Longest Session W/Adderall?

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by Bajeda, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What is the longest session of work or studying you have done with the aid of Adderall or Adderall XR? How did you feel afterwards?

I have pulled a thirty hour straight study session for a test, then after the test wrote a paper for two hours, then went to a 1 and a half hour class to turn in the paper, then studied for an oral exam for an hour, then took the two hour oral exam. At that point swim trudged back to his room and passed out.

Total time working/studying on adderall = 36.5

I did take a decent amount of 3-5 cigarette smoke breaks during this time, though he didn't take a break for lunch, he only ate a small sandwich during this time.

I have to admit he felt pretty damn bad after all this. By the time he took his oral the 5 or so adderall began to kick in but it didn't work as well as the others. It kept him awake but his mind was so dulled from all the intense work and studying that it just wasn't working correctly. I didn't do so well on the oral, though he did get As on everything else. Overall I don't think the come down was overly harsh, but he still thinks in the future when he has this large a number of things to do on one day he will prepare well in the future.

2. XO

XO Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I has spent a good 4 days/3 nights on adderall multiple times, I wouldn't recommend it, I say one or two days max or you'll feel horrid, past that and I was doing it just to keep going. swim also recommends getting something good to eat and a lot of hydration at the end of it, even though food is the last thing You may want, it helps You get to sleep and recover

3. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has done a 2day/3night and then during the 3rd day crashed and slept. Cant recommend longer than that. I find 2day/2night to be the longest he feels OK after. start off at night so that one may go to sleep during at night rather than day example- n1/d1/n2/d2...crash on n3. I do that pattern maybe once every few months but usually its a d1/n1/d2 crash on n3 pattern, usually on a Friday. When swim keeps it to about 36ish hours hes fine and only sleeps a normal 8 hour night, without feeling drained the next day. It is important to eat things like bananas and other foods even though one wont feel hungry that way You doesn't feel drained of nutrients and vitamins the next day. Gatorade is nice but sometimes acts as a diuretic.

4. quili

quili Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmm... I hasn't had an isolated long term adderall experience. The closest would be one year- during the last week of school when she continually took Something for the entire week. She hardly ate or slept and then did not sleep at all on the final day of the "binge." She used during this time adderall, focalin, ritalin, caffeine, and other various energy drinks. It is probably pretty obvious that she did not feel very great by the end. Her mind's ability definitely decreased. But, it was interesting. Sleep was extremely rewarding. :) (Let's just say this wasn't swim's best decision making, but she felt like feeling bad for a little while, just to try it...)

5. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hmm oddly swim might think that an energy drink might be beneficial since it contains sugars and calories and maybe vitamins and such... then again the high sugar content would (working as a diuretic along with the stimulants acting aswell as a diuretic) further deplete your nutrients and dehydrate you leaving you with a worse crash... but hey I am just ranting what does he know.

6. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim just pulled a 2 day 2 nighter and then finally slept the 3rd night (since starting at first at night)... next day swims body killed. all swim ate was an eggroll and a lil fried rice in 2 days. quite an experiance went through 240mg of adderall... wow... swim cant understand how but when your spun sometimes you forget how hard your spinning.

7. Knewgurl

Knewgurl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been taking 120 mg of adderall every day for about a month. This is actually the amount perscribed and sometimes she goes over. Is there anyone else who takes doses this high?

8. texassweetpea

texassweetpea Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am rx 60 mg of adderall a day....SWIM's BF is rx 90 mg a day. SWIM stays up 3-4 days then sleeps a night then stays up 2 more days. I do this 2x a month. I do not have a problem coming down...I dont feel like crap as alot have reported. No problems...

9. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A few questions. This seems like quite a high amount, especially to be prescribed for to take regularly.

Does You take XRs or tabs?

Exactly why was You prescribed this amount of adderall (ADHD? Something else? Severity?)

Did You begin at this level or did he start at a lower dose and then work up?

This seems like way too high a dose to have been prescribed by a doctor!

10. Knewgurl

Knewgurl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The starting dosage was 10 mg instant release. Swim's doctor knows that I had an extremely high tolerance to all drugs and went from 30 xr 2x daily to 60 xr 2x daily. I am given this for depression that has been difficult to treat. I don't know that she has have ever felt the euphoria so many people mention. Can you describe this?

11. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had a family member that was rx-ed to 120mg, it was xr. It was eventually determined that he was bipolar and the adderall as u could imagine did help his deperession greatly but his manic phases were horrible. he was switched to a mix of anti dep and mood stablizers. Its odd how much addy helped his depression along with his add (adult add) and helped him work but after a few nights of no sleep and excessive working I think ppl break down. if swim trusts his doctor 120mg can be ok but maybe consider moving down if possible. Sometimes amphetamines can cause horrible damage to you and loved ones around you and you have no idea and never blame the medication since its a RX.

