Health - Long term ketamine use

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by Niteflights, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Niteflights

Niteflights Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I am quite curious to get some feedback from anyone who has regularly used Ketamine for a long term (2 or more years), at least once a week.

I am interested in the long term side effects, tolerance, and general attitude toward the ketamine experience.

Thank for any replies,
    Andrei

2. ThirdEyeFloond

ThirdEyeFloond Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    I don't exactly fit the user profile SWIN requests but decided to share his 2 cents anyways. For the last 1+ year I have been using ketamine frequently, from 5-6 IM'd doses pr day to 1-2 doses every 2-3 weeks. When used too frequently tolerance builds fast, SWIM dosed several times daily for about 2 months and noticed his optimal dose had accumulated to nearly 200% of his initial optimal dose during that period, and I found it nearly impossible to reach a satisfactory level of dissociation with a tolerance like that. So he concluded that a few weeks of abscense were essential every now and then, and SWIM never uses ketamine for more than a full week at a time now. Followed by atleast 14 days, but preferably 21 days of abstinence. my general attitude towards K hasn't changed much, he is a much in love with this substance as he was the first time trying it out, and even more, because the ride is much more enjoyable when you've gotten used to touring the K-realms and the initial confusion can be skipped. SWIM frequently has those amazing NDE/ego-death experiences, the rate is especially high for the first trip after 3 weeks break.
    The main long term side effect I have felt, was a worsening of his short and long term memory, and when he dosed daily his studys became a big haze but I have since found the nootropic Piracetam counteracts this in a favorable manner. The other is a psychological dependency, I am always in the mood for ketamine, but hasn't experienced any severe withdrawal symptons at all - he can go weeks without with no problems, but admittedly has a hard time not dosing when it's in my possesion.

3. Clubsloth

Clubsloth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    I cannot comment on that long of a term. but for several months He used it daily and multiple times a day. something he experienced as a side effect of was paranoia.