Drug info - Lexotanil (Bromazepam) Drug Info

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Generix, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Generix

Generix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I obtained a Lexotam box,containing blisters as well as 30 tabs,6mg each from our longtime "friend") for The tablets were of green-gray pigmentation.I immediately dissolved 5 tabs into a roughly 200 grams bottle with slightly lukewarm water.I shaked the bottle for dozen of minutes and than,I drinked the content in about 5 Minutes.The solution has a sweet,starchy taste.

Although real results appeared after 1 hour or so,the effect begin to influence my body & psyche only after 10-15 minuties.This is probably due to the fact that I took the solution at empty stomach-no coffee,no food or medicaments and certainly no alcohol.

As the time marched on ,I began to experience the bromazepam.for 2-5h. I felt coldness and a light stimulatory effect.I turn out to be more talkative and argumentative.The perfusion of benzo's anxiolithic properties was slow and steady.

Hypnotic (sleep-induction) effect is almost non-existent.Apetite increase, especially craving for oily and salty food was present.Coordination is well preserved.There is marked increase in salivation Bottom line-This is certainly not a classic trip,but it is a proper menagement of one's "downing"..............but the calming,anxiolithic effect is definitely the best,withstanding the fact that other people may have different perception of benzodiazepine.

I intend to continiue taking it by following dosages per day: (6mg each) 5 (today),4,4,4,4,3,2,1,1,1,0.5,0.5=30

Bromazepam is a suprisingly good stuff.

edieted by BA

Please read the rules on posting links

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2007
  2. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    rare benzo:-LEXOTANIL-Bromazepam

:confused: has any one heard of this one?, think its an anti-anxiety

3. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Yeah I have taken it. It is used to treat anxiety. About 3mg is = 5mg diazepam.

4. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    More on Bromazepam

This is indeed an uncommon one. Lexotanil is the Roche brand name. To SWIM's knowledge it is currently available in Canada, Switzerland and Germany (having been discontinued in the UK). Other brand names include Restol (S+F Pharmaceuticals) and Siesta (Incepta).

Chemical name is 7-Bromo-1,3-dihydro-5-(2-pyridyl)-1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one. Chemical formula is: C14H10BrN3O. Molecular weight is: 316.2. It is a white/yellow crystalline formula which is barely soluble in water and sparingly soluble in alcohol. It is a schedule IV drug in the US.

According to many psychiatric experts Bromazepam has a greater abuse potential than other benzodiazepines because of fast resorption and fast onset of action. Due to its relatively short halflife and duration of action (8 to 12 hours), withdrawal symptoms may be more severe and more frequently encountered than with long acting benzodiazepines.

Time to pleak plasma concentration after an oral dose is 30 mins to 4 hours. Half-Life is 8-30 hours. Comparative dose is 3.0 (if Diazepam is 5.0, Temazepam is 10.0 and alprazolam is 0.5) 70% of bromazepam is bound to plasma proteins

It is metabolised by the cytochrome P450 enzyme system in the liver, and thus it's metabolism may be affected my numerous other drugs including alcohol. It may interact with the effects of other CNS acting drugs such as alcohol, narcotics, hypnotics, sedative antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics/sedatives, anesthetics, antidepressants and anticonvulsants.

Clearance is reduced in the elderly and (in some studies) by coadministration of the combined oral contraceptive pill.

Therapeutic dose: 3-18 mg daily in divided doses. In exceptional circumstances, in case of hospitalized patients, maximum daily dosage of 60 mg, in divided doses, may be given.

Indications include:
    • Short-term treatment of insomnia
    • Short-term treatment of anxiety or panic-attacks, if a benzodiazepine is required
    • Alleviation of the symptoms of alcohol- and opioid-withdrawal, under close clincial supervision!
    Contraindications include: Known hypersensitivity to benzodiazepines, myasthenia gravis, severe hepatic insufficiency, severe respiratory insufficiency, sleep apnea syndrome, or patients with known drug or alcohol dependancy issues.

