1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

looking back in anger

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by grecian, Mar 12, 2005.

1. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Nov 28, 2004
    from aruba
    i stopped smoking salvia about 18 months ago cuz i was having really bad, weird trips and i was feeling like it was effecting me psychologically. anyway, i smoked a couple of bongs of salvia again a few days back and the trip was fucking amazing, as good as the first few times i ever did salvia . has ne1 else been thru anything like this cuz i really wanna smoke more but i think the risk ofa bad trip is too high
  2. dachef26

dachef26 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Apr 25, 2005
    The best advice I ever heard was from a friend that had tried salvia before me.

"Just keep telling yourself that nothing is real, and you'll be back to normal soon"

So when i would trip It would be pleasant -- I would ask the objects in my altered world which way back to reality,and they would kindly point me in 'that direction'
  3. transit

transit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Mar 31, 2005
    61 y/o
    The inference that swim makes from grecian’s
    post is that perhaps salvia is best smoked only infrequently (at least for some
    people). </span>While swim very much
    appreciates salvia he only takes it (typically in tincture form) once every few
    months. </span>It is his experience that it
    takes quite awhile to integrate the experience and he is in no rush to repeat

One can understand the experience offered
    by salvia in many different ways. </span>Swim
    often finds it useful to use a spiritual communication model in which the
    experience is understood to involve engagement with another – with ‘other’
    being understood in various ways. </span>For
    swim, until he has integrated the experience of one trip, going further might
    be seen as simply pestering the other – think of a young child programmed by
    television who pesters a parent in a toy store over and over again to purchase something. </span>Such may well be annoying for the parent;
    imagine in the model I am using what it might be like for the ‘other.’ </span>Perhaps one needs to sufficiently appreciate
    and process one experience, before going for another.</span>

One can of course use very different models
    to understand the salvia experience.
    </span>However, if one is repeatedly having or is concerned about having “bad
    trips” then one’s model isn’t really working and perhaps one needs another. </span>In other words, if you are lost or even
    somewhat lost, perhaps you would benefit from a new map.</span>

KYLESUCKS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Feb 24, 2005
    the hell does that mean