Combinations - Looking for a good benzo/opiate alternative ethnobot combination

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Herbal Healer 019, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Herbal Healer 019

Herbal Healer 019 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    So I am on probation and unemployed but recently came into some money, enough to buy a few lbs of some bulk herbs.

I was going to buy 500 valiums with it but decided against it because of its long half life.

my drugs of choice are any type of opiate/oid (strong or "weak") or valium & has, in the past, on seperate occasions, experimented with damiana, chammomile, rhodiala, kava, and st johns wort being pretty well pleased with their effects especially in combination with alcohol.

So I was wondering has anyone found just the right combination of herbs to replicate a good valium like/opiate like high? or just an all around interesting and worthwhile high?

I was thinking something along the lines of combining rhodiala, wormwood, chammomile, kava and damiana, or something simular with the addition or elimination of some of the above listed herbs...

I have a decent amount of cash to blow here and wants to spend it on something worth a shit when combined.

Any suggestions?

2. nork

nork Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from new_zealand
    how about poppy seed tea? about 500g seeds or so is a good dose, and over 1kg not recommended because it varies a lot with opiate content. Poppy pods are best but harder to get than the seeds

3. Shanty

Shanty Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Ashawagunda, valerian, 5-htp, scullcap, kratom, california poppy (known to increase the duration of benzo's). Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

4. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    The original post states that the person in question is on probation and therefore most likely had to submit to a drug testing program. Given those circumstances any drug that will come up positive such as poppy pod/seed tea is probably not the greatest idea, even if the plan is to try and cycle on and off the drug to fit the testing schedule.

5. DriftAway

DriftAway Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was thinking something along the lines of combining rhodiala, wormwood, chammomile, kava and damiana, or something simular with the addition or elimination of some of the above listed herbs...

This sounds like a pretty good place to start IMO. I will let you know from experience dont buy large quantities of herbs from the first vendor you try. Potency and quality of herbs vary greatly by vendor and also by batch. I know you have alot of money to spare but start small until you find a vendor with quality herbs so your not not wasting money.

Personally i was thinking smoking or chewing wormwood for the thijune (spelling?) could possibly have similar affects as weed but once again I havnt found a vendor with quality wormwood.

If you track what you try and in what amounts and report back we would love it! (experience report).

Oh Kava Kava tea with Valerian root pills is VERY nice at night to relax with but make sure you buy Kava Kava root and not the actual plant matter....the plant matter causes major liver damage.

1. 5/5,
      Thanks, I found this post valuable and informative.
      Oct 24, 2011
  6. Mindless

Mindless Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Kava would a good place to start, especially from a benzo point of view. While it's certainly quite different from benzos, there is a feeling calm and relaxation. Valerian is also useful and similar in some respects to the feeling a benzodiazepine might give. It's utility for me is diminished by a rapid tolerance.

There are a couple of things I haven't tried, but thought were relevant. Kratom has already been mentioned, and saffron seems to have potential. This thread is full of ideas about its effective and safe use:

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/18748

7. rawbeer

rawbeer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Personally i was thinking smoking or chewing wormwood for the thijune (spelling?) could possibly have similar affects as weed but once again I havnt found a vendor with quality wormwood.

If you try this you'll soon wish you hadn't. Wormwood is disgustingly bitter and there are tons of actually tasty herbs that have even more thujone, like cooking sage. And getting good wormwood from a vendor is nearly impossible, I grow my own (it's very easy to grow, by the way, and very pretty too) and the stuff I get dry is simply in a world beyond what I've bought in the past.

But back to the topic at hand - I've gotta vote for Kratom here. It's so opiate like it gets used to treat opiate addiction, and I personally love the stuff. To me it seems to most logical choice as an opiate replacement because it acts on opiate receptors - it would possibly even qualify as an "opioid" therefore despite its non-opiate like chemical structure.

And it won't show up on a drug test and is totally legal and pretty cheap.