12. BiteMyNailsChewMyTongue

BiteMyNailsChewMyTongue Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from Texas, U.S.A.
    SWIM stayed up for about 3 days on adderal just to see how far he could push it. On the 3rd day I snorted 3 30 mg generics at the same time then passed out 20 minutes later, slept for 24 hours, woke up and went to work.
    To all people who think that they can stay up 1 night and seem normal the next day as long as they take some more adderall, NO YOU CAN'T. You won't be a stark raving schizo yet, but you'll look noticeably worse and thinking just isn't as clear, at least you get side tracked easily. If you value your job or your school career or whatever, don't make a habit of binging. A full nights sleep can work wonders on job output or grades, especially when used in conjunction with adderall. I used like this for a couple years, averaging maybe 3 hours of sleep total for each night. And he came close to being fired and kicked out of school. I was lucky.
    SWIM's conclusion is that amphetamines, at least dextro is just not powerful enough for SWIM to keep him up for a week or some outrageous amount of time. 3 days is a relatively long time, but not for someone who stayed up 9 days before, while still performing all his social responsibilities, granted while looking like a big wierdo speed freak. Maybe the real point should be, why would anyone want to stay up for days on end? It baffles me that I did, and besides by the second day you just feel normal from the amph., and by the 4th it just can't fight off the fatigue, unless you take insane amountsnd possibly harmful amounts. Dex can still let someone have a fun and enriching day/night, when used in the right setting and in the right mind frame.
    Peace.

PS: Sorry this is such a long post, and is mostly selfish babbling. SWIM popped a couple before he got on the board and got carried away.

P.S.S. Actually My not sorry most of it babbling, especially considering its in the adderall forum.

13. ChronicRelapser06

ChronicRelapser06 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jesus Christ... When swIm was really bad into speed, swIm would stay up - almost ritualistically - 7 days and then crash. There was a period of about 4 months that swIm got roughly 4 full days of sleep each month. swIm would go many days without eating - weighed 93 pounds at age 16. By the 5th day or so, one is running off of energy that one theoretically shouldn't possess. swIm nearly overdosed back then. Thinking back though, it wasn't really recreational after awhile. It was the difference between "Crash, or not?". It was 'survival'. Doses began in the week at about 150mg and tapered down, until mid-week when they would jump back to 150. During the weekend, doses would get as high as 240mg - simply because thats what it took to keep the body conscious. swIm quit speed altogether until very recently. swIm railed 300-400mg crushed through both the nostrils and had a TIA. Was hospitalized. Entire left side of the body shut down. Tolerance had apparently gone down.

***DO NOT ATTEMPT THESE HIGH OF DOSAGES, for real... swIm took 6 months or so to require these high of doses (back when he was 16). What happened to him recently is an example of what happens when one over-amps. TIA = mini-stroke. Its scary shit, man.

14. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM's record is 85 hours on a study binge. At the end he smoked a huge brick of kief and was having full visual and auditory hallucinations. Good times.

15. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan
    If by session you mean binge and by study you mean obssess over then I can say he has only gone as far as 5 days. (He rarely exeeds 2 days) Once in a blue moon thing.

16. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^^ Swim only really stays up long with addy if he has something to do academically. Otherwise he might make it a long night but he doesn't see a point to simply staying a long ass time just for the hell of it with adderall..... Unless something like VVV below happens.

The last few days were fun for swim though. He woke up at 9 am on Thursday so he could study for a comprehensive exam on Friday. He started studying at 11 am and was on and off through the day until he realized there was too much material to cover before the test, so he picked up adderall from a friend and planned for the all-nighter. Things didn't go too bad, besides the internet being out for a bit which screwed him out of a few hours of studying. The test was at 1:30 pm on Friday, so I went through around 60mg of adderall and 20mg of focaline total, mostly right before the test to keep him focuses at the time. After the test was over at 3:30 I should have gotten food (he hadn't eaten since the night before) or just gone to sleep but he was somewhat brain dead so he sat around listening to music for a few hours cruising the inet while time flew by. Then, by close to 11 pm I was still awake and people were drinking somewhat heavily in the rooms near his so he decided to hang out for a bit. That hanging out turned into a full-blown party that got too crazy with people breaking too many glass objects and alcoholic beverages flying around. Right near the start though, I decided he had to have some help if he wanted to stay up and drink and hang out a bit so he took slightly less than half a pill of E that was cut with some amphetamines. Was a crazy night, and swim ended up passed out finally at 6 AM after drinking probably too much alcohol though he kept hydrated. Wasn't too insanely long a period to stay up, but the whole not eating combined with drinking made it rather weird...

17. methylaminorex

methylaminorex Newbie

Reputation Points:
    fell asleep on my feet aka faint

18. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    wow thats alot do u get funny looks at the pharmacy?thats a gram of amphetamine every 9 days.that must wreak havoc on your body!

19. pokeyjo304

pokeyjo304

Reputation Points:
    I was given 30 40mg xr's once and stayed up for 4 days and 3 nights, felt like crap coming down, slept for about 15 hours, got up and went to school.

20. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40mg xrs?? the highest is 30mg....even then 30 30mg xrs in 4 days wow....:eek: