seeing that it seems to lead to a lot of physical difficulties, such as walking and standing, he thinks this might not be a good alone trip. Maybe choose this trip when a good guardian is watching over him. Not to mention he does not like to vomit..especially when tripping..

Two last question...as for the vomiting. Do you find stomach discomfort when ever taking Syrian Rue? It seems to effect some people and then others not at all. Do you think maybe the ones it effects have not taken the precautions of avoiding the tyramine foods or just it being the mushrooms that irritate them? They never say anything about it in there trip reports

also

Do you think it would be a good idea to try Syrian Rue by itself before combining the two? Would this help get a feel or is the synergy completely different the just mushrooms and MAIOs alone. Myself I've never taken a MAIO so I'm not sure from reading the trip reports if you would need to do this.

Thank you for your help. Erowid and such places don't offer alot of info on this drug or about its combo even.

6. Phungushead

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Yeah, Syrian Rue does tend to increase nausea, especially when combined
    with shrooms (rue alone can cause this). I don't think it has a whole lot
    to do with the tyramine foods, as my understanding on this is that eating
    the 'forbidden foods' on MAOI's usually won't make you puke as much as it
    gives you a really bad headache. I agree with ya though, there need to be
    more good tripreports on this. And that puking while tripping sucks.

You could try rue on its own... I've never done it, and don't really have a
    great desire to. There are people who really liked it, and people who really
    hated it. It seems that higher doses are anticholinergic and cause really
    bad nausea. If you get the dose right, it's supposed to be pretty trippy -
    weird visuals and stuff. May be worth trying for the experience. :D

7. Amisten

Amisten Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I might have to pick some Syrian Rue and try it on its own at some point. I take St. John's wort quite often but I know its a mild MAOI compared to Syrian Rue.

Back to Level 4 and 5 trips though. What can you (or anyone) tell me about a Nitrous combo? I know this could be capable of landing someone in that range. But this seems to lack in information just as much as the MAOI combo. Does the boost only last 20 seconds or does it kinda stick with you threw out the trip? I read where in some trip reports that they mention that it does stick and others don't really say anything about it at all. Also, what about the negative effects, I don't read of any other than the intensity but ,like I said, there is a lack of information on it.

Thanks again for expanding my mushroom knowledge :D

8. Amisten

Amisten Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    The sad thing is I'm not too sure. I have eaten 7g from this batch and says they are very good but the guy he was dealing with was a dumb ass. This means that he had no idea what he had. Since SWIM's area has been dry for so long of these wonderfull little buddies, and this guy was the only person with them around....SWIM ran with it and never looked back. He just never could say no to shrooms. All I can tell you is that I said they were very good and had some crazy visuals with them.

9. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Syrian rue can give bad diarrhea as well as nausia.

10. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    3 grams of rue would be a good amount. It is good enough for ayahuasaca so it should be okay for shrooms. You can also look into an extract, something more pure that doesnt involve taking seeds. The whole eating seeds and drinking bark for the dmt makes me puke everytime, but maybe he just needs a new recipe. There are other phamacudicals that will work too, I has read a report on one of them taken in combination with oram DMT.

The extract and pharmecudical would probably lessen the nausia.

11. Phungushead

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    I'm pretty sure you can do an extraction on rue seeds using acidified H20,
    which I would imagine would reduce nausea somewhat (as in the case of
    morning glory/Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds). Definitely would be something to look into.

And I wouldn't mess with pharmaceutial MAOI's. It's my understanding that
    they are really too strong for anyone to want to deal with in combination
    with psychedelics. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

12. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Most of the phamacutical MAOI's destroy the receptor sites they bind to, irreversibly. Dale Pendell reports that some people who've tripped with these MAOI's "report long-lasting flashbacks triggered by darkness, weeks, even months after their initial experiments."
    Syrian Rue is not one of the irreversible ones, but it isn't my field.
    Stay away from the pharmacutical ones and do your research, the food reactions mentioned above can get bad.

13. jaffacake

jaffacake Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Level 4 & 5 and MAOI

I have been using moclobemide with DMT and mushrooms for about 4 years. His receptors are fine and he's never had a flashback. I would always recomend moclobemide because it's reversible, has the least nausea and is the easiest to accurately dose.

BTW, Syrian rue is irreversible and more dangerous than moclobemide. Stick to the pharmacutical ones.