1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - Lidocaine usage? Private use?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Mr. SunSpark, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Mr. SunSpark

Mr. SunSpark Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi there,

I've been wanting to check out the various uses of Lidocaine Powder.

So far, I've been selecting a bunch of information from Wikipedia and reading abit about Lidocaine.
    It appears to be a wellknown dillulite for Cocaine and to "thin it down" since Lidocaine creates a numbness feeling so eveeryone think they gotten some great coke.
    However, I am searching for more specific uses of Lidocaine powder itself?

Why would someone purchase lidocaine in powder form, if it wasn't to thin down Cocaine? Is there any other "private use" for lido?

I know that the professional usage of lidocaine is completed at professional factories and manufactureres, where they use it to make injectable anesthetics, dental anestesia, patches for insect bites, bikini spots and even aftersun creames for severe sunburns. Even condoms to prevent premature ejaculation! But these are all professional products that are handled at huge factories and not something a private person would do with 100% pure lidocaine powder.
    Typically products that contain lidocaine only contains about 2-5% of it.

But that still doesn't really give me any idea as to what lidocaine powder itself has of value besides the whole coke thing?

Any ideas or any knowledge on this issue?
    To say the least, "What is Lidocaine Good for" ?

2. pinksox

pinksox Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Lidocaine is used as a anesthetic blocking agent and is also used frequently to suppress certain types of cardiac arrythmias. Problem is, even in therapeutic doses, in a monitored, highly controlled environment, Lidocaine toxicity frequently occurs as its therapeutic window is fairly narrow. The drug that can save also has the power to easily kill if not watched very closely.

It has absolutely ZERO recreational use nor does it have any legit purposes being used outside the medical community except for perhaps the patch form used by chronic pain patients. A HIGH number of the general populace also have some form of allergic reaction to many -caine type medications. SWIM isn't even going to get into other medicinal uses or reasons it may be prescribed in alternate forms because she highly doubts this thread is going any place productive.

Any dealer who uses lidocaine to cut coke to rip his customers off and create a large profit margin for himself by putting a toxic drug--which has potential to kill--into their product is a scumbag who deserves to rot in hell.

3. Mr. SunSpark

Mr. SunSpark Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So the fact that Lidocaine is becoming increasingly popular and sought after online, doesn't have any real usefullness since the drug is actually pretty dangerous?
    If lidocaine powder seems to be the most popular dillulite for cocaine, when sold privately online, then something just doesn't add up.

Since the toxicity level is so narrow (or very likely) I find it hard to believe, that lidocaine powder sold privately has ANY legitimate purpose?

The majority of private persons who purchase lidocaine, aren't going to use it, to make their own painkilling patches or add it to their favorite no-perfume creme, to use as a lotion for mosquito bites etc.,?

The reason I ask, is because I've deal with raw materials (which is not illegal I might add) and I've seen an increase on demand for lidocaine and that spiked my curiosity a great deal.

But it appears to be pretty much worthless in most cases?

4. Synchronium

Synchronium Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I disagree. It could be mixed with mephedrone for example, to reduce the insane burning sensation when snorted.

Obviously this isn't a wise idea, especially with people new to drugs, as it would encourage taking more or worrying less about the side effects, but you get the point.

5. old hippie 56

old hippie 56

Reputation Points:
    A little something from eMedicine Emergency:

The symptoms of lidocaine toxicity tend to follow a predictable progression. The toxicity begins with numbness of the tongue, lightheadedness, and visual disturbances and progresses to muscle twitching, unconsciousness, and seizures, then coma, respiratory arrest, and cardiovascular depression.

