Experiences - liquid LSD vs blotter: Differences?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by raven3davis, Jan 24, 2006.

1. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone here notice a difference in the effects from blotter and liquid? This liquid was supposedly near pure and very fresh. Does the freshness have a lot to do with the trip?

I took three hits of liquid and it was a much different experience than other trips he had experienced. The comeup was about the same. Within an hour the effects were pronounced and he was "tripping balls," as you might say. The main differences were the duration and complete lack of body load and physical pains. I have taken lsd many times at many different doses but this was his first time to take 3 hits. Comparitively, these hits seemed to be about as strong as most good blotters. The wierd thing was that it didnt last very long. My trips normally last 10 hours and sometimes up to 15 but this trip was only about 6 hours.

So whats the deal? The liquid was a very clean trip with no negative side effects. SWIM often lays in bed after a trip unable to go to sleep with an aching body. It is normally the back that hurts the most. This time he just layed in bed and went to sleep at about the 8 hour point. Normally the trip would just be declining at this point. The trip was definitely declining by the 6th hour.

SWIM sure did love the liquid but he plans on taking atleast 6 hits next time. The complete lack of negative side effects made the liquid more preferable but the legnth was the only downside. Has anyone experienced this? The LSD was so clean though. Maybe the freshness and purity had something to do with the lack of negative side effects but do impurities also make the trip last longer?

this was by far the shortest trip I have ever experience with cid. THis was the first time I have taken three hits of cid. Most of his experiments involve four hits or more so this might also have a bit to do with it. Each additional hit of cid is a pretty bit jump. Assuming these hits were ~50ug (huge assumption this is a complete estimate), the jump from 150ug to 200ug it a pretty good jump. Maybe that jump would have caused the trip to be a few hours longer.

So basically I am just wondering if anyone has experienced different durations with different kinds of acid. Do you find liquid to normally be cleaner and shorter lasting, less speedy and to have less negative side effects. I am sure that there is good and bad liquid, this liquid might not have been the strongest but in terms of cleanliness it was GREEEEAT! Do you find most liquid to be cleaner than blotter? It would seem like most liquid is more fresh than blotter but this might not be so. So what do you think is the biggest factor contributing to the duration of the trip? Would it be the actual acid and the purity or would it most likely have more to do with the dose? This was a great trip but swim just wishes it would have lasted a bit longer. 10 hours is a bit more desireable. SWIm is glad it was not a 15 hour adventure because those just get too long, but it would have been nice to trip for longer than he did. Any information would be apperciated. Please share your experience with liquid vs blotter. Do you have a preference? This was my first time to take liquid so he cant really say which he likes more. Surely if he got ahold of some omnipotent liquid then he would immedietly fall in love. He would not hisitate to take thousands of micrograms if the opportunity arose.

From what he has experienced he might actually like to take liquid mixed with some blotter. The liquid was much less speedy but sometimes the speedy effects of lsd are NICEE! okay this is a long post but hopefully others can contribute to it.

happy trails,

raven

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Liquid . . . Blotter. These are just two different ways to take the exact same Acid.

Is Liquid better? Well, better (to me) means: It has more micro-Grams of LSD-25 in it.

So, Liquid could be very strong, or very weak. It all depends on how much LSD a person pours into a given amount of water. This means that one drop of Liquid could have 5 mics . . . or 20 mics . . . or 100 mics.

When a person is making Blotters, he pours a given amount of Liquid onto the Blotters. They soak it up. Each Blotter can have 50 mics ... or 100. It all depends on how potent the Liquid is.

So, the only difference between Liquid and Blotter is: The piece of Blotter paper itself. Acid is Acid. There is no such thing as bad Acid. It is either Acid or it is not Acid.

What is probably affecting your Trip is the AMOUNT of Acid you take. If you are used to taking, say, 50 micro-Grams . . . then you suddenly Trip on 100 mics (or vice versa), this can totally change the entire Trip. It could seem like you are taking a different drug, even.

OR . . . You may have THOUGHT you were taking Acid, but took an Research Chemical instead. This will affect the Trip.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  3. akirablaid

akirablaid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Wether it's blotter or liquid the potency can vary absurdly. It's impossible to compare liquid to blotters unless you know the exact abount of LSD in each.
    Freshness can also have an effect on potency, as air and sunlight will break down the chemical.

4. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If what you have is LSD then liquid and blotter should be the same in effects. Also if you get a real body load from LSD then it is probably not LSD.

5. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    I took real lsd. No RC, trust him. I havent really experienced body load from acid just aching. I know how real lsd feels and this lsd was real, and very clean, possibly just on the weak side. my desired dose would have been more like 10 hits of liquid. This probably would have made the trip last much longer.

6. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The different types of trips are usually do to a different set and setting from the last trip, the way you may feel that day etc... Sometimes LSD seems to just enter different places in you brain. I think it's just what's on your mind that particular day that changes the flavor of the experience.
    cheers

7. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    ok. there are many a type of LSD being made and laid, and it goes like this: crystal > liquid > paper. the quality of the starting crystal varies greatly, just one of the factors

the other day at a bush doof (Aussie multiday psytrance festivals), spoke with a girl w/some 'white' crystal, which she dissolved at 110mcg per hit of liquid. she then laid some sheets - an amazing Escher Fish print - at 100mcg. pure as the driven snow.

there's also lots of iso-LSD and other traces presnt in many an improper synth, esp these days. from an old Bruce Eisner article:

'Isomers of LSD are another possible contaminant and indeed are reported present by the drug analysis groups. There are four possible isomers of LSD, but only the d-lysergic acid diethyl amide form is active. The other rotation forms - l-lysergic acid diethyl amide, d and l iso-lysergic acid diethyl amide (contrary to recent reports!) - are inactive. They have no pharmacological role, except possibly as a catalyst for some latent effect of LSD, or to block the action of LSD at the receptor site.

If a contaminated batch of diethyl amine is used in the manufacturing process, or if the chemist purposely decides to make them, LSD homologues might be present in the final crystal. Molecules similar to LSD in structure but with some addition, subtraction or rearrangement of action, homologues plug into the same keyhole that LSD does.

Some of these homologues have profound effects that vary in course of action and potency. Thus, all impurities found in LSD are like imperfect keys. Such substances as ergot alkaloids, cycloalkamides and other lysergic acid derivatives, and LSD homologues and lumi-LSD are drugs that might open the door part way. But only pure LSD opens the doors of perception all the way.'

funny thing is, many people think that clean pure acid is weak as the don't get 'fucked up' or feel a body load. quoting a good friend from a recent conversation:

'It absolutely shits me to TEARS when I read things like, "Those Fractals never really seemed to kick in, but those DILBERTS, those GETAFIXES man... they FUCKED ME UP!" It's like, please, induce your akathisia by other means and give me the isomeric acid, I'll clean it up and get it where it NEEDS to go, PLEASE.. ;-) i ate a 10strip of the Fractals and there was no body load whatsoever... sure, everything was GOD for two days, but God definitely did not have a back-ache, trouble sleeping, or a megalomaniacal thought train involving the military industrial complex!'

so the moral - your best bet is to go up the chain, as potency and quality will decrease with time, improper handling, exposure and weasly karma.

good things come to those who wait...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  8. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    I was just trying to say that it the purity seems to make a big difference in negative side effects. It has been argued over and over, but this trip compared to the same trip with some blotters I has had was much more smooth. I know all about the lsd going from crystal to liquid to paper but he definitely now can tell the difference between clean and dirty acid.

Like I said he might like to mix a bit of blotter "dirtier in this case" and liquid "clean in this case. SWIM somewhat likes the "fucked up feeling." Not to the extent where he would want to take all shitty unpure acid but the clean acid seemed to be so much easier for my body to metabolize that the effects never got as strong and did not last quite as long.

The "imperfect keys" might be a bit prefered by some maybe?? It was said that the liquid was recently diluted so I think it was pretty fresh and pure. I would be very interesed to expose some blotters for a while to see if you could feel the difference :) I have seen many say that purity has no matter, only potency but the purity really does make a difference. Even though that girl said her shit was 110mg a drop, you really need to know the purity to determine the actual dose, and that small amount of impurity can SERIOUSLY alter the trip. I do now agree that the purity has a profound impact on the trip, but isnt always very negative. Maybe some impurities are just better than others? But you said she has white crsytal so that is probably very pure stuff. Likely the trip would be smooth but does the color really determine the purity? You could very well have white crystal that was 95% pure and it is likely the 5% impurities could make a difference.

So what I want to know is, would you rather take 100% pure LSD or some strong blotter that were laid at 110ug that were just a little unpure.

Dont get SWIM wrong though this was his first experience with liquid he really needs to take a bigger dose so maybe the effects will last longer. Surely 100% pure cid is amazing but does anyone like a bit of impurity?

9. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Futher to the posts above, it really doesn't matter what form your acid is in - the biggest effect (apart from set and setting) is going to be due to the amound of acid you ingest. As for the trip length, I have had the same batch of liquid last 17 hours one time and only about 8 another time at the same dosage level. Differences in the amount of time you trip for are not due to the form of the drug.

However, I would not that qualitatively, SWIM's liquid hits are less "speedy" than blotter hits - I would not be bold enough to propose a reason for this or even assume there is a reason.

10. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    ^^it is very difficult, near to impossible to obtain pure 'white' crystal, i assume she meant either silver or needlepoint / fluff which may be up to quad-washed.

for a FOAF, the most single important factor is PURITY as any imperfections in the synth - imperfect keys - immediately manifest as a flashback to a very high dose bad, dirty acid trip, regardless of dose ingested.

this incarnation is too short for baD ACID.

11. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Various crystals, in level of purity is Needlepoint/Fluff(white crystal) at about 95%+ pure, then silver at 85-95% pure, then amber at about 75-90% pure, and then lavender at 60-80% pure.. There is definitely tenseness, jaw clenching, backaches, gas and other side effects that color the trip, from various impurities, depending on the synth and how well they clean it up.. Fluff, does not feel as intense as amber, but the visuals are more pronounced, and the trip is much more euphoric on a dose of 500-1000mics.. The dirty will feel more intense on a few hits, but give more tense feelings, body aches, and also keep you awake much longer, without the enjoyable euphoria that the clean gives.. Fluff will give much better visuals, because 100 mics at 95%+ purity, means you are eating 95+mics of pure LSD, where as a hit of lavender(crystal can look almost black if it's really dirty) laid at the avg gram per hundred sheets rate, will be 60-80 mics a hit actually, with various biproducts from synth and improper washing, causing those tense nasty effects...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  12. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Also, various crystals I didn't mention are czech(around 75-90% pure?) and tornado juice, of unkown purity, however from my experience it feels very intense, but feels clean enough... I was told that TJ comes from mixing clean crystal with dirty crystal, but I has no real evidence that is the case, just heresay...

13. stinky_plant

stinky_plant Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    "Liquid . . . Blotter. These are just two different ways to take the exact same Acid."

Pretty much, SWIM's gotten bomb blotters and bomb liquid, as well as bunk liquid and bunk blotters.

SWIM wonders, is there a difference between Needlepoint and Fluff? They both seem to have similar purity, just different crystal structures. Does that have any affect?

SWIM also wonders what kind of acid he took once. The blotter had some brown streaks on it, and while it gave SWIM visuals for only about half an hour, I had avery good body high, but the effects only lasted about 6 hours.

The pure stuff is by far the best in SWIM's opinion.

14. OzzBozz

OzzBozz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It depends on how much is LSD is in a single hit.

alot of people love the idea of "liquid", as they view it as more "pure". This is false. I have seen alot of blotter that was much more potent than the liquid that has flowed through.

15. Nose Dive

Nose Dive Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    One thing my Bill wondered about is does body size make a difference with 'cid as with most other things?

16. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Not much really. Ego size maybe.

17. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  18. rocksmokinmachine

rocksmokinmachine Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from earth
    I suppose, LSD liquid could be asily diluted, it would be very hard, infact nigh on impossible to adulterate a blotter... unless it was some sort of DOx chemical in the first place.

In SWIM experience the best LSD he had was infact in liquid form, but it varies from person to person, from batch to batch. One can never be sure of the strength You said it hiself in the original post more or less.

19. Nose Dive

Nose Dive Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
  20. fromthestars

fromthestars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o from The Netherlands
    come on now this is an age old debate, differences in batches of lsd...age old...I say its true.

coincidently the liquid I see is much better then the blotter as well, but again thats just a coincidence.