LISTEN UP!! ADDERALL XR IS WAY TO EXPENSIVE! Help please...

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by parma_sean_cheese3, Apr 28, 2007.

1. parma_sean_cheese3

parma_sean_cheese3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM just picked his first rx for adderall and he knows he could have got it for cheaper at a deff pharm but he wasnt sure if it was covered by his insurance so he took it to him normal pharm. The damn thing was 155 bucks. I dont have that kind of doe every month for pills. IS IT TOO SOON TO ASK HIS DOC TO BE SWITCHED TO DEXEDRINE SPANSULE 15mg SINCE THE GENERIC IS COVERED?

2. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    PROBLY NOT....you dont need to type your post ttile in all caps by the way,but yes call your doctor and tell him this script is too expensive and you need a cheaper drug

3. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I was on Aderall XR 40mg for one month after I had to be removed from 60mg a day of Ritalin. I went to my Doctor who I've been seeing for 4 years. I told him I couldn't sleep because of the XR and that I'd like to move to Dexedrine 10mg 2 times a day.

Dexedrine is D-amphetamine sulphate and about the best stuff for a writer, like me, for focus. I'm on 20mg in the morning and 10mg afternoon. 90 pills comes to $20 after insurance.

(I know that prices shouldn't be given but Dexedrine is generic only and has just one pharmaceutical maker for non-XR).

It can be hard for some people to just TELL their doctor that they have used it before and found Dexedrine just a better product for less $$$. They may push you toward something else but if you have been with your doctor for a few years they will listen and let you trial it.

I won't lie and say I didn't abuse it for a little while but amphetamines build your Ego up off the asshole in you. I treat it like a tool now.