1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Snorting - Lidocaine Safety

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Hyzon, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Hyzon

Hyzon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    An inebriated stranger told me about his dream where an orange unicorn liked the numbing effects of cocaine, and this unicorn was curious if lidocaine would be safe to snort. So out of curiousty I was wondering if in fact lidocaine would be safe to insufflate?

2. YIPMAN

YIPMAN Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
  3. Hyzon

Hyzon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So I've read through that thread you posted, and it has just risen more questions. One that was never answered there was how is cocaine cut with lidocaine if it's such a dangerous chemical?

4. YIPMAN

YIPMAN Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Cocaine can be cut with various substances. Lidocaine is added to an already cut product to mimic the anesthetic effect cocaine has to begin with. Other cuts may be active or not, but are often just used to increase weight and therefore profit for the seller/dealer.

One of the most, if not the most dangerous cut used is Levamisole:
    Threads Tagged with levamisole contaminated cocaine

There are also cases where crushed glass was found within cocaine samples. The list is long and quite scary actually.

The ethical aspect of cutting is an issue by itself...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  5. Hyzon

Hyzon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    But as for lidocaine itself, how much would have to be snorted before any real health risks? From what I've found on my own, people claim lidocaine is the most common anaesthetic used to cut cocaine, so drawing from that one should be able to assume it can't be a vary low amount of lidocaine to make it lethal. There are people who do multiple grams of cocaine in a night, why are they still alive if lidocaine is lethal? For curiousities sake I want to know if the unicorn could in fact use lidocain recreationally.

6. YIPMAN

YIPMAN Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
Tags: