Looking for first time advice re fly agaric as a complete novice.

Discussion in 'Amanita' started by x12x, Nov 3, 2018.

1. x12x

x12x Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from hfgdjfhkjg
    Looking for advice...complete novice (previously straight edge for 14 years)

Hello, I am a complete novice when it comes to drugs and have been toying with the idea of trying Fly Agaric in the near future...I am trying this due to it being legal to buy in the UK as I don't really have many connections who can get me magic mushrooms, LSD or any other drugs that I'd like to try...the Fly Agaric though seems interesting and a good place to start for hallucinogens.

I have tried MDMA before and hallucinated on that, i also have done Ketamine and had hallucinations of sorts when trying this as well but I am really excited to hopefully step in to the world of proper hallucinogens. The only issue is, I have no clue where to start and as someone who was straight edge for 14 years, I feel clueless....

I have found a site that is selling dried Fly Agaric 15g and 30g packs. Myself and a friend are looking to try this but I have a few questions as I want to try these not only safely but also to respect the drug itself. I don't want to over do it but want to make sure I get the full effects.

1. If brought dry are the mushrooms safe straight away or do they still need to be prepared?
    2. How best would you prepare them?
    3. If making them for a group of 3/4 people, what sort of dosage would you say is needed, we all want a pretty big trippy experience but don't want to end up going off the deep end. I feel confident I'll be fine as in the past when doing ket I could just remind myself that if I felt bad it was just the drug and almost ignore it, like I was watching a movie...but I don't want to wreck my friends haha
    4. How long are the mushrooms likely to last, is there a come down and after effects?
    5. any other advice in general would be welcomed.

I understand that links to sites shouldn't be posted BUT I felt in this case it was needed as others may have used this site etc. I am in no way advertising the site, they were just the first site I found and wanted to post it to check the credibility.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2018
  2. Anxious kitty

Anxious kitty

Reputation Points:
    from England, United Kingdom
    Alot of people don't touch them as so many other mushrooms and toadstools look like them and you could either trip your ass off or be violently ill and possibly die, this is why people stick to proper ''magic mushroom'' that have psilocybin and psilocin in, but it can still make you trip,
    you need to be so carefull though as the amanita mushroom family contain some of the deadliest mushrooms and alot look like the fly agaric, so you need to be so carefull as the side effects are nasty and include death!

I have only really tripped on ketamine and MDMA and that hasn't happened very often, I have tried acid but the first few times I didn't trip as such, I just had a feeling of doom and it made me remember every bad thing that has ever happened to me, I felt like the shit on someones shoe, it put me off for years then other times it done the same or never worked,

Then one day after taking ketamine I tried mushroom chocolate and forgot I had ate a cube, then I seen tracers but thought it was the ketamine, then I walked home and everything looked so big but I didn't want to stand and look at the sky in awe as I needed to look normal, anyway when I got home I needed to get to bed so took sleeping tablets, which I am annoyed at now as I'd like to of seen if I tripped out more at home, I really want to trip out and see tracers and moving walls and colours and cool things too, some people can taste colours and see music, it sounds so cool :)

Kitty

3. x12x

x12x Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from hfgdjfhkjg
    Yeah, I understand the risks and that's why I'll be buying them from a site, pre-dried and ready to make in to some sort of tea/soup etc. I really want to trip too. I had trips on Ket and MD as well but weirdly it was MDMA that gave me the weirdest trip over Ketamin as with MD it wasn't until I sobered up that I was tripping, it almost felt normal...with Ket everything felt weird but in a great way.

4. SirDabathin

SirDabathin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    20 y/o from Michigan, United States
    No you will not need to prepare them unless they are not cracker dry. If you need to dry them out more just place them under a fan for a couple hours and then dry them out the rest of the way with dessicant.

Just eat them dry, people like to mix Amanita Muscaria in a tea or a brew before ingestion. Anytime I eat mushrooms I eat them raw and in full. It is all preference, I also like the taste of them so I don't mind a quick munch. However some people can experience symptoms of nausea especially when ingesting the Fly Agaric, simply don't eat anything 6 hours prior and you should encounter less distasteful stomach troubles.

The mushroom is extremely welcoming to beginners so do not feel alarmed when first trying the dose. I would say do not exceed 3 grams and try and keep it near 2 grams.

The active ingredient which is Muscimol does not leave you with the same high as a psilocybin cubensis mushroom would. It can be described as a very unclean high. Expect the effects to last around 6 hours, yes there will be a comedown.

Yes you can ingest them, but the risk in my eyes is not worth it in ingesting them. If you plan to use mushrooms frequently just go for the P.C strains available. You could always try growing mushrooms as well for your own consumption, you can grow them stealthy even buy producing the fruits inside of the mason jars. Just depends on your priorities.

5. Thinking_Iris

Thinking_Iris Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from new zealand
    There is no right way to prepare these, spots, no spots, just the skin, whole mushroom, dry not dry, I've seriously heard it all. Basically find a method that works for you and stick with it.
    There is a lot of information out there about drying these that don't really have much basis. I don't know why someone decided ibotenic acid needed to be converted to the "less toxic" muscimol when neither of them have been proven to be toxic. The ibotenic acid is one of the psychoactive chemicals that contributes to the experience, so the advice out there about drying them isn't a hard and fast rule.

If you are buying from a vender there is no way to know where they were picked from or how they are dried. I don't know much about dried material but from picking them fresh the size of them doesn't seem to relevant. I'd expect the dried dosage to be more of a educated guess, there can be quite a bit of potency difference from mushroom to mushroom.

This mushroom doesn't exactly work like this, when its really trippy you are going to feel very messed up. To have a strong experience but not necessarily feel trippy is a better place to aim for. This mushroom is more of a tool, its meditative states is where its true beauty lyes.
    This isn't a social drug its more an introverted one, don't expect to sit around talking about how trippy you feel.
    The full effects aren't going to happen unless you're very messed up.
    If you take enough you won't be able to think like this, amantia have disassociative and delirants effects you may forget you have taken a drug.

Amantia can be a very beautiful trip but its bad trips can be very bad, for me its bad trips tops every psychedelic I've tried.
    Start small use it as a meditation tool and don't expect too much.