It should be used with caution in those with hepatic or renal impairment.

Bromazepam is not recommended for use in patients with depressive disorders or psychosis. It should not be used concurrently with alcohol and other CNS depressant drugs.

The usual benzodiazepine side-effects apply. However Bromazepam is also reported to cause cholestatic jaundice and agranulocytosis (failure of bone marrow to produce white cells) as well as potentiating hypoglycaemia in diabetics.

5. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
  6. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Umm... I don't usually have anything to say about benzo's, but he's going to make an exception here.

According to someone who isn't me, LEXOTAN IS THE *BEST* BENZO!!! Apparently, it's like xanax without the forgetfulness. It has more warnings on the (foreign) boxes than any other benzo labels that I have seen regarding its high potential for abuse.

One time, SWIM read the package inserts. They specifically instruct prescribing doctors NOT to prescribe it along with opiates, because of the increased euphoria and increased likelihood for addiction!

I say to take his word for it. It supposedly has all the body-high of a STRONG valium without all the sleepiness, and all the mellowness and mental high of a xanax bar with ZERO forgetfulness! He says think clonazepam (klonopin) with a LOT more "Punch"...

Here's some food for thought also. Lexotan (bromazepam) has not ever been approved by the FDA for any type of treatment! Could it be because it's the perfect chill-pill??

7. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    It sounds quite enjoyable. I think temazepam is the perfect chill pill, but then again I've never had bromazepam.

8. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Someone really needs to compare these two! I have not tried temazepam, but knows about almost all others 1st hand. I have been wondering a lot about temazepam lately... and if it's anything similar to lexotan.

Anyone know?

9. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    another name for bromazepam is:-CALMEPAM its like its got potenial and its not common cause it got a high potenioal for abuse i never new it was scheduled VI in the states,just shows how many variations in the effects different benzos can have

10. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Re: rare benzo:-LEXOTANIL-Bromazepam

my package of Dormicum(midazolam) also say's, do not combine with opiates because of increased likelyhood of euphoria and addiction.
    I have plenty of experience with temazepam, and has a strip of bromazepam as well, which he is testing right now.
    He will report back how the experience was.

11. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

A cheetah I know came into possession of some Roche Bromazepam and tells me that it is one of the best tasting benzos he has tried. He took them sublingually and said they are even better tasting than clonazepam (except for one Indian variety that must have had sugar put in or something!).

The cheetah only took 7.5mg to start out with, but he said that it made him feel calm and peaceful with no drowsiness. He had taken 20mg of diazepam the night before (almost exactly 24 hours beforehand) and knows that it has a long half-life, so maybe that would influence the bromazepam effects? Otherwise, the cheetah currently doesn't have any benzodiazepine tolerance. He will definitely be revisiting this one at a higher dose. He already feels like it has a good chance of earning the spot of Mr. Cheetah's favourite benzo.

How did that bromazepam testing go, if it indeed occurred?

12. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

One of my lab rats recently consumed 9mg of Lexotanil (Bromazepam). He sketched some notes sporadically post-consumption and asked me to share them with you.

According to the Benzodiazepine Equivalent Doses thread, the amount of Bromazepam consumed was equivalent to 15mg diazepam, 0.75mg alprazolam, 0.75mg clonazepam, and 1.5mg lorazepam.

According to Jatelka's post in this thread, however, the 9mg of Bromazepam was equivalent to 1.5mg of Alprazolam. Is that a typo perhaps?

Anyways, I am mentioning these equivalent doses because the aforementioned benzodiazepines are the ones my lab rat is most familiar with, and he wanted to point out that if those equivalent doses are accurate, bromazepam is one heck of an interesting benzo, considering the effects said lab rat achieved from the dose taken.

At around noon my lab rat took 9mg of bromazepam sublingually. As the cheetah also found, the lexotanil tastes wonderful, better than any other benzodiazepine my pets have munched on.