CNS toxicity: When the lidocaine dose is increased from 1 mg/kg to 1.5 mg/kg, the risk of CNS toxicity increases from 10% to 80%. Symptoms include the following:
    o Lightheadedness, dizziness
    o Visual disturbance
    o Headache
    o Perioral tingling, numbness or tingling of tongue
    o Sedation
    o Impaired concentration
    o Dysarthria
    o Tinnitus
    o Metallic taste
    o Muscular twitching, tremors
    With progression of toxicity, the patient may experience tonic-clonic seizures and, eventually, unconsciousness and coma. Seizures generally do not occur with lidocaine levels of less than 10 mcg/mL.
    Cardiovascular: Excessive lidocaine concentration can cause cardiovascular toxicity, although this is less common than CNS toxicity. Lidocaine is somewhat less cardiotoxic than lipophilic local anesthetics such as bupivacaine. Risk of cardiac toxicity is greatest in those patients with underlying cardiac conduction problems or after myocardial infarction.
    Potential cardiovascular effects include the following:
    Negative inotropic effects
    Effects on vascular tone (with low doses having vasoconstrictive effects and higher doses causing relaxation of vascular smooth muscle)
    Effects on cardiac conduction include widened PR interval, widened QRS duration, sinus tachycardia, sinus arrest, and partial or complete atrioventricular dissociation. Cardiac arrest has been reported after intraurethral administration of lidocaine.2
    Cardiac toxicity is potentiated by acidosis, hypercapnia, and hypoxia, which worsen cardiac suppression and increase the chance of arrhythmia. This is important to consider since seizure makes this metabolic picture more likely.
    Plasma lidocaine levels of less than 5 mcg/mL are unlikely to have cardiovascular toxicities. Levels of 5-10 mcg/mL can cause hypotension by inducing both cardiac suppression and vascular smooth muscle relaxation. Levels of more than 30 mcg/mL are associated with cardiovascular collapse.

CNS symptoms may be masked in patients premedicated with anticonvulsants such as benzodiazepines or barbiturates. The first sign of toxicity in these premedicated patients may be cardiovascular system (CVS) depression.
    When blood levels are high enough to block inhibitory and excitatory pathways, convulsions cease and the patient experiences respiratory depression or arrest and cardiovascular depression.
    Large bolus injections may increase peak anesthetic levels to the point where the CNS and CVS are simultaneously affected.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/167309-overview

6. Mr. SunSpark

Mr. SunSpark Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the replies guys! :)
    And thanks for the overview of the sideeffects of the Lidocaine. However, the danger of the drug seems to become more and more apparent.
    But again, I lack more replies like Synchroniums because I am highly curious about the increased demand for lidocaine.
    There must be some sort of mix, addition, usage for lidocaine since the commodity prices and demands for lidocaine has risen. So some use must be of this drug?
    I'm just surprised to see the extremely narrow window of toxicity... I mean, that's kindda dangerous.

Again: Lidocaine is a pain blocker. It gives NO high, it gives NO feel-good, it gives NOTHING of that? It only gives numbness and painkill?
    Again... I can only come to think about injections of lidocaine at Emergency Rooms and high-profile condoms that contain lidocaine to prevent premature ejaculation. That's about the two most commercial uses for lidocaine and BOTH of them has nothing to do with increased private demand for pure lidocaine powder.

Again; something surrounding lidocaine must make it a popular drug? I just can figure out what. I have a hard time believeing that it is all due to the fact, that its a popular dillulite for cocaine.

7. sparkling_star

sparkling_star Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM knows of one usage which hasn't been noted: Lidocaine can be manufactured in these patches that stick to the skin and relieve pain to a localized area. SWIM had some for awhile after shoulder surgery, and SWIM would just apply the sheet to the shoulder over night.

8. POLICEMATRIX

POLICEMATRIX Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    lidocaine could have uses for sex anal or just lasting longer,
    i agree that if this product is soo toxic and its main use is the dilution of coke how come there isnt loads of deaths from it? because the stuff they dilute the coke with is 100% pure or there abouts ,and the reports say of people dieing from 5% products this dosnt make much sense
    can i ask 1 more Q how long has this product been around for and how many people have died and lastly how much of this stuff gets used yearly ??????
    i know that was three questions so sorry for that and thaks in advance to any body with the answers