1. 4/5,
      very correct, chewing raw wormwood is TERRIBLE and should not be reccomended
      Dec 5, 2011
  8. Herbal Healer 019

Herbal Healer 019 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    Hey thanks for all the responses, so far I have bought significant qualities of wormwood, kava kava, valerian, passion flower, and hops (damiana is out of stock like everywhere because of the smoke blend vendors that use it as a base :( )

Forgot about kratom and remember it was good stuff, but one thing i remember (besides feeling like a good dose of poppy tea) was TERRIBLE nausea if I didnt have a tolerance and was using it. I'm talking nausea rivaled only by ground poppy pods eaten (not tea). It's also pretty friggin expensive.

Is catnip worth a shit? I keep hearing that it makes you feel drunk from some ppl and others just laugh when you mention it.

9. snarkymalarky

snarkymalarky Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    AFAIK catnip works on cats as a sex hormone, so there's no reason to expect it to have a psychoactive effect on humans.

10. sveedish

sveedish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Not to be a downer, but I think most of the herbal highs listed below are kind of a joke...I think that a lot of people who claim to have gotten high from them are experiencing the placebo effect. I've been in a similar situation and tried skullcap, rhodiala, lions tail, passion flower, damiana, and much much more, and got NO effect. I have read that the effects of thujone from wormwood are vastly overexaggerated, but have only ever tried absinthe - not wormwood itself.

Valerian root works for sleep. It actually tends to make me feel anxious if I stay up after taking it, and I've read that it affects some other people in a similar way.

Kava Kava is better in my opinion as a substitute because I can stay awake after taking it and relax. It also has a VERY mildly trippy feel to it. Plus the coolest dreams ever.

Kratom is definitely your best route. Definitely gets me high...and I like it because if I eat enough I can get VERY high, unlike most legal/herbal highs which have kind of a threshold effect, and then you can't get much higher (like valerian). I personally haven't experienced the nausea that many people complain about. I think it mixes fine with alcohol in low doses. If you're trying to get high every day, it'll get old fast, tolerance builds fast, but if you're just looking for a weekend fix, then yea, its definitely a great substitute.

Good luck.

11. PowerfulMedicine

PowerfulMedicine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^Have you ever tried catnip? If you have I bet that you bought it and did not harvest it yourself. Most catnip that you buy, especially online, is going to be old and not worth much. The actives are volatile and evaporate pretty quickly.

If you grow it or harvest it yourself it is much more potent. Used fresh as a quid, I find it to be moderately sedative and calming. It works as a tea as well but is more mild. Smoking it works best in my opinion. It really calms the mind and quiets the thoughts.

It isn't extremely strong though and may not seem like much if you smoke a lot of cannabis or use strong opiates often.

12. Mindless

Mindless Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  13. snarkymalarky

snarkymalarky Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I haven't tried it. Maybe it does give you a buzz, but it's still just sex hormones. Google it, numerous sources will confirm this.

14. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    Just because it effects cats in a certain way it does not mean it will only effect humans in the same way. With cats it causes euphoria, with humans sedation.
    There is a ton of information available about catnip and its sedative effect on humans. Fresh catnip can be drunk as a tea as a herbal remedy for insomnia.

Kratom would be the most obvious alternative to opiates, Kava for Benzo's.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  15. RaoulDuke32

RaoulDuke32 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    looks like you have a good list herbal healer, i might add hops if you can find it as well as wild lettuce. Hops decreases in potency over time, so dont be put off if it doesnt work that great - it may be the batch.

Kava works good but the preparation seems to be important. You get the most out of placing the root in a mesh bag and kneading it in cold water with a little lecithin or coconut milk to extract the kavalectones. regular 2% will work in a pinch, its the fat that does it.

Rhodiola seems to be more stimulating for my pets, but to each their own. My pets combine it with ginseng for a workout for the adaptogenic qualities.

Valerian and chamomile are the best imo. also as ian says, the closest in effects to opium is kratom, and benzos is kava.

Im drinkin some skullcap, wild lettuce, damiana, and hops right now. Let us know what you come up with.