The effects came on hard and fast. They were a bit overwhelming at first. The mind felt like it was being cooled and numbed by currents of air, and my lab rat's head felt a very odd spongey sensation as a result. Euphoria began to settle in as the weird feelings gradually subsided. My lab rat was a bit light-headed at this point, but very level and calm. The effects were much more prominent and noticeable at this stage than they were with equivalent (or even greater) doses of the previously mentioned benzos.

After not too long (15-20 minutes perhaps) my lab rat experienced slight stomach discomfort, probably from having not eaten a proper meal since waking. Nothing he couldn't shrug off without a problem. His mind is clear and he feels surprisingly euphoric, but he also notices a decrease in focus and arousal.

At this point the lab rat feels that bromazepam isn't as calming as clonazepam, but it is by far the most euphoric benzodiazepine he has tried. Besides a bit of mental cloudiness as the effects set in (which almost gave him a bit of anxiety as it was stronger than expected!), the lab rat doesn't suspect any memory issues or major cognitive deficits. [Looking back, the lab rats memory for details was diminished, but nothing greater than would be experienced on other benzos, and certainly nothing like alprazolam!]

After a half-hour my lab rat decided to jot down some more notes with a pen grasped between his little claws. The effects had "leveled out" and the weird sensations felt in his head had subsided. The rat feels very comfortable and peaceful, and his mind is quite lucid. He is able to think clearly without distractions or background 'noise'. He is very at ease, but isn't forgetting important tasks & responsibilities because of it. He feels no pressure, and perhaps somewhat less acute focus because of this, but his awareness of responsibilities and his motivation to take them on hasn't diminished. Perhaps this is a result of the euphoria, as sometimes with benzos my lab rat gets so comfortable he just doesn't bother with things. Hard to say.

After another hour, my lab rat jots down some notes again. He has eaten lunch and the euphoria has leveled off. He feels much more 'normal' now, but maintained his upbeat mood and demeanor and can sense no hint of anxiety. He probably could have tricked himself into thinking he wasn't on any psychoactive at all the feeling was so natural (very different from the powerful and odd - yet not unappealing - sensations he experienced shortly after ingestion). The lab rat decides to take 5mg of adderall to help with his overall arousal and concentration (he isn't feeling much in the way of sedation, just normal focus difficulties) and then goes off to try doing something productive.

Two and half hours later... the rat is still calm and relaxed, but the sense of noticeable euphoria is mostly gone. Sense of well-being is still good, but not at the high it was earlier. Focus and concentration are good, though motivation is slightly lacking, perhaps due to initial effects of the low dose of adderall wearing off some. Overall, the lab rat feels that bromazepam could be very useful for research and studying, with or without a stimulant adjunct, as it proved effective in reducing my lab rat's mental clutter and distractibility, and keeping his mind from racing.

The rat didn't take any further notes from that point on, and he proceeded to enjoy a very pleasant evening free of mental jitters or distractions, and feeling pretty good on the whole. He had a beer or two a number of hours later and felt even better, but kept it at that. He didn't feel overly tired at any point, though he still had trouble falling asleep late at night and he ended up sleeping in more than expected. Perhaps the beer was a factor in that, but its hard to say. The bromazepam alone produced markedly little sedation, which was nice. My lab rat was also quite surprised at the strength and range of effects he achieved from what he expected to be a weaker dose by looking at the benzodiazepine equivalences. The recreational potential is high with bromazepam, my lab rat thinks, as the euphoria was far better than any he has experienced with benzodiazepines to date. He thinks that clonazepam may be more efficacious (personally) for panic attacks or other bouts of anxiety, but if he were to get a benzo script for anxiety he would think this to be one of his most preferred options, given that the bromazepam gave him a mental clarity and sense of peace with remarkable lack of side effects (unless you consider euphoria a side effect).

Unfortunately, the lab rat probably won't be able to try this again for some time, but he is glad he did. He can see how it would be easy for people to abuse this drug, but if he were ever to get a larger quantity he would stick with the lower doses and use it strictly for anxiolytic purposes, for however good he found the recreational effects to be, the therapeutic value was far better in his eyes.

13. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Yes it is. 0.75 is correct. Sorry about that

Many thanks for sharing your space monkeys experience!

14. darkbreed

darkbreed Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o

I used a lot of bromazepam here in south america (comes as Lexotanil and Lexotan here).

6mg tabs, light greenish in color. Effects virtually the same as diazepam for SWIM.

I like to switch over to bromazepam after having been on diazepam for a while (he switches around on all his benzos regularly as it seems to help not develop tolerance and dependency as quickly, and is easier to quit them when wanted - it also seems getting on some previously not used benzos can be useful for those whom got a high benzo tolerance)

15. BenzoRevolver

BenzoRevolver Newbie

Reputation Points:

Effects for SWIM (an experience bromazepam lover): very nice relaxation, clear mind, increased eagerness to talk and meet people, reduced anxiety (goes without saying). 6mg is about as high as SWIM recommends, above that the mind starts getting foggy (either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what does it for you). Of Note: for SWIM it has little hypnotic qualities, meaning it's pretty much ineffective as a sleep aid. That is a good thing if one needs an anxiety med without drowsiness. But individual results may vary on that account...

The short half-life (around 20hrs, can't remember what swim told me) is a positive if your looking to unwind after a day at work, relax and not feel foggy the next day. Swim's been using BROMAZ on-and-off for about 5 years now. He's also tried ativan, clonazepam, temazepam. All of these were legally prescribed for anxiety and insomnia, and not abused.

Although they all have different properties, bromazepam still is #1 on his list. Or so he's told me :)

16. c17h21no4

c17h21no4 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from romania

swim loves bromazepam. (swim's doctor prescribes him the 3mg pinkish pills)
    the relaxation is very nice , with a little euphoria to it and there is another quite strange effect. broma always makes me laugh , he just walks back home and after he pops some to go to bet ( aka neutralize speed ) he starts to laugh. swim never started to laugh not even on weed and he got quite wasted a lot of times ...
    very nice benzo and it doesnt give you those muscle or knee pains that xanax gives you

17. adictive_n

adictive_n Newbie

Reputation Points:

SWIM takeS Lexotanil from time to time... here in south america is quite common but obviously needs prescription...the prblem is that I feel kinda addicted...and imagine if I am addicted to this nothing else will like make SWIM "relax"
    I am trying to stay away from it...but really really really likes it
    is it proven that it is addictive??

18. davestate

davestate Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from northern_ireland

Unfortunately for SWIM, like any other benzo, it is. And the withdrawal's are hell. Look at the downs addiction subforum for more info. Hope everything goes well, you should start thinking of tapering off

19. Semtex4000

Semtex4000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Re: rare benzo: LEXOTANIL (Bromazepam)

i take Bromazepam (Bromazepam Doc Generici) for mindgrain headaches i get. The doctors gave me the Bromazepam in Italy but its in a liquid form.
    I take 8 drops at night only when i get the headaches and it works great but im runing low and the doctors in new york dont whant to give me it. so i guess ill pick some up whan i go back to Italy.
    P.S. i have dysgraphia so i know i may have miss spelled somethinks..useing spell chack all the time gets me pissed lol.

Semtex4000 added 9 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/weedcan/bro.jpg?t=1218520556

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  20. darkbreed

darkbreed Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Re: rare benzo: LEXOTANIL (Bromazepam)

I get bromazepam on prescription and find it very similar to diazepam, except it is less sedative, making me less tired. Tapering off slowly, by gradually decreasing the dosage, and moving over to a weaker benzo such as Chlordiazepoxide (Librium in US, "OCM" in Argentina where I am) is a good an effective idea. Chlordiazepoxide doesnt give me any intoxication effects which would make it useful for "recreational use" and it is relatively weak compared to most benzos, but often used to taper down from benzos and alcohol withdrawals. Works good for me for such purposes. Ask your doc about it and suggestions on how to taper down, how much to decrease the dosage, how often etc, and then when to move over to a weaker benzo and further taper off.