1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Culture - Lime with your Corona?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Cuba, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Cuba

Cuba Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Feb 10, 2006
    from U.S.A.
    My favorite peeps to drink with have to be my Mexican homies.
    Something cool they said about how the whole lime with the corona thing got started:

-In Mexico, especially when your in the country, flys and other insects are all over the place and tend to be attracted to beer (damn alchaholic flies). So in order to keep the flies out, they would put a lime wedge to stop them from getting in. So when "gringo" tourists saw this, they assumed it was for squeezing into the beer. It tasted pretty good so they brought the tradition back to the States and from there it spread.

Just an interesting peice of trivia thats fun to talk about when drinking some cold Coronas.

So share with us what cool drinking traditions you know about and random drinking trivia. Makes for good conversation when your drinking.
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    May 10, 2005
    from ireland
    I already knew that.

Here's one though: Water ashtrays were incorporated in Spanish tourist bars and hotels because they are easier to clean than sun-dried cigarette ash that you would normally find on an ashtray.