liver problems?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by BrandonAA, Jun 5, 2005.

1. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have heard too much tylenol alone can hurt you.

i have heard between 2200-4000mgs can kill you? is this true.

also what are the bad effects from drinking on them enhanced? has anyone done it? do you thinkliver damage has been done?

thanks

2. moldie

moldie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    they doctor types out there will tell you something like 3-4 grams can kill you but this just isn't the case in reality. It takes something along the lines of 30-40 grams of acetaminophen for acute hepatoxicity in most people. I went a year averaging a pint of scotch and 10 grams of apap a day and my liver is perfectly fine.

3. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Milk thristle is pretty cheap herb and a great supplement if you're
    worried about liver health, the active substance in it is silymarin
    which does regenerate liver tissue.

4. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    why would you not share cottons or spoons. i heard it is very hard to spread stuff w/ needles, possible but difficult?

5. bogumil

bogumil Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    "...There is an antidote for APAP poisoning called NAC (N-acetyl cysteine); you can get in health food stores. It's supposed to be given within 8 hours of the APAP dose, but there's some evidence that you may still derive benefit from NAC even if you take it outside this time window. ..." [medic]
    Edited by: bogumil

6. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    APAP becomes hepotoxic in humans @ ~ 10 grams

7. chico

chico Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    There are methods that you can filter out the acetaminophen from Tylenol and be left with the codeine. It's a pretty lengthy process but if you're looking for codeine high, it's quite effective from what I've read. Problem is, you have to filter out quite a few to get what you're looking for.

Acetaminophen is the bad egg in the mix that you don't want.

8. ioh mon dieu

ioh mon dieu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If it's hard to spred even using needels then why do nearly half of all
    junkies have hep c? I've heard roughly 80% - 90% and don't even have a
    clue consitering most symptoms dont even show up at all on some people.
    ( sorry i know this is completely off topic )

9. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    if youre going to take codeine you need SOME aceto. I find that I hardly even feel a thing @ 400 mg of extracted codeine w/o aceto whereas 200 mg of codeine with about a gram of aceto gets me LIFTED. it is NOT a bad egg, I wouldnt advise oral use without it.Edited by: allyourbase

10. moldie

moldie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sharing cottons and cookers is just almost asbad as sharing the needle. You will most likelyget a disease like hep c or aidsif an infected needle comes in contact with a cotton or cooker that you decide to use. There is almost no reason to share a cooker, use your imagination and find something else to mix your dope in, as far as cottons-it'sdangerous enough re-using your old ones.

So many junkies have hep c it's fucking unbelievable. By the grace of god I was spared that affliction. If you're going to share needles don't, but if you do bleach them very carefully. Get tested regularly too if you do that kind of shit. For a lot of people the symptoms of hep c won't manifest themselves for as long as 5-20 years, but it will kill you eventually.

As for mixing alcohol with dope - it's a bad idea. Most junkies have learned to avoid the constant vomitting that usually happens the day after such combinations.