Liriosma Ovata - Muira Puama

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Smarthead, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Smarthead

Smarthead Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    This is the foremost sex stimulant of Brazil. The little tree grows in forests and jungles around the Amazon and Orinoco basins. Muira Puama is thought to be important in self development and understanding. It makes us more at ease with ourselves and others. It enhances sensuality as well as sexuality. Very suitable when you want to give your love-life a special impulse.
    Effects
    You will feel a tingling sensation running over the spine, and a sensual feeling in your entire body ½ to 1 hour after drinking the alcohol mixture, and 1 to 2 hours after drinking the tea.
    Usage
    The active substances in Muira Puama are most effective in alcohol. Put 30 grams in half a bottle of liquor, let it soak for two weeks and shake well daily. Afterwards you can take a shot glass full when needed.
    Muira Puama can also be prepared with water, but the effect will be less strong. Put 2 tablespoons in ¼ liter of water, let it boil for a while, sift it and drink it cool.

2. joevette

joevette Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I didn't know that part about Muira Puama and alcohol. I've used it seperatly with little effect, but I'll have to try it with a drink next time.

Tags: