1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Health - Long term Effects Of Snorting Cocaine, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Methamphatamine pills

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by LunarSpider, Dec 9, 2011.

1. LunarSpider

LunarSpider Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Long term Effects Of Snorting Cocaine, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Methamphatamine pills

The title says it all this forum is created by swim to try to rather research from those who have had negative health effects from excessive snorting of drugs.

Swim has snorted Cocaine, Oxycodone, hydrocodone, and Adderall many times in his life and believes to have permanent nasal problems even after going a year without snorting.

Sorry if this has been covered before, swim could not find enough discussion of this topic

Please share your experiences and what it has caused....

Long term Effects Of Snorting Cocaine, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Methamphatamine pills

2. LostControl

LostControl Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from Canada
    Re: Long term Effects Of Snorting Cocaine, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Methamphatamine pi

I've searched the medical literature, and the only article I can find that mentions OxyContin causing damage was the article "Total necrosis of the intranasal structures and soft palate as a result of nasal inhalation of crushed OxyContin." Greene D. Ear nose throat Journal. August 2005. 84(8), 512, 514, 516.
    From reading the article, it appears that the pt abused many drugs, including cocaine, so whether or not it was the OxyContin, the coke , or some other drug(s) that caused the necrosis, it's impossible to tell. As this is the only reported case of nasal damage caused by OxyContin, I'm not worrying about it like I would if I was doing coke.

3. Casper86

Casper86 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Re: Long term Effects Of Snorting Cocaine, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Methamphatamine pi

swim snorts coke and adderall a few times a month maybe, no ill effects